xisto Community
TheDarkLord

The Youngest Of The Family ... GRR ...

Seriously, the way its said on TV, you'd think that the biggest sibling has the suckiest life, while the youngest get's all the atention.

NO.

I mean, when you're the youngest, like me, you get blamed for everything. I swear, EVERYTHING.

And then when you're really young, you have to go fetch everything for everyone ... Get this, get that, pick that up, etc ...

Its so ANNOYING!

And you know what else, the Yoplait commercial. I mean, if you're not satisfied with their flavoured yougurt, get your money back.

I mean, is it such a hassle to just get like 2 bucks back for a pack of flavoured yougurt? Seriously ...

Oh yeah, and women look wierd playing Olympic hockey :: No offense to all you feminists!

Haha.. so many topics at the same time. XD

Generally, you should try to start a new thread for each different idea, but in the vent.. I guess it's alright to get a lot off your chest at once XD

Seriously, the way its said on TV, you'd think that the biggest sibling has the suckiest life, while the youngest get's all the atention.

NO.

I mean, when you're the youngest, like me, you get blamed for everything. I swear, EVERYTHING.

And then when you're really young, you have to go fetch everything for everyone ... Get this, get that, pick that up, etc ...Its so ANNOYING!

Ha.. I'm the oldest, and it's not that hard, but.. sometimes I think I'm an experiment. I'm the first one to do everything.. my parents watch how stuff works with me, then see if they want to do the same thing with my little siblings. Or at least, that was the idea... but we're all so different, they have to keep coming up with a new plan of attack for each one. Can't wait til my little sister starts to drive, haha XD

And you know what else, the Yoplait commercial. I mean, if you're not satisfied with their flavoured yougurt, get your money back.

I mean, is it such a hassle to just get like 2 bucks back for a pack of flavoured yougurt? Seriously ...

Hmm.. does this mean you tried to get your money back from them? I generally like their yogurt.. I bet they'd send you lots of coupons or something if you wrote them a letter to complain about it.

But if they have bad customer service, you should write a thread in the Trapinion section, to let us know how it went ^.~

Oh yeah, and women look wierd playing Olympic hockey :: No offense to all you feminists!

Haha.. what a complaint XD

I played rollar hockey when I was little.. but I guess I was a girl, not a woman.. and it was nowhere near the Olympic level.. so maybe I looked quite stylish ;p

I think that television tells the truth about the oldest getting the worst life because in my experience all of my friends say being the oldest is the worste, you can ask my parents the same thing. When you are the oldest you are responsible for your younger brothers and sisters. You are expected to act the best, clean up after your siblings, and get in more trouble than them for doing something. Being the youngest on the other hand is awsome. You get treated better by the parents. Get away with more its awsome. I personally think you are wrong.

Being the older child, I have to disagree. Being young means you are the baby and you get what you want while the older person is supposed to set an example for you to follow. If we both do something bad, the older child gets the bigger heat since, well, they are older. And also if parents screw up doing something to you, they will learn from that mistake for you.

Being the older child, I have to disagree. Being young means you are the baby and you get what you want while the older person is supposed to set an example for you to follow. If we both do something bad, the older child gets the bigger heat since, well, they are older. And also if parents screw up doing something to you, they will learn from that mistake for you.

Yes, but its also that the youngest is FORCED to get advice from the oldest, and the parent's don't rely on the younger one.

So really, you guys think youngest rocks, but mark my words, it doesnt. :huh:

i am the older brother and basicly i have to do everything. My sister never does anything. All she does is sit and watch tv and bother me and rip my homework when i turn off the TV. and get this i yell at my sister for ripping my homework and my parents say she doesn't understand and she is 8 years old . anyway i say being youngest is the best but slowly i am trying tto dump off all of my worries onto my sister like taking out tetrash dishes and lately she has been getting in trouble.

I guess this depends on the family. All I have to say, is that I'm the oldest, and I have it the same way as my younger brother and sister: tough and at the same time, easy.We're told a lot of times to do this, and do that, and pick this up. It's not just one. However, it does appear be a little more harsh on my brother (which is in the middle). It seems to me like all families are different about how things are for the oldest and youngest. Although I do have it hard sometimes when I have to watch my brother and/or sister.

NO.

And then when you're really young, you have to go fetch everything for everyone ... Get this, get that, pick that up, etc ...

Its so ANNOYING!

Lol, you've got a hard time asserting yourself, don't you? Don't we all, on second thought? No sweat, chum, you're still on the winning side.

Used to be the youngest among four and stayed so for the rest of my life. Tell you what? All you say is true, but it's a real gift you'll come to appreciate at some point in time. You can't believe the number of times I could easily overcome mindless bullyings of idiots simply out my experience of being the youngest. They do you a big favor, tell ya.

Cheers, all! :huh:

like a fe people have said in the posts here...being oldest is hard as well, the parents expect more of you, they expect responsability, they expect you to do things around the house while the littler ones have homework to do..and more...but your life sounds as bad as mine..lol i am the oldest and i am always being called into the other room to fill a glass of water which gets emptyed every 30 minutes its unbelivable their big glasses too! that is pretty much the only thing that ticks me off..but life is an itch with a capital B (put the b infront of the itch) and sometimes you just have to deal with it :-<

Obviously there are good points to both.Being the youngest (of only 2) I always got picked on. I was always the 'younger brother that wasnt cool enough to hang out'. Older brother beat me up often. He got better things before I was allowed to have them (BB guns, later bedtimes etc).. stuff like thatBut, of course, being the youngest I was more spoiled. My mom had more of an idea of what to do. I got away with everything and my brother got in trouble. I was "the baby" and thus was showed favortism (it's not right but it tends to be how things are).. etc etc.I'd say that being the younger or older isn't much better or worse than the other.However, being a middle I would imagine is worse.

I'm the oldest.. it is harder. There's a lot more pressure to do things right. There is also a lot of pressure carried over from that to my brother to do the same or better than me, but I don't think its as bad as what I get. The big thing, though, is the fact that he gets away with pretty much everything, and I never do. I've argued it with my parents before, but they don't see it.. its weird. Anyways, older is harder.. for me, at least.And as for the hockey.. well, girls can play hockey, too XP They've been doing better at it than the guys have, lately.. for Canada, anyways.

Obviously there are good points to both.
Being the youngest (of only 2) I always got picked on. I was always the 'younger brother that wasnt cool enough to hang out'. Older brother beat me up often. He got better things before I was allowed to have them (BB guns, later bedtimes etc).. stuff like that

But, of course, being the youngest I was more spoiled. My mom had more of an idea of what to do. I got away with everything and my brother got in trouble. I was "the baby" and thus was showed favortism (it's not right but it tends to be how things are).. etc etc.

I'd say that being the younger or older isn't much better or worse than the other.

However, being a middle I would imagine is worse.

I agree with that. I'm a younger sister and both me and my brother get certain benifits. Sometimes it's annoying when my parents don't get my brother in trouble for something because he's older and a guy but I also get more stuff than him. I don't have to do as many chores either. That's pretty cool.

Can I just say, being the oldest sucks. You get blamed for a lot of things, people favour the younger one because they're smaller/younger/whatever, and you have to have more responsibility. I think generally the older ones aren't so party animal-y, or at least with me it's like that. So my sister always goes out and then my mum gets stressed with ME even though it's not my fault :lol:

Replying to TheDarkLordI am the youngest in my family and I am 31 years old my sister is only 20 month apart from me. But when she turn 16 my mom force her to get her license but with me she did not? why is life unfair for second or youngest kids? were we asked to be born? no but they create us why can't they force us like the did with our sister or brother? -feedback by miss giants