xisto Community
moldboy

Happy Pi Day!

How you found this, I have no idea, but yes, I know Pi. 3.14 is the mathematical equation commonly used to find the circumferance and diameter of various legnths and widths of circles. I use it often in Geometry actually. It is one of my favorites to work with because you use a formula to find another fo4rmula, and from taht you get a answer. But this isn't a math Geometry lesson, so happy Pi Day to you too :(

Edited by wild20 (see edit history)

Happy Pi Day!Actually, I remember a while back when I observed a Grade 5 math class, they used that figure - except they didn't refer to it as Pi (yet)...I think they save that until they reach junior high school.

Happy 3.1415 day :(Im not sure how and why did they called 14.march Pi day ?Do someone have that link from some japanis site about pi day ? its the longest link... some of browsers cant load that long link :( Btw when is e day ?

Happy PI Day!

Im not sure how and why did they called 14.march Pi day ?

Probably because of the American dating system. Today would be:

3/14/06

Which are the first three digits of pi! I have a feeling there's gonna to be an extra-special celebration in 2015 :(

Wow, I have never heard of Pi Day! That is interesting. Happy Pi Day to all! What is the use of this holiday anyway?

Woops sorry for a minute there I though you said 'Happy Pie day' (I didn't really but I thought it was funny) anyway I missed it by a day, but thanks for sharing this (I had no idea, but hey it looks like you really do learn something new every day). Anyway happy Pi day to all for yesterday.But I will be sure to write it down so that next year I will be sure to have the best Pi day ever.

Wow, I have never heard of Pi Day! That is interesting. Happy Pi Day to all! What is the use of this holiday anyway?

I don't think it's a holiday and the reason why you haven't heard of it (like I hadn't either until today) is because you probably come from a country that uses the 14/3/2006 dating system.

This is the first time I heard about Pi day. I wonder what would happen on math class today.... Maybe the teacher wouldnt even care, or maybe there could be a fun activity. Oh those old days when I used to go to school.

My school actually celebrates pi day XD Sadly enough, however, I have an ear infection and stayed home today, so I missed it :( I passed in almost all the items for the pi day scavenger hunt, though, so soon I'll have a pi day t-shirt, along with the other two people in my group XD

Btw when is e day ?

e = 2.718281828...

So really, there is no e day, or at least not in the same format as pi day, since there is no month with 71 days. I guess you could stretch it and say that February 7th is e day, if you realllly wanted to.. XD

Today my math teacher didn't quite know if I was makng up pi day on the spot, or not, but I managed to convince our Chem teacher to bring pies, so we had pie in Chem Class.