xisto Community
Iriacynthe

Something You Haven't Told Anyone

I took this idea from another forum, and I thought it would be interesting to see the types of responses made here at Xisto.The purpose of this post is to tell the community something that you haven't ever told anyone...it can be something you've done, a secret, something just haven't really gotten around to sharing with anyone, fears, etc. Let's keep it clean and respect others' experiences.Something I haven't ever told anyone: I have synesthesia; that's where the senses get mixed up, and certain smells, sounds, tastes, and memories bring about other memories, smells, sounds, tastes, etc. For example, when I listen to music, each note or chord has a certain color. When I write, it is the same with words; each word, section, or phrase has a different color or color combination. When I write, it is like painting a picture...sorta. Everything has to be the right color...it has to sound right, look right, and feel right. Feel free to ask questions.Another thing absolutely no one knows about me is I have recurring dreams with missile sirens in them...and whenever I hear something that resembles a missile siren, it brings about bad feelings and memories.This really can be a cool discussion thread...

Hey I hadn't heard about synesthesia before. Does it mean then that you also hae perfect ear (by music definition, which is...you can tell exactly when you listen to music, what notes and chords they are....because you see colour in them?)Sorry I asked about this because I enjoy music a lot. :huh: If you don't wanna answer, it's ok.Something I haven't told anyone, I guess nothing. There's always one person who is always there for me to say what I feel and what I think. There's never a secret with him.

Something I don't tell people is that my accent isn't actually an accent. I usualy just lie because it's too long and hard to explain that I had my umbilical cord wrap around my throat when I was being born and my vocal cords are damaged deforming my speach slighly. The problem dosen't help explain it either, but since I immigrated from Poland to US most people assume a accent and it's convenient. So not only am I guilty of keeping secrets, I'm guilty of lieing :huh: . Thank god for computers, no problems communicating through them ;) . Another secret I've told noone at all is that I have dreams which sometimes recreate the events of the past day with some slight differences(maybe my brain running scenarios) and I get confused if what actually happened was from my dream or actual memories, I usualy have to carefully analyse it for dream-like mistakes.And my last secret which I hope never gets out. Many years ago in 6th grade middle school a girl asked me out, I was so shocked and still shy that I actualy said NO. I regret it so much, and if this ever got out to my friends, I'd have a lifetime of jokes to deal with.I think you had a great idea with this topic, It would be interesting to read other people's hidden secrets, so hopefully some more members post.

Ah, interesting thread, SM. :huh:Something I have not told anyone is actually something pretty straightforward... I want to learn a martial art. Technically, I *have* proposed the idea to a few people, but most of them either almost died of laughing or looked at me like they've just had a close encounter with the third kind. I'm not a very physically active person (I mean, I don't frequent gyms, I'm not a health/fitness freak, I don't exercise too often, and so on...), so - umm... the idea is generally not well-recieved. I don't intend to learn a martial art because I want to fight the world or because of any similar sentiment, it's more about how it helps skills of concentration and tolerance, the two things I lack miserably ;)I have a lot of bad (read: embarassing) dreams too, but we'll not go there, it's just terribly funny ;)Cheers!

Something I don't tell people is that my accent isn't actually an accent. I usualy just lie because it's too long and hard to explain that I had my umbilical cord wrap around my throat when I was being born and my vocal cords are damaged deforming my speach slighly. The problem dosen't help explain it either, but since I immigrated from Poland to US most people assume a accent and it's convenient. So not only am I guilty of keeping secrets, I'm guilty of lieing :lol: . Thank god for computers, no problems communicating through them :P .
Another secret I've told noone at all is that I have dreams which sometimes recreate the events of the past day with some slight differences(maybe my brain running scenarios) and I get confused if what actually happened was from my dream or actual memories, I usualy have to carefully analyse it for dream-like mistakes.

And my last secret which I hope never gets out. Many years ago in 6th grade middle school a girl asked me out, I was so shocked and still shy that I actualy said NO. I regret it so much, and if this ever got out to my friends, I'd have a lifetime of jokes to deal with.

I think you had a great idea with this topic, It would be interesting to read other people's hidden secrets, so hopefully some more members post.

That's really interesting, I've never heard of anything like that.

ive never told people allot of things, lol i havent told people in my accual life that i am absoloutly obsessed with Harry Potter, star wars, and lord of the rings, unless i know they will accept me for who i am or if they are as well..ive also never told them that my dreams have acculy come true in my life..they'd just be to stupid and act hecka wierd...but its true...they have.the other day i had a dream my dad was going to call and ask me to wash his car when he gets home..20 minutes late im awake and on Xisto...he calls and asks me to wash his car..creepy ..but theres more but im not about to say it on the forums or anywhere for that matter....my life is a bottle waiting to explode with secrets in it

when nobody is around, i like to pick my nose and roll what i pick around in my fingers til i'm able to flick them on the floor. i don't tell anyone about this because i like them to find out for themselves when they walk around the floor barefootalso, when i'm driving on the road and a driver annoys me and stops in front of me at a stop light or stop sign, i like to tap their bumper. light enough not to cause any damage but hard enough where they have to get out of their car and look at their bumper....close enough to me where i can roll down my window to say, "i'm sorry, it was an accident" while thinking to myself "what an idiot!". although i don't recomend anyone doing it twice to the same car within a 2 minute period. he didn't believe me the second time. i don't tell people about this because i would assume they'd look at me funny thinking i need my license taken away.now although i did only tell this to one person, i had a dream that i was shopping in a grocery store naked. i still don't know what that meant.ok- that's 3....that's enough for now....

Haha, this thread reminds me of Postsecret.. :B

I can't say I really have any.. well.. secret things that are my own. I tend to say lots of everything that comes to my head.. so it doesn't work well ^^;

And Seer.. that is interesting o.o I wanna hear a voice recording, now XD

Ah, interesting thread, SM. :(
Something I have not told anyone is actually something pretty straightforward... I want to learn a martial art. Technically, I *have* proposed the idea to a few people, but most of them either almost died of laughing or looked at me like they've just had a close encounter with the third kind. I'm not a very physically active person (I mean, I don't frequent gyms, I'm not a health/fitness freak, I don't exercise too often, and so on...), so - umm... the idea is generally not well-recieved. I don't intend to learn a martial art because I want to fight the world or because of any similar sentiment, it's more about how it helps skills of concentration and tolerance, the two things I lack miserably :(

I have a lot of bad (read: embarassing) dreams too, but we'll not go there, it's just terribly funny :(

Cheers!

i would encourage ya to look in to taking a martial art. helps you in real life. build discipline as tolerance and concentration is included in that. also, helps keep ya in shape which doen't hurt either. a word of advice though if you do decide tobe bruce lee....try not to get your **bottom** kicked when your sparing :(

Do you know what you need?Some Underground Hip-Hop music. You need to just screw them over and don't even pay attention to them. Negativity isn't the key here. You go out there and do what you believe in and not let anything or anyone stop you because you can do much better than them. YOu just gotta learn stuff all the time that may come in handy. Maybe not school stuff in particualar but for sure learn something that you will be proud of. I'm saying this as a Hip-Hoppa. People make fun of me when I rap or freestyle or say I don't got the voice. I do what I want to do, not what other think of you. So go do and with those ku fu of yours you can put the beat down on them.

Do you know what you need?Some Underground Hip-Hop music. You need to just screw them over and don't even pay attention to them. Negativity isn't the key here. You go out there and do what you believe in and not let anything or anyone stop you because you can do much better than them. YOu just gotta learn stuff all the time that may come in handy. Maybe not school stuff in particualar but for sure learn something that you will be proud of. I'm saying this as a Hip-Hoppa. People make fun of me when I rap or freestyle or say I don't got the voice. I do what I want to do, not what other think of you. So go do and with those ku fu of yours you can put the beat down on them.

it's a little off topic but i have to agree 100% life is meant to live by how you know how to live not by how others want you to live or feel you should live society sucks and dictates that everyone should be a follower and not an individual. so when we don't follow, we are laughed at. SO WHAT. you're doing what you enjoy or doing whatever you can to improve your own self as an individual that is YOU. nobody can ever take that away from you....but when you let society or peer pressure dictate, you lose yourself and will never be happy

i like to fart in my sleep and not NOBODY is gonna tell me i can't do that!

i have never heard of synesthesia before and i read about loads of things similar..erm something i havent told anyone.. i collect stamps, labels and tags.. i dunno why its like i want to do a mixture of things when i am older like own businesses, have a couple high quality clothes shops, etc and its liek im starting now like research about graphics etc i dunno it sounds silly to me

Heh heh, one thing I haven?t told anyone was that I had a mild electrocution when I was young. I was playing with one of those black binder clips when I was around 5 or 6 and for some strange reason, I put it onto the end of a electrical plug and then plugged it into the socket, you can guess what happened next. Well, unfortunately for me, the binder clip was touching my hand and it seemed that the whole thing exploded into sparks, the socket was darkened a little bit. Well, I basically walked around like a drunkard for half an hour or so, my vision was fuzzy and my body felt tingly. That could explain why I?m so stupid now, loss of brain cells or something. Well, that?s my ?thing I haven?t told anyone?. It actually has been quite entertaining to read some of these, I hope you find mine the same.

Something I haven't ever told anyone: I have synesthesia; that's where the senses get mixed up, and certain smells, sounds, tastes, and memories bring about other memories, smells, sounds, tastes, etc. For example, when I listen to music, each note or chord has a certain color. When I write, it is the same with words; each word, section, or phrase has a different color or color combination. When I write, it is like painting a picture...sorta. Everything has to be the right color...it has to sound right, look right, and feel right. Feel free to ask questions.

I have something like that. Does it count if letters have colors? Sometimes when I make character names they have to be certain colors or I wont use them, lol
One thing that is sort of a secret is that I think I found a plan to make $1 million dollars! I don't want to tell anyone because I know people will laugh at me because they think the idea wont work. But then look what happened to the pixel guy :blink: