xisto Community
beeseven

Which Windows Vista Will You Get?

http://www.hiptechblog.com/2006/02/20/its-f-windows-vista

You only have eight to choose from: Windows Starter 2007, Windows Vista Home Basic, Windows Vista Home Basic N, Windows Vista Home Premium, Windows Vista Business, Windows Vista Business N, Windows Vista Enterprise, and Windows Vista Ultimate.

I pity those who end up with Windows Starter 2007:

This edition does not include the Aero graphical user interface, hence it?s not Vista-branded. And there?s no 64-bit edition, no networking, no Fast User Switching, no DVD Authoring, no gaming common controller support, and no image editing with enhanced touchup, and only three applications/windows are allowed to run simultaneously. Good only for really basic users with low budgets.

Actually that bolded part kind of sounds like windows now.

id have to say

Windows Vista Ultimate - This one is going to be the most expensive, most feature-packed, and perhaps the most pirated edition of Vista. It’ll include new and unique features such as Game Performance Tweaker, Podcast creation utility, online “Club” services and privileged product support. This edition will be perfect for Windows fanboys.

well one i have vist beta right now my dads on the msdn and he got it and is lettin me try it out cause im the adventurous one that dosnt need stability lol.. i reload windows evey couple weeks lol... always doing something to try and make it better and it stoves up so hes like meh here have this and i use it now its not much diffrent from xp... lol its got a nicer apearence but same functionality nothing really worth in it...

its got a kinda mac feel to it in a way just standard install you can pretty much do the same thigns with it but thats all i can tell you atm for its all i no...

Notice from KuBi:
Forgot the
tags. Please use them next time you copy something from another website. Warning Issued

You only have eight to choose from: Windows Starter 2007, Windows Vista Home Basic, Windows Vista Home Basic N, Windows Vista Home Premium, Windows Vista Business, Windows Vista Business N, Windows Vista Enterprise, and Windows Vista Ultimate.

I pity those who end up with Windows Starter 2007:Actually that bolded part kind of sounds like windows now.

Theyre actually limiting the amount of applications running to three? That is the most rediculous thing i've ever heard.

That is the biggest invitation to cracking the OS that i have seen, and no doubt it will be remarkably easy to do. If anyone pays for that piece of crap, they deserve to have their computers blown up.

I'd probably stick with Windows XP, but Microsoft will pull the plug on support and new software will supposedly be made for Vista only. Having 8 different versions of Windows is going just a little bit overboard really, as for most there was an obvious choice of either home or professional, but now it has just got ridiculous. Also, is there any indication of price yet?

I pity those who end up with Windows Starter 2007:Actually that bolded part kind of sounds like windows now.

That is EXTREMELY limited. Three applications:

Internet Explorer

Itunes (music)

Notepad for taking notes.

These are all very light applications, easy on the computer, and yet they would still be restricted. Still, I want to finally see Windows Vista, as they have kept pushing it back. Taking a look at the new Internet Explorer you can expect some changes in appearence and function, but will it just be a copy of the features found in pre-existing applications (mac os, linux) or something better?

After seeing all of this I am not going to get a single version of Windows Vista. It seems that Microsoft is trying harder and harder to make a lot more money off of a single operating system. With Windows XP having two editions that is fine but seven is getting way too greedy. I am going to stick with XP or switch to a different OS unless this is a rumor.

That is EXTREMELY limited. Three applications:Internet Explorer
Itunes (music)
Notepad for taking notes.
These are all very light applications, easy on the computer, and yet they would still be restricted. Still, I want to finally see Windows Vista, as they have kept pushing it back. Taking a look at the new Internet Explorer you can expect some changes in appearence and function, but will it just be a copy of the features found in pre-existing applications (mac os, linux) or something better?

There's a light version of Windows XP in Asian countries and I believe it has the limit of running 3 applications simultaneously. It also has a limit on the display resolution. It's cheaper than XP Home and was designed to prevent software piracy which is high in those areas.

When I buy Vista (which won't be untill at least one year after it has been released) I will probably buy Home Premium. Ultimate will have loads of features I'll never use, and it would be pointless for me to waste my money on it.

At first i thought it was weird having different versions of the new Windows Vista or are they going to change the name again? lol. I'm proabbly gonna go with the basic one. The ones that are like installed on all manufactured computers and i bet it will be the basic one. duhhh... obviously. lol I can't imagine having only three windows open. HOw can i be able to multitask when i can only tri-task stuff. That sucks..

i will get the most expensive version.. so.. for now.. it seems window vista ultimate is the most expensive.i tried the beta version and i really liked it.. the features and the new looks are really nice... Looks much fancier than mac. I wonder if window vista have a version for 64bits computer.

There are so many names! Windows XP only has 3, but now they come up with so many! I'll choose the Home one probably.

Actually, there are more than three:

-Windows XP Home Edition- XP Professional
-XP Tablet PC Edition
-XP Media Center Edition

And probably more in addition.

I probably would want Windows Vista Business. It's the most similar to XP Pro, which I use and could possibly support in a business environment. It has Aero, which I sort of like, and all the other mouth-watering features I would ever need. I would perfer it because I want more fine-grained control over my system (security, policies, and other stuff), whcih the lesser versions probably don't provide.

I always believe in the best.. So i believe if i get any other version other than Vista Ultimate i might just miss some new feature provided by Windows Vista.. and i dont want that to happen... I would really Go for Vista Ultimate