xisto Community
William91

Loving Someone On The Internet?

I totally agree with you. Actually, I think there tends to be two sides to this.On the internet, there's no way of knowing what kind of person you're dealing with. You can pose as anything you want and change your personality completely and the person on the other end will never know. Heck, you could be a guy thinking you're talking to a girl but really it's another guy. I've had friends who have met people online and have "fallen in love" with them or whatever, and one of them even met one person in real lief that she met online through a game, one time, and he asked her to be his girlfriend that day...I thought that was just really bizarre because how can you know enough about the person to know that you want to be in an actual relationship with them (long distance relationship, in this case)? Personally I think it's kind of stupid.But then again, the other side to it is that you aren't distracted by their looks and such. The internet can be a much more shallow place because you really get to know the person's personality before you can judge them by their looks and decide they're not the person for you. So that's the good thing about it.But still, I'm not sure how anyone can actually fall in love with someone online. It just doesn't make sense to me really.

Yea this is pretty odd, but my friend was "dating" a guy on the net. I asked her why they would date online, and she replied by saying they can always meet and it's almost the same thing.. well alot of people start on the net and then start meeting each other and sometimes, it would work for them. Like my brother, he met this asian Canadian girl on the net and my brother lived in Chicago. They met, but after about 4? years they're not together anymore because of some dumb family issues--anyway, my brother moved to California for a job--starting over. He now works at Google. But the point is, net dating isn't that bad you can meet all sorts of people--loyal, untruthful, etc. but you may find the right person. You will never know, so what is so wrong about net dating? :)

Before I think its not possible to love someone on the net. But my 2 cousins married with the people that they met on the net.It really depends on the persons involve if they will fall in love on the internet.Happy for them :)

Well, most of those people that are playing those games are adolescents, which means all those hormones are acting up, even when playing online! So, I guess marrying online and all that jazz is more like a fantasy than anything; I guess it's a more advanced form of playing pretend. If that makes sense at all. They know that it will (probably) never be all it is is just pretend, so it doesn't really matter if they know the person or have seen the person or not, it's not all that serious, or I've never seen those online marriage things as too serious, I guess there might be people out there who really get into it..

You cannot "Love" someone over the internet, not by the real definition anyway...simply because you do not know that person's traits, emotions, humor etc to it's fullest extent without seeing them face-to-face.

Another problem that arises is, when you are dating someone over the internet and have not ever seen them in person or have seen their picture, then you usually end up thinking the best of them, you just assume that the person is really attractive. Another problem with arises is that there are many people who are great chatters but it might be a totally different situation face-to-face.

ell, most of those people that are playing those games are adolescents, which means all those hormones are acting up, even when playing online! So, I guess marrying online and all that jazz is more like a fantasy than anything; I guess it's a more advanced form of playing pretend. If that makes sense at all. They know that it will (probably) never be all it is is just pretend, so it doesn't really matter if they know the person or have seen the person or not, it's not all that serious, or I've never seen those online marriage things as too serious, I guess there might be people out there who really get into it..

Agreed.

I have to disagree, there are some people you can't to know really well online, and when you meet them they are really that better. However most relationships like this are from your own state/or 500kms away where you hear all about these ones from overseas which are made out to be so good. This is where alot of people fall in the trap of looking to the internet for love etc. and losing sight of what love really is. Love is a connection bewtween two people/things and is an unbreakable link or can't be hurt easily.

Ah, thanks CarlU, I feel special for being quoted :).Also you've got to keep in mind that when playing those online rpg's people who "fall in love" in those games don't see the actual person, they see the character. And it's pretty obvious that the characters in the game were created to be appealing to the eye, or else not as many people would want to play it. So really players get attracted to the character graphics, and combine that with what the character says, so you're mixing aspects of the game with aspects of the real person playing the game, if that makes any sense. Anyway, keeping that in mind, it's not real love.

it may be not a realistic love emerged on internet IMO...but if there are certain luck belong both of you,true love must be romantic very much.however,i bless the love of this kind.

You can

You can learn all about someone over the net. You can determine if you like their sense of humor or whether their values meet yours, or whether their photograph is pleasing, or whether they're intelligent enough to keep you occupied all evening long. You may REALLY enjoy their company online but there is no way you can be in love with someone you haven't touched. I just don't believe it's possible.

I met my husband through a personal ad over a newsgroup before the www existed in Orlando. We were 10,000 miles apart but we were smart enough to know that we loved what we perceived the other person to be. Turns out we were right but we could have easily been wrong.

-FeelingFlirty

actually it is possibile

It happened to me, never thought is possibile, I even laughed when I was hearing story like this, but no long after that it did happened to me. I was no sure..It was lust, it was love...Felt like love, in both sides, seen the person on webcam, so it was a phisicaly atraction there for sure...I think is love, and I am gonna meet this person, I really want to know if this is REALLY possibile, but at this very moment..I think is love. I keep you updated:)

-reply by meinlove

Its possible.

Replying to William91

Its defiently possible, becuase I have experienced the deepest love, from someone over the internet, who I spoke too for years, and then finally met. I defiently loved him before meeting him. 100% no doubt. It is possible.

i think you canLoving Someone On The Internet?

I think it might be possible to fall in love online. It just depends on the people and how long you talk to them online.

for instance, I met alex online about 6 years ago. I was 14 and he was 15. We talked about simple things here and there and we both had webcams and mics so we talked constantly. he became one of my closest of friends.

it was when I was about 17 and had too many failed relationships that I started thinking as to why I wasn't feeling too deep for my boyfriends...And the one thing that popped into my head was maybe that I was already in love..

when I talked to alex he admitted that, he too, had several failed relationships and believed that he was already in love...

and alas, our relationship started...

I'm now going on 20 and he's going on 21, he lives over 4,000 miles away from me and he's coming to visit me next year! <3 

and for some reason I will never know why, I already know that I love him. 

-reply by Tibi

Love Is DifferenLoving Someone On The Internet?

You are telling people they don't know what love is. You do?

There is no definition for love. It's something you feel someone who makes you happy.

Love is different for every single person.

I fell in love with someone I met while playing Halo.

He has made me happier than anyone I have ever been with. So don't go telling people they don't know what love is because ultimately you don't know cause you have never experienced it.

If you have never been with someone in real life it can only make your bond stronger. Vocally speaking is about 10% of communication and that is all me and my boyfriend do. So we are very close and understand each other on such a deep level.

Yes I is DEFINITELY  possible top fall in love with someone you have met on line.

-reply by Mindy