xisto Community
William91

Loving Someone On The Internet?

internet loveLoving Someone On The Internet?

I fell in love with a guy I met over the internet we were so close for almost all of last year, we met up, we got along really well, I was so so in love with him, then one day he just wouldn't talk to me, we were never offically going out but I am still more in love with him then ever today, I feel as if ill never ever get over him.

I try my hardest all the time to forget about him.

I think he hates me.

I'm almost certain he hates me. Its breaking my heart more and more each day.

I wish wish wish I could read his mind, I just want to know how he feels about me, I could never ask him because I don't want him to think I'm stupid for still loving him, I never even told him how in love with him I was and I miss him.

I everyday wish I could go back to last year when everything was diferent, when he cared for me, when we would stay up till morning talking about the randomest stuff and I miss our text messages.

it all changed when I got back from holidays.

we were supposed to see each other. But he never showed.

he said to me that night when I asked him why he didnt show he said: "I forgot about u" 

he shattered my heart, and its still shatered till this day.

-reply by girl in love

Its true..You can fall in love online.

I met this guy on a internet game called Tibia when I was 15. He was my boyfriend on the game for 2.5 years. During summer breaks we would be online together 15-20 hours everyday..It was sick but we were helplessly addicted to each other. At first we just talked on the game and on MSN..Then webcam and mic..And finally we started talking on the phone every single day..And since I live in USA and he lives in UK. we had 400$ phone bills each month.

We talked about marriage and everything..And we had never even met before at this point! He was my best friend and no one knew me like he did. We knew each other inside out..Talking to someone 10+ hours a day every day..Even if its on the computer/phone for 2.5 years..You get to know them BETTER than if you did in real life. No one spends that much time getting to know each other. I knew I loved him..Meeting him was just a matter of time.

And finally, this past summer, now that I'm 18 I flew half way across the world to see him. And guess what? I was right. Right when I saw him in the airport he put his arms around me and this warm tingly feeling went over me...And I knew these were the arms I wanted to be in for the rest of my life. He then kissed me right then and there..And again...The best kiss I have ever had.

It felt so right.

And let me tell you..Those few weeks I spent with him...Right out of a fairy tale. Before I met him I thought he was the most amazing person in the world and I was madly in love with him. Now that I have met him...He turned out to be 1000x better than I thought..And I love him that much more.

Hes coming to see me in december now :)

She could have been the love of my life...Loving Someone On The Internet?

I don't normally consider dating anyone more than 30 miles away from me, but on match.Com you can see when someone has viewed your profile and I noticed this one girl who checked me out, and although she lived 800 miles away, I just had this funny feeling about her from her picture alone. It was weird. I looked at her profile and knew I had to find out who she was.I emailed her - all I said was 'you are beautiful. Who are you?' and what happened next blew my mind. Over the next month, this girl and I arranged several virtual dates through Skype and talked for hours both online and on the phone. We developed a very real connection, which I never thought you could do without meeting each other. We shared an appreciation for verbal expressions of thoughts and emotions, had very similar spirits, and the same philosophies on everything...Including underarm deodrant! I kid you not, I thought this girl was my soulmate.She decided to buy a plane ticket to come see me and just one week later I started noticing she was less responsive to me. Something had changed, I could tell. I tried to play it cool but after a little while I couldn't take it, and I knew it wasn't just my imagination. Something changed. I asked her to be honest with me and she confessed to meeting someone locally and that she doubted my sincerity, that I might be a player, because I advocated we continue to date other people. Let me tell you, this girl occupied a space in my heart that no one else had met before. I felt completely shattered when I learned she wouldn't be coming and had found someone else. But I also learned that maybe next time I should be more forthcoming with my true feelings, even if they're online and far away, because I believe I would have fallen in love with this girl. No doubt about it.No regrets though. She made me realize it didn't take a physical touch to make a true connection, and she gave me hope that I can still find my kindred spirit online. I'm still looking.

-reply by Paul

ok first of all your not just meeting someone right now tonight andSaying you love them, second of all the reason there is so manyDivorces for the dumb *bottom* who said that is because of real lifeMeetings so manypeople confuse lust with love they get married and cantStand each other 4 months down the road. So answer me this when u meetSomeone on the net all you can do is talk to them,on I'm or thru a phoneAnd the more you talk to someone the more mentally connected youBecome. Now I would rather mentally be in love with someone b4 thePhysicaly side cuz then you cant tell if its true. If you talk toSomeone 8 hours a day you don't think it is better then being right nextTo someone and not saying anything??? just my opinion

I'm an 18 year old girl, and about 5 months ago I met this guy on a free dating site. I'd never been on one of these before, and I just went on for fun, and didn't really expect something to come out of it. We've been talking pretty steadily over msn, about a huge variety of things, about our lives and some deep things. Then we were planning to meet during Thanksgiving (Canadian), but it didn't happen because of complications. Before this, I also sent him a letter (real mail) because I love writing letters and I think it's a dying art. So after the failed meeting, we just stopped talking for like a month.

Then one day I was thinking about how much I missed talking to him, so I wrote him another letter, just telling him that. Then a little while later we started talking on msn again and he sent me a letter saying how impressed and surprised he was to hear from me again. He sent me his grad ring too, so I'd look forward to seeing him more. Now we plan to meet right after Christmas. He lives in Quebec and I'm in Ontario, so we're about 7 or so hours by car away. He's coming here for a few days, and if it goes well, I'm going back with him to spend New Years there. I'm very excited. Oh, and a couple of days ago we talked on the phone for the first time, for 2 hours. It wasn't awkward, and we got along just as well as on msn. I'm really excited to meet him. So far we're just friends, but that's okay because I know you cannot be more than friends with people until you've been in their presence and had physical interaction. I hope it grows into more, but I'm not going to think too far ahead. We'll see what happens and take it moment by moment.

-reply by Moose

Falling in love onlineLoving Someone On The Internet?

Of course you can fall in love online! You might not know the person well, but after a while-- assuming they don't like about who they are-- you get to know them just as you would if they were right in front of you.

I fell in love with a boy almost a year ago over an online game. No one tells me I don't know him well enough because we talk over the phone enough that he can predict my next comment, finish my sentences, and answer questions before I finish asking them. Likewise, I know him pretty well, although it'd be physically impossible for me to know a person like that. I just can't know people that well.

HOWEVER, I don't agree with the online marriages. If you're going to marry a person, take time to get to know them in person and THEN decide if you want to marry them or not. Love is love, though, even if you don't get married. Anyone with true friends loves their friends, even if not in a romantic way. Love is love, guys, and it can occur over the internet, especially if you're the kind of person who spends a lot of time over the internet.

I, personally, don't like online match-makers. I meet people through things I like doing. All you really have to do to find your perfect person is be confident-- not over confident, mind you--  with who you are, do what you enjoy doing, and be patient. Love's not quick, it takes time to form.

Lastly, I agree that some people SAY they're in love when they're not. But if anyone tells you that it only happens over the internet, that's bull. If someone tells you they love you, they most likely at least THINK they love you. Some people are jerks, true, but most (dare I say most?) aren't like that.

-Juliette-

-reply by Julliette

I believe that loving someone on the internet is ridiculous but I do admit that I have had an "online girlfriend" when I was about ten years old. I was... Hah! I really don't remember. Anyways, I was too young to understand how wrong that is. I think that people who love someone on the internet have no lives (disregarding dating services, different story). I find it hilarious watching some of my friends play online games. You will see people spamming "L> GF!" all over the place. And then you will see people saying, "I will be your GF!". Things like that make my day. lolI think that some people need to feel loved so they get a "girlfriend/boyfriend" on the internet. Most people are extremely afraid to come up with the guts to ask someone out. If you look on the internet, you will see all sorts of articles informing people about how they are afraid to ask someone out. Asking someone online to be their "lover" just takes some typing and the {ENTER} key.It is OK to become acquainted with people online but relationships are a no-no. You should have at least met the person face-to-face before you can try and start a relationship with them.Marriages online are a great money-making scheme for gaming companies. Teens are the main target for games and they tend to get addicted to games. About 70% of the teens playing MMO games have online relationships with someone. Some kids get too "into the game" however. Not too long ago, I read a blog post of a gamer claiming to have cried in real life after his "online girlfriend" broke up with him. I think that online marriages are okay if it is for fun.Many people will disagree with me and say that loving someone on the internet is OK. I can agree with that somewhat. You can't really characterize someone on the internet for looks (unless they have profile pics) and it can really brush up your social skills (possibly).

First off how can you love someone you never met? What is the point of having a girlfriend you will never see? If you never met the person in real life you should not be dating them. It ridiculous. You can't love someone without meeting them, it's basically impossible. You can become attached to them, much like anything else that is a part of your life. But seriously thats not love at all. Its just about as bad as that guy who married a video game character on his ds lite. When I heard that I was like woooww haha. Its pretty pathetic if you ask me. Same with online relationships. I knew a guy who had a online girlfriend once that lived like have way across the world and after three months she told him that she has a boyfriend in real life the whole time and that she wanted to breakup. He was sad but I laughed sooo hard at him haha. Probably not the thing a good best friend would do but I told him when I found out that he was a moron for online dating. So yeah thats my stand on this whole concept.

:D I disagree with you ,that can not fall in love with someone across the internet.Meeting someone online .Gives you a chance to understand and know the reality of that person beyond any attraction physically could offer ,allows you to ,see beyond the person ,deeply within their soul .The two sharing many deep areas within each other ,that no other can possible understand except two sharing that cherished times together .Allows you to grow within a deeper bond for each other .although have to admit that ,when you take it off the internet though and reality of each others lifestyles and introducing each other to those different lifestyles can create more than the two actually could of possible ever imagine in their life shared together .Although one could always go beyond all reality of coming together off the internet to truly understand their is stronger bond within each other to know ,there could never be anything this life could toss in your direction ,that together ,the two can not work through it .To become stronger sharing your lives together and each making the other a better person .I shall always hold a strong belief in falling in Love with someone not yet met and meeting each other online .When two people ,are drawn to each other ,some how you just know inside yourself ,you found that special partner that ,you been waiting for all your life .It becomes so magical to actually bring that feeling off the computer and allow it to flourish into fullest bloom your souls can ,join together as you both always knew it was meant to be between you two .There are many magical possibilities to everything in this World ,When you do believe and never lose that Touch,when you meet ,that special Partner .No matter How the two actually met in ones Life ,that brings them together .Love never has a particular direction it takes all the time and sometimes Love happens when least expects it to happen too and in most weirdest manners or environments .It holds a Journey all on it's own .We can never Plan its Journey as That would be very Foolish though .Love has strong magick and strong Belief that once Bonded it is a Love that never Dies or Loose its Touch .Sometimes though I do realize when two can find that Love and know its meant to be .Sometimes that Reality ,should be cherished off line and some people find ,They got off the internet although ,the other partner still ,online ,trying find that magick ,once held as Reality can be over whelming to bare .Although Love can be Found When Least expect it too .When Love finds you ,you will never want Lose it . :)

How to go beyond meeting online...Loving Someone On The Internet?

I'm a confident, loving mature female that should know better than to meet a male on a dating site and then to instant message with him for 3 month without meeting in person.  We live only 30 miles apart and have a great repore online.  We have shared intimacy, find one another funny, shared feelings about life in general, and seem to want to meet.  Somehow, though, he continues to tell me to be patient...It will happen.  I'm hurting a lil' more each day because I really want him in my life.  Has a pattern evolved to where we can't  get beyond? I so appreciate writing this and waiting for replies...I'm sure there are others out there who have faced this too.

-question by samantha

It's very rational to have an online relationship. I personally see nothing wrong with it. It gives both parties freedom to be themselves and confide with fear of being laughed at or being discriminated against. I have had an online girlfriend..only one so far, it was wonderful. We were so in love and used to chat on msn for long periods at one time we clocked 12 hours!! She was so funny and found me nice too and we just got along great.When you finally meet, it depends on how you two handle it. Since, if you were both honest with each other, you know basically the other person each other out...it actually be very nice and romantic. It can also be boring like hell, if the other person sees something physical she/he doesn't like about the other person. That could turn nasty but its all bout understanding and acceptance and realizing people can't change the way they are. Once wrong is thinking the other person is perfect. That would be only end in a big disappointment. Many people I know started their relationships online and now are happily married.

Not real, sorry. You feelings may be, but the "relationship" is notLoving Someone On The Internet?

It seems to me that it is sad that the people feel so lonely that they need to be validated by someone who does not exist in "their world".   Ironically...The fact that people feel "free enough" to say things that they would not normally say, to people who co-exist in their everyday life is the key point of the problem. Some of these guys who poetically go on about how you hang the moon and the stars above and how much they love you within a week...Can not = love.  Or at least the definition of real, giving, sacrificing love that people truely desire in intimate relationships.  I couldn't even go as far as to say that it could truely be infatuation when you are unable to determine the true depth and nature of a person, other than what they "put on" for even hours at a time online.