xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sharpz

Logitech G15 Keyboard Macro Buttons

I recieved the Logitech G15 keyboard this past christmas, and i'm wondering who else uses it. I really love the backlit keys, and the LCD, but has anyone got the macro buttons to work properly? Windows does not register them as an actual key, the program seems to register it, and spit out the macro. I can't use it for actual gaming, like counter-strike because there is no practical way to bind it.

Link is here: http://www.logitech.com/en-ca

lol.. i actually saw that keyboard at best buy.. like last week when i went t here with my friend.... lol.. i don't think the extra keys are compatible with every game... .... i forgot the game that was listed on the box.. but i doubt that it will work for all games.... most likely it was made for only one game.. =P

oo special, i would like the lights just because they are blue and cool! lmao! i wish my current keyboard had the lights and thats it because the extra keys i would never need even if they are just for one game..or many games i dont play many games...but it is a cool ideal...to have the lights behind the letters..ha id definatly buy one that doesn't have the led or the side buttons for gaming

i dont have it buddy but it looks just great! i have a logitech too, but it is and oldie now, it is like 5 or 6 years old so, that's why i say, wow man, u are lucky to have a keyboard such like that, any way how do you feel it? is it as impressive and useful as it looks...? or it just looks?

i think the macro buttons are a ripoff, but i think the keyboard is worth it simply for the backlit keys and the LCD, although the LCD is harder to program than one would believe so by the logitech propaganda :(

You use the logitech keyboard profiler app to create a specific profile (for instance a Counterstrike source profile). You tell the profiler the .Exe file that the game uses to launch. Then when you launch the game, the profiler activates the particular profile you designed. Very F'ing cool keyboard, and anyone who says the macros are a gimmick clearly has no idea about gaming/macro keysYou ask any gamer (particularly MMO'ers) what they think of the g15 keyboard, and in particular the macro keys, and they will sing it's praises.Peace out-reply by Davo

Replying to sharpzMy g keys work with css fine however it depends on what you use them for...I use mine for buying weapons makes it quick and easier...You cant use the G keys for everything and I do agree that its not accepted with a few games but you can look for the apps that make it compatible.-reply by reaper

Interestingly, the link is for the Logitech diNovo Edge keyboard and not the G15.Anyway, on the topic, the keyboard has excellent features in comparison with similar keyboards, especially the back-lit keys and integrated LCD screen. I'm not really a fan of macro keys though, in that I would not specifically try to buy a keyboard with such extra keys. I don't play any games that having macro keys would give me an advantage in anyway e.g. Team Fortress 2. I am currently using a Microsoft Wireless Entertainment Desktop 8000 that similarly has backlit keys. However, most of its features are geared towards improving media center functionality, like volume and channel controls plus a trackpad. I really like the convenience of a dedicated volume control provided by the keyboard. Also, it runs a bluetooth, which gives me the convenience of moving the keyboard where I like e.g. when I am making notes from textbooks.Do you generally use wireless keyboards and mice for gaming?

Interestingly, the link is for the Logitech diNovo Edge keyboard and not the G15.
Anyway, on the topic, the keyboard has excellent features in comparison with similar keyboards, especially the back-lit keys and integrated LCD screen. I'm not really a fan of macro keys though, in that I would not specifically try to buy a keyboard with such extra keys. I don't play any games that having macro keys would give me an advantage in anyway e.g. Team Fortress 2. I am currently using a Microsoft Wireless Entertainment Desktop 8000 that similarly has backlit keys. However, most of its features are geared towards improving media center functionality, like volume and channel controls plus a trackpad. I really like the convenience of a dedicated volume control provided by the keyboard. Also, it runs a bluetooth, which gives me the convenience of moving the keyboard where I like e.g. when I am making notes from textbooks.

Do you generally use wireless keyboards and mice for gaming?

thats really a very cool innovation. Well, what is the major difference between G15 or diNovo edge. I checkedout the link, and I didnt find anything so specific, however I would definitely like to have one such keyboard. Its so awesome.

I am using a old classic wired keyboard, and this new stuff is really making me crazy.