xisto Community
Janissary

World's Smallest Camera

Wow, this is camera is really tiny. I'd be surprised if it actually produced any good photos though, although having said that, anything can be possible with the modern technology. I still think it's a bit on the small side though, the components inside must be the size of a pea too, there's plenty inside that could go wrong.When they come down cheaper in price, i reckon it'll come into a kind of fashion, where everyone goes around with these little cameras. We'll find out sooner or later anyway!I haven't thought about miniature cameras before, a lovely idea in my opinion. I hope they catch on well and get used sensibly. :(

If this is the size thats commercially available now days, then I wonder what type of technology the real spies are using these days. I dont know but with nanotechnology they can make really amazing things. About the size of this one, I wasnt really that surprised, because come cellphones have their cameras at about this size. Just think about how tiny most cellphones are now days, the only exception about this would be the battery and circuitry that would go along with it. For what it is I realy dont think its expensive, Obviously you cant expect real good image quality from it, but its design, the way the have made everything fit in there just makes it worth the price. I still cant find any use for it though, dont really feel like spying on anyone. Just hope this type of technology doesnt fall in the wrong hands (parents (lol), perverts,etc...)

That is one small camera! I bet they are out of stock for two reasons.1. So many people lose their camera daily or accidently break it somehow that they need to get a new one.2. Perverts are buying them as quick as they can and installing them in dressing areas in JCPenny when they are cleaning the store as a janitor (or some other job)People are more likely to see the cord than the camera, I think. (lol)

Victim: What's this cable doing in here?Pervert: Oh, it's... hmm... we are reparing our electric cables... Just ignore it.Victim's thoughts: Well, its just a cable, im not seeing any cameras

a product like this seems like it would cause alot of trouble lol. might be useful for catching shop lifters or something though... i dunno, really seems like it would cause more trouble than it would help. :T and to think a produt like this is available commercally.

Yeah, I think the big problem would be perverts. I'm telling you people, with all this micro cameras and internet monitors and all of that, we could be being watched very closely and we may never even know it.

With a camera that small.... I'm afraid to change clothes now...

But hey, I can see how a 007 can use those, put it in your tie or something. That'd be freaking awesome.

As for what it'd look like hooked up to cables, I did some resea-.... googling and found some neat stuff.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Things such as stalking someone might not be very difficult, even with a low resolution camera. It's scary because a lot of people get stalked without the use of technology. What happens when you do add something that can be so easily hid, yet still offer a decent amount of information to your query?

I dont see the point of creating cameras that seem to get smaller and smaller. It seems as though peoples intentions are good but there seems to be so many bad reason and ways to use this technology. People in shops should have the big cameras as that way they can alert people that they are being watched. I read a case where a shoplifter sued the owners as they had hidden the camera! Im not sure if that is real or if it is actually against the law? But these small cameras are very dangerous, people could be bugged in their houses and not even know. This would also be bad as terrorists could bug presidents and other countries presidents or prime ministers. So the creators should put a stop to this by making a special force field like thing, that stops cameras working in an area.

It seems as though peoples intentions are good but there seems to be so many bad reason and ways to use this technology.

This is pretty true. There is so much in today's world that was created in order to be beneficial to our society, yet there are so many people who twist the use into something totally opposite. I wonder if people who invent/create things are always caught up in the bliss of finally acheiving a goal. Maybe they are blind to see what cruel intentions can be thought up using their invention?

I play several different games where I am part of a guild or clan within the game. When we get together to discuss rules/ideas/whatever else, we always have one special person who is there only to point out the BAD things from our GOOD ideas. We do this on purpose, because it's always a good idea to explore the negative side of our thoughts before we put something out into our ranks.

If good uses do not outweight bad uses (this is somewhat limited, as practically ANYTHING can be used for evil purposes), then do we really want this out in society?

that is just way to small, i don't think it will work well either. I mean i may only store 1 to 3 pictures max on the little thing, if it takes film or memeroy card. This is just crazy how small this camara is. I would not like only because it is probbaly low realition and to easy to loose.

Well I'm really not into spying (honest), So I really don't think this ones is form also at $138.95 I could get a excelent camera, which I wouldn't lose and would just as easily manage the spying job (youi just have to know where to hide it). But I suppose this is something which is designed more as a proof of concept than as something which is going to be used by a large number of people. It also has obvious uses in portable devices (due to its size, the price doesn't help). Well anyway while I don't perasonally see the need for making things smaller in general, (I tend to prefer big things) i'm sure there are a few people who could put this to (immoral) uses (hey I bet you thought it too)