xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
savge17

My Forum Registration Problem? Hmmmmmmmmm....

I have no idea why but people cant register to my forums. on my website here: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ (clikc forums). Does anyone have any clue why it is doing this? Thanks.

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Topic title changed.

Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

Be specific starting from the title. When you say "Forum Problem" do you mean yours or ours? Make sure you specify exactly in the title what your question/issue is.Secondly, unless you tell us what your forum is running (Invision, phpBB etc) and if you have made any modification to the board we cannot even start to discuss what may be causing your forum software not to register new members. Thirdly, are you saying that people cannot see the registration page or cannot continue and receive registeration information after the registration process? Last caution on manner of making a post.

there is no problem with your forum I registered with no problems at all.he using vbulletin but again I had no problem registering.

Anyways its weird but I have a gmail account. I can register fine with it every time. But with my aol account it wont send the registration. Maybe they conflict? Again sorry about the topic name.

did you try your spam folder in your aol account usually thats where the auto messages usually go to.

I think it is an AOL compatibility issue because all spam protection is disabled. It works for every other type of email other than aol for some reason.

I can tell that he is using phpBB2, not vBulletin as S_M said. I've heard stuff about phpBB not taking email adresses from AOL and hotmail users (and maybe Yahoo as well). It's weird but also useful, because those are common spamming services.

I used my Yahoo account and received the activation letter without a problem. However, it landed in my bulk folder because your FROM contains no data--meaning there's no return address. This is easily flagged as spam for many major email servers. Perhaps that's why AOL rejected right away.

You know if there are any mods that fix this problem? For the phpbb forums? Thanks again for all your help. :(