xisto Community
beeseven

Can You Swim Faster In Syrup Or Water?

Fact is that you swim just as fast in syrup as in water. Because syrup has more viscosity you will be able to push yourself forward more than in water, but in water you will have less friction.I saw this on a tv quiz a while ago. There were some other interesting facts too. Which I unfortunately forgot about...

Edited by Lightning73 (see edit history)

LOLOLOL, this topic reminds me of the one we got started on another time about the study they did as to why pregnaunt women don't tip over! Why on earth would somebody even care as to which you could swim faster in? I mean, who is going to want to swim in syurp and under what circumstances would one get the oppertunity to do such a thing? I suspect the reason behind such sillyness it to get grants from the government to study such balderdash.

Practically if we see, more vicious the liquid is harder is to swim. So among water and syrup, it will be syrup in which you will find hard to swim. And as far as experiments are considered, they are academic and I think there must be some very complex aspects in the calculations which are giving the results which scientists are talking about.

what a topic huh? 1st off I want to know this, who in there right mind would want to go swimming in syrup? anyone can figure out with there brain that swimming in water would be faster. syrup being the thicker of the 2. Question should be can you swim faster in fresh water or salt water. that is more realalistic than someone taking a swim in syrup.

u can swim on syrup faster coz..........its having greater upthryst since its density is greater than waterso try it out and plz tell me also the answer.......