xisto Community
delivi

Boost Up Dial Up Speed How to increase Internet dailup speed

My advice is to not use a download accelerator they do not work and many of them contain things like ad ware, spy ware, and other stuff like that. The only true download accelerators work by caching information on their servers and their servers have to be faster than the site in the first place for it to speed up anything and I would not even go with that because I have heard the server gave someone a cached page for a forum and they were logged on to someone else's account. Just stay away from download managers you never know what your installing on your system.

I have to agree with you, but only partly - not all of them are bad. Thats the same as saying that someone has had a virus attack via the internet so we shouldnt use the internet. Or someone had a car crash so we shouldn't drive cars. Exactly the same.Also, you oversually don't know the main reasons of a downlaod manager. Most can easily pause, resume, etc, Very useful for me. I got dialup, most downlaods I can just stop and resume, the large files i just run over night, and stop in the morning, so i can still surf the internet (800mb for dialup takes 44 hours at 5kb/s. ) Most of them split the dowanload into several parts, and the good ones (flashget...) search for other mirros, and downlaods the same file from different places. This puts minimal drain on the server and maximum download on the user.

Edited by Dregnought (see edit history)

I have 2 computers with which I leave in the Internet and one modem for them. (the second is connected through a network). On 1 (main) computer stands windows xp and on the 2 - windows 2000 (and IE 5 ). When I connected to the Internet from the second, I have found out higher speed of loading of pages, I am very much surprised in this occasion. I think, that IE 6 too load the channel, it is probable if to choose good browser, is possible to increase essentially speed

Dialup accelerators work in some sense but the way they work you might be dissapointed. For instance they consume alot of pc useage which can slow down your browser. The image compression reduces the quality greatly also if your downloading stuff like programs and music it will not be accelerated at all. Bottom line if your looking to surf faster and you have atleast a pentium 4 processor and 256 megs of ram and dont care about image quality use an accelerator otherwise an upgrade to broadband would be the only way.Dialup teak programs will only work if your dialup settings are set incorrectly for most people downloading these would be a complete waste of timeIf you want a noticeable diffrence in your connection speed ditch the dialup its the only way you are going to be happy

Edited by Hurricane (see edit history)

ahh dial up. back in the days... well it was fine back then actually. everyone catered for dial up. i never really used to care about its speed, i just left my pc on constantly downloading. it was pretty good back tehn. but u know, u can get broadband pretty cheap nowadays. i think it would be best if u just changed. but if its not available to you.. well, much bad luck i guess. dial up is slowly becoming extinct. i dont know a single person who uses dial up internet. i also did the kbps tweak when i had it. it did help, but downloads were usually still pretty slow. 5kb/s was pt fast when i was using dial up. not i'm on a 1500k adsl connection so i sore the net at 160kb/s.... and in about a month i'm switching to adsl2+ which is slowly becoing available in the suburbs. i think it runs at about 2.5MB/s. cant wiat till its available. ;]

all those BOOSTER type programs are the same they do not increses the connection speed all they do is change so values and setting to ones that should give you the best possible performance from the line you are using. Sometimes it will even set the connection to be slightly slow so that you will have a better connection more stable and reliable. There is no way to boost the speed of a dail up line it is 56k and that is it if you want to get faster connections you will have to upgrade your line to broadband connection. some of those programs do help give you a more stable / better connection but will not speed up your connection as that is determined by your line !!! you can do what the other person said with not loading images and stuff will make pages load quicker. But 56k is not the worst thing if you have a really good line. My line is running well and i will normally get about 6 or 7 k/s an my downloads which i can live with some guys with isdn 64k only get that as well so it is all good. The only other thing you can do if you have really bad connection speed is get your line provider to come check / reinstall the line that you use for the modem or even get them to install a seperate box that just the internet will use !

There are quite a few programs on the web that are said to make your internet connection faster, but this is ALL SCAM IMO, bacuse this is just not possible..you have the amount of bandwith you have and thats it! There is no way someone can change that using software..tweeking programs is another thing and making your pages load faster and stuff like that is possible by turning of image loading, using lots of offline(synchronization) cookies n' stuff like that...that is all you can do!

The faster (and more) a dialup connection is transferring, the more prone it is to data loss and corruption. Hence why a slower speed created a more 'even flow of data.' Reading what your saying, go just lower then your max limit, and you should get a better connection... True.
Modem Booster - it does work (well it did for me). Speed Connect also works well. Because of a more even flow of data, I actually do get more infomation, roughly 5-7mb more per hour.

if you cant get broadband you could alwasys get isdn, basically 2 dial up's in one.

You can always turn off images and HTML coding. I believe Firefox has extensions that will yet you do that. Any way you can make a low fi version of a site, do it. If you can, upgrade your modem or replace it with a new modem card. There are many ways to upgrade your speed, but remember, you can only go as fast as your modem line and service. If its not going as fast as you want to, change providers! :)

Dear,

Here are some unique ways to increase speed of your dial up:

1.Use browser's like opera or fire fox for they have tabbed browsing which enables you to veiw already loaded pages while the other page download in background. ;)

2.Always use caching the page, for opera go to tools->preferences->advanced->history->and maxmise the cache options. :D

3.After you follow my first two options for one month you just have to use this option:

for opera go to Veiw->images->cached images.This will help you increase speed of dial up to max while still enjoying previously viewed images. :lol:

4.You can always get two dial up connections to merge them up if you dont get the broad band.I will give you name of that merging software if you are interested in investing second dial up connection or invest in broadband. :D

5.Also very necessary update your window if it's your OS since windows have some mode which slows down internet speed. :rolleyes:

6.Last but not the least use mozila download accelerator for ftp downloads and use torrents as far as pssible for fastest possible download.(ex-bittorrents) :P

Ask me any querry on my tips if you have some confusion.

ENJOY ^^;

How to Merge internet connection?

Boost Up Dial Up Speed

I have two will phone net connections. These phones are given 115 kpbs speed only. But I want to merge two net connections for 230 kpbs. If it is possible. Please help me.

-question by Pavan Kumar

how i increase my dial up conection

Boost Up Dial Up Speed

I am using nokia 5300 mobile with a reliance gsm sim card as a service provider.Still I am using the mobile to brouse the internnet. I use the mobile as a modem . My connection speed is 921.6 kbps . Now I want to increse my uploading and downloadin speed. So please tell me that what I have to do increse to increse my speed. My cpu configuration is athlon processor 256mb ram, please help me to solve the problem.

-question by samrat goswami

increase internet speedBoost Up Dial Up Speed

dear,

pavan kumar if you want to increase the speed of your internet from 115kbps to 921 kbs you can try the following setting in your pc start - setting - network connections- your modem (in the dial up right click on it)-properties - configuration (under general)-increase the maximum speed from 115200 to 921600 -ok then connect the modem(mobile or telephone line)

-reply by shiva special