xisto Community
brainet

Is It True Or Hoax Gmail Service Shutting Down? donotreply@gmail.com

Any announcements concerning Google/Gmail will come from Google itself. They won't rely on informing us through email, and even if it did, Google certainly won't write unprofessional messages such as that! HOAX is written all over. Plus, I don't think Google will link us to a suspicious external link like that.

I Trust Google. They'll neve cheat the loyal users of GMail. Even if they are going to make any major or minor changes in their services they'll definitely inform the users through Mail and not like this Hoax Mail.

To make sure exactly where a message is from, click "More Options" and then click "Show Original." Usually you can find some random address where the message is really from, perhaps just a php script on some website.Besides, this message is a no-brainer. The real problems are some of the more advanced phishing scams, etc.

I really really doubt that its real. It has hoax written all over it. The email that you recieve probably is spam that is unfiltered. Its probably an ad that got through the filter and is attempting to make you click on their ads. It may even have adware and spyware at the site if you click on the link.

Be real, man. It's a hoax. Think...Google doesn't need 1,000 clicks to a link. They get millions of clicks...daily.

No person on his right mind would believe something stupid like this. You should ignore messages like this. If Google would do such thing they would likely to announce it through a publicity and some official statements from their website.

well it's a hoax, they would not send it from donotreply@gmail.com, that's just stupid. Google is not loosing money, or else you would see a huge fall in the stocks. Plus, they get money from it, google is not a web service company, or a search company, they are an advertizing company. They make money off of adsense. They show those on gmail, and they get money per click.Don't wory about it, don't click the links, some itiot is trying to get rich off of people's stupidity.

Do you know how easy it is to spoof an email address? Did you check the sender ip and other stuff in the header? Obviously, its not google as they would post something about it on the main page AND would not ask you to click on a referal search engine. WHy would they need the revenue anyway, a few dollars is nothing compared to the millions or billions they are raking in.

Okay, first of all: It is a HOAX! A PHISHING SCAMMING email!Use a POP3 Email Client to recieve Gmail. I use Mozilla Thunderbird.POP3 server is pop.gmail.com.Install the Sender Verification Extension on Thunderbird, also the GMail Functions or whatever it is called. This improves security and also detects a lot of phishing emails.Don't believe any of this junk. Google servers are extremely secure.I get emails just like that from eBay, PayPal, Comerica, CitiBank, ScotiaBank and Bank of America. I only use PayPal, and those are FAKE emails.Be careful, you don't want to loose any accounts, etc.