xisto Community
delivi

Gmail For Domains New GMail Service

well, find answers related to gmail for domains over here : Review of Gmail for domains

Well, this is my site only and today I got the invitation of Gmail For Domains and I signed up for it and I've written the review and uploaded the screenshots of it. The service itself is good but the only problem is that it doesnt have increasing space :) it is fixed at 2 GB per email of your domain.

Yah this is a great idea. No i dont have to use my own space on my site here on Trap 17. I can keep the space for newer and better things.

Since someone 'revived' this topic I feel it's safe to post.The whole thing behind the Gmail for Domains program is that you change the MX (mail exchanger) records on your domain to point to google's servers. Thus, all emails sent to an account on your domain (which you set up through the Gmail for Domains site) will go to Google's servers, not to the Xisto servers and then the google servers as forwarding would do.I signed up for the service, and you can do basically everyting a normal Gmail account can do, except for sign on to Google Talk.

Edited by michaelper22 (see edit history)

This is another good alternative for small businesses who do not have hosting or a website. They can offer a powerful email service for thier size for the cost of getting a domain. I'm going to sign up and try it out.

This is another good alternative for small businesses who do not have hosting or a website. They can offer a powerful email service for thier size for the cost of getting a domain. I'm going to sign up and try it out.

Very true, this seems like an excellent service... and one to keep in mind as a web designer. :)
Congrats on the find!

This is a great service! For all of you guys who dont have it and want an email with your name on it you should for sure get this. It's just like GMail, chat and all now. In the Admin page you can add people very easy and it gives you temporary passwords to give your users. Right now though the free service only allows 25 users. For me that is plenty because i only use about 4 emails. If you guys want to know how to get this service running just go to: https://www.google.com/hosted/ and follow the instructions. If any of you need any help feel free to PM me!