xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Florisjuh

Dutch 14 Year Old Suicides

Yeah if this is true then it is really sad. And the problem here are not computers nor parants I would say biggest problem is the youth themselves.I remember when I was 14 I was still playing outside with my friends running and getting dirty in the mud and so on. Whatever we could think of those were happy times. But now I watch young people like that and they are not happy nor do thay play they go out to the clubs and are acting like the hole world is theirs like they have everything and they don't have respect for no one. Also many of them instead of having real life friends turn to their online friend which can be anyone from pedophiles to some crazy maniac and so on. Parents should here use their strong fist but they often do not until it is too late. I feel sorry for this boy because he hadn't find meaning in the life. But still point here is go have fun with your friends go out find a grilfriend drink beer and dance and not sit infront of your computer having fun in the online chatrooms or in the online discos and so on. Real life is the best thing person can experience. And for young person it is the most important thing to socializes with the friends of his or hers age and to act according to their age. Real life problems come later and life is hard but it is also good and everyone should enjoy life as exit is out there if you have problem. And rather then spending your time feeling sorry for yourself you will go on and push as much as you can. So have fun, joke with friends and hang around. Life is good. ;)

I don't mean to be disrespectful to the dearly departed but it does seem that a lot of replies point out how lame it was to kill one's self just because one's runescape account got hacked (despite numerous re-iterations that it was not the sole reason) and how youth today are so angsty and how they should have turned to their friends (despite having the victim's last friend turn against him)

Maybe we can look at it, then, as part of natural selection? Y'know, survival of the fittest; weed out the weakest? If he was incapable of surviving through life at such an early stage of his life, then it probably is just as well that the world is rid of him, don't you think?

I do notice that a lot of people in their teen years live in an ego-centric universe. I once thought the universe was made for me, that it my job to ensure that everything goes according to my will. My sister, on the other hand, now has utter disregard for the welfare of a lot of people. I know someone who wanted to hack the school server simply because some professors had been mean to that person. Another kid rebelled against his parents, not because his philosophies ran averse to theirs but simply because he didn't want to follow orders.

Consider it an ordeal, then. It's a stage of a person's life that will define his actions far into the future. If we want a better society, then maybe we must weed out those ill-equipped to handle the pressure of reality. Not that we should actively root them out but just let those who want to kill themselves. Otherwise, they could very well grow up into baobabs that will burrow their massive roots into the planet, eventually crushing it to gray lifeless fragments. Ookay, I'll stop with the allusions ;)

In any case, we have all been talking a lot about the poor kid, he must be rolling in his grave right now. Kid, wherever you are, rest in peace. To the rest of you, godspeed ;)

I was considering your post. And I must agree in the modern world there is no more natural selection as when we did have when we lived in caves and so on. However the problem is that are suicide killings natural selection or not. I don't know but nature will probably develop some way of cutting those who are not fitted. And probably new way of clearing those useless and cacthy for resources.

I think the suggestion that all 14 year olds act this way, and all 14 year olds go through a stage in which they want to kill themselves is quite absurd. The boy killed himself not because of a game, but because everything mounted up and eventually it was too much for him, the fact his friend could do such a thing at such a difficult time in his 'friends' life is downright selfish, I hope wherever he is, he is happy with the reward he got, at the cost of a life. R.I.P Maarten-Aidan

you would have not done that darling,you are ssuposed to hav a long life.once u would hav thought about ur parents swtheart.so sry for u.