xisto Community
mayank

Do You Hate Internet Explorer? Show Your Support! this is called FLING IE

Well, Jim If you include the code on multiple pages of a site the image will time out on each and every page after 20 seconds!

And, after the image times-out..your page will work normally..It wont interfere in between at all!

smoonie: try IE/Mac 5.0 some time

I think Microsoft has stopped the development of Internet explorer for MAC! I am not sure though!

Although I rarely use Internet Explorer, I still don't think that it's as bad as people say it is. I regularly use Mozilla Firefox and I'm completely satisfied with it, but don't think that it's exponentially better than Internet Explorer 6. Once IE7 comes out, I think that the gap will be bridged even closer if not all the way. And enough about the security holes. Every program out there has security exploits, but Internet Explorer has the highest rate as it has the highest market share and hackers devote more of their time developing security exploits for the program that has the greatest audience of users that they can reach. It's simple really, just as OSX is "hacker-proof" and Windows is "an invitation to hackers". Anyways, I think that some people are just over-reacting to Internet Explorer just because they listen to what some ignorant individuals have to say. If you don't like the browser, then just don't use it. Nobody is forcing you, and I know that as a fact because no one forces me.

Although I rarely use Internet Explorer, I still don't think that it's as bad as people say it is. I regularly use Mozilla Firefox and I'm completely satisfied with it, but don't think that it's exponentially better than Internet Explorer 6. Once IE7 comes out, I think that the gap will be bridged even closer if not all the way. And enough about the security holes. Every program out there has security exploits, but Internet Explorer has the highest rate as it has the highest market share and hackers devote more of their time developing security exploits for the program that has the greatest audience of users that they can reach. It's simple really, just as OSX is "hacker-proof" and Windows is "an invitation to hackers". Anyways, I think that some people are just over-reacting to Internet Explorer just because they listen to what some ignorant individuals have to say. If you don't like the browser, then just don't use it. Nobody is forcing you, and I know that as a fact because no one forces me.

Partly true, but it cannot be denied that Internet Explorer has had shockingly bad security. IE still has more holes than Mozilla, and as the latter is open-source, wouldn't it be easier to find vulnurabilities in it? Having said that, I've never had my system 'hacked' due to hackers exploiting a hole in Internet Explorer and I don't like the idea of people trying to get other people to ditch IE! To me, it's like being told how to think. Right now, Internet Explorer is a lot safer, and with tabbed browsing coming in (which wasn't a feature invented by Mozilla), I can see Internet Explorer gaining popularity.

Well, tt3 I really appreciate your way of thinking of starting a campagin to improve IE..but you see there is a problem and that is there is not an easy way to develop the extensions for IE and due to that lots of programmers dont find it easy to make internet explorer better.It is upto microsoft who will actually do something to make it better!

Sorry, that it is what I meant to say - I was suggesting that a campaign be started to get Microsoft to fix the problems you're all having with IE. As it has something like majority market share, it should at least be very near perfect!

wow it is like the battle of the web browsers. I really don't think the browser is that important to start a campain over it. Firefox hase been getting many downloads but once IE 7 comes out firefox will be out of biz. I think IE is original that is why it will stay plus most of the people don't bother going throught all this changes. Cmon how many of the people are into browsers so much to change to firefox and then chenge back to IE 7?

Wouldn't it be a better idea to start a campaign to improve Internet Explorer further?

Developers have been clamouring for years about changes that IE developers need to make to their product and as I pointed out earlier, there's probably a reason why their requests have fallen on deaf ears.

Conret, Mozilla is open source - it's not a business. And you've just contradicted yourself. You say cos IE is the original, most people will stick with it, but then you say:

Cmon how many of the people are into browsers so much to change to firefox and then chenge back to IE 7?

which means that all those who now have FF won't bother going back to IE7 when it comes out.
Mayank, MS has stopped support for IE Mac and now advises people to use Safari instead.

Many many years from now, Firefox will rule the browsing world, everyone should spread the word about Firefox, as this is the number one browser at the moment, it has everything Internet Explorer has and more. It has a much cleaner interface and isnt congested. Firefox will be number one in many many years to come.

Cmon how many of the people are into browsers so much to change to firefox and then chenge back to IE 7?

What if there was a new browser which was so much better in Firefox in all ways. Would you ditch firefox and switch?

I am not a big fan of internet explorer but in the mean time I don't see any reason for me to hate this browser. Long before firefox browser came out properly I had been using and it was of great help. In fact, more than 70% of internet users are still using the IE and one has to take care how these people are viewing my sites. So, I can't dumb this internet explorer at least for now. Of course, if one likes firefox doesn't mean they they have to hate other browsers. :(What I hate on Firefox browser is that if I leave the window (browser) open with some sites and I come back to use it will give error, this problem happens all the time whereas IE windows can be used. And thereafter it will ask me to send report. Unless I restart my system the firefox won't work... this I hope will be improved soon.

What I hate on Firefox browser is that if I leave the window (browser) open with some sites and I come back to use it will give error, this problem happens all the time whereas IE windows can be used. And thereafter it will ask me to send report. Unless I restart my system the firefox won't work... this I hope will be improved soon.

Has it occurred to you that it might be a fault with your PC? I don't ever have that problem.

I cant tell you yet if i will continue using firefox or change to IE7, i like everything in IE7, much more pretty that firefox but the real problem of it is that its stills on development and so i has several bugs but i think in the end i will use it more frequently than firefox.

Yes I hate it the most. it is a crap in modern context. I instead use opera and firefox browsers. I prefer to use Opera because it gives a complete internet experience, as they claim. Notes, POP-Mail (having direct configuration script for Gmail), searchable history, tabbed browsing, user panel, sidebar, download manager, contact and bookmark manager with awesome simplicity, can you get all these in internet explorer? Not at all we all should dump it in Atlantic or at redmond.

one thing IE7 definitely will not beat firefox is on the plug-ins.In FF anyone who want to make an add-on to it can later added to FF site so it can be download by anyone, how could you do that o microsoft productS? i have other browser that is am browser(http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/) that is based on IE but with more features, check it if you want :)

I realy hate this browser. the speed is so low and most of the time it hangs up. i instead use opera which sppeds up surfing with dial-up connection and has so many other feature such as continuing old surfing. It is a long time that we haven't seen any dramatic change in IE except some security fixes. but i should say that it full supports different internet protocols in which Opera has some bugs and errors. If it experiences some improvements in surfing speed i would return back to it.

many ofmy firends have asked me, why do you use firefox it is soo gay, i ssimply give them a little list of why i use it lol

It is easy to use and navigate

It has constantly updated security protection

I never get any pop-ups with it and there is no pop-up blocker i installed

There are no hidden features where you have to hit blah+blah+blah to do somthing, it is all listed out

It is just awsome!!!

and with that i have persuaded a few of my friends to switch over to firefox the rest still love Ie which is totaly gay, but anyways, i think that windows should pay Mozilla to use their browser as their default browser on instal instead of Internet explore..

BTW, the link does not work

well..... internet explore is still mainly used by many people today. .So many things are compatible with internet explore, but ever since firefox gets more popular, alot of things are now programed to be compatible with it.I like using opera the best because it saves all the last page you were on so yo ucould come back later and continue your work. Only if things are more compatible with opera.. because sometime i have to switch over to firefox or internet explore to get a page to load correctly.Well, maybe the newest version of internet explore, internet explore 7.0 will be better and not so many security flaws. And of course.. they are having tabs windows now.. so you won't have so many things open... BUT FOR NOW.. i'm all with you guys. .INTERNET EXPLORE SUCKS!!!!!!