xisto Community
Dooga

Have You Heard Computers Sing? Text to speech... or Text to song?

wow, i never knew computers were be able to sing. Also, I would never have guessed that the voices which are used on Microsoft's Narrator would be used for the computer's singing.The audio clips on that site are good. I'm really impressed at how far technology has actually gone, what with computers now being able to sing as well as talk. I agree with jlhaslip's post above. I doubt that in a couple of years, singing would be the most advanced thing computers could do. In a couple of years, computers will most likely be able to do a lot more than just singing. Looking at singing in a couple of years will look old.I think if Microsoft did release full length songs similar to the clips on the site, they would become very popular and could even make the top part of the charts.

Edited by sportytalk (see edit history)

Thanks to iGuest for posting a new link. Yes, this is truly amazing. Macs come with many text-to-speech voices, including some singing ones, but this is better. Thanks for sharing.

I don't mean to be negative or anything, but it doesn't amaze me.It's just the basic technology that has always been available with samplers.Digitally adjusting the pitch of a note is so old news it's not funny.

yup.....its trueand also now you can do your job just by telling your command not by writting itman really it would be cool hope so it will be opened soon

Well I have been reading some of the comments posted however it doesn't seem to be loading for him which is a *BLEEP*!!! but I have wrote it down and booked marked it so I won't forget to visit however it does look good from all these comments :).

If I should stay, I would only be in your way. So I'll go, but I know I'll think of you ev'ry step of the way. And I will always love you. I will always love you. You, my darling you. Hmm. Bittersweet memories That is all I'm taking with me. So, goodbye. Please, don't cry. We both know I'm not what you, you need. And I will always love you. I will always love you. (Instrumental solo) I hope life treats you kind And I hope you have all you've dreamed of. And I wish to you, joy and happiness. But above all this, I wish you love. And I will always love you. I will always love you. I will always love you. I will always love you. I will always love you. I, I will always love you. You, darling, I love you. Ooh, I'll always, I'll always love you.