xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
WDSnav

Make All Forums Have Post Count

I think all the forums on here should have post count because like in entertainment why is there no post count???whats wrong with talking about movies and stuff? I find it sometimes hard to think up something to post on the current forums and I want to be able to get credit for the forums that I can think of stuff to put on. Who else thinks we should have post count on everything?

Because if in the entertianment center had post count it'd be a cheap way of gaining credits. It's so easy to post there because you can post about anything. If you can't think of a place to post, why not just make your own topic?

Well I personally think the Creativity Forum should have a post count. On the other hand I do see the point about people gaining creidts way too fast. You don't want people just saying "Great work, bla bla bla" and not giving you a half way deacent review, just because they want the creidts.

Who else thinks we should have post count on everything?

Me.

I never saw the point in giving credits for talking about computers, websites or videogames and not for talking about movies or music. Not everybody with a website must be a computer nerd. And nobody´s gonna get a large amount of credits just by saying "congratulations" and "good job". The credit systems works well and incentivate people not to make one liners.

I think that you should only get credit for 2 replies to someone elses topic and four replies to your own topic.there is alot of that nice site then 4 replies later I like the border then 2 replies later the banner is kida bland..people shouldnt be rewarded for bumping topics basically.making the word limit affect the point system would probably be a better way of doing this.

It's not that easy to give somone a neat hosting plan with no ads on it, so it shouldn't be so easy that in one day you can ask for hostingthe Basic idea of this is to settel in with a crowd that you respect and respects you, and get somthing nice outta itpeople who come just for the hosting deal in my opinion are idiots

I think its a great Idea the way trap has set it up. they make you post relevant content (#1 thing you need for SEO) and then provide you w/ sites that most of us link back to them (#2 in SEO) and the comminity gets lots of hits not really sure but I bet they get a couple thousand a day. that makes googleadsense put top ads on thier site that payout more. its a win win situation they get advertising cash and we get great hhosting just for expressing our opinions. to give credits for "garbage posts" doesn't seem to help anyone so I think they have it set up pretty good.

I personally dont mind it the way it is, the credit system is a fair way of doing things. It discourages the one liner posts of "LOL", "good work" and so on. However, while other type of boards such as "Forum Games" may get the forum active, unfortunately.. that encourages short few word posts like "cat, dog" or a few words in a short sentence.

I think that you should only get credit for 2 replies to someone elses topic and four replies to your own topic.there is alot of that nice site then 4 replies later I like the border then 2 replies later the banner is kida bland..
people shouldnt be rewarded for bumping topics basically.
making the word limit affect the point system would probably be a better way of doing this.

You are only credited with the number of words you write...actually the number of characters. You only get creditted for the posts you make, not any posts below you or anything. Why would you do that because it isn't something you did.

As for thinking of something to post... There is a news section where you can post any news on so just go to https://www.yahoo.com/news/?ref=gs find something cool and summarize it. Or you can search for some type of technology and show it off to everyone in the Technology section, or find something that not many people no about in the What is? section or even think of something that makes you mad and post about it in the vent. There really is a lot you can do you just have to try or think hard in order to do it.
Edited by Plenoptic (see edit history)