xisto Community
rvalkass

Msn Hotmail Cant Exactly Do Emails

I have a myriad of different email accounts from various providers, most of them free. Now I have firmly decided that MSN Hotmail is the worst of the lot. Not only is the layout awful and mindbogglingly unintuitive but it now actually fails to send emails! Now, is it just me or is the main purpose of an email account to send email??? What makes this even worse is that Microsoft has continually denied that there is a problem, even though thousands of people have told them.

I presumed that, as MSN said nothing, it was only a temporary problem and that everything would be working again soon. Unfortunatly, this is Microsoft, so it never really worked right in the firts place. I have been supposedly sending emails for months, and I have got no messages to say they haven't been delivered. However, when I ask people if they received them, nothing got through. This has happened hundreds of times to me alone.

Due to the fact that this email service can't actually deal with emails I have decided it is the worst I have ever dealt with. Anyone else had this problem or agree with me?

Now I wouldn't call it the worst, but I'd call it something that is lagging behind other solid email services. I only ever got an msn email account because you had to to use MSN Explorer- that really cool facelift of internet explorer they had for a while. Not sure if it is still around.But yeah, its loaded up with mailing lists and "Today at MSN" nonsense that I don't care about, it's hard to deal with when there are so many beter alternatives.

I also hate Hotmail and for some odd reason everyone I know talks about how great it is. I signed up for an account awile ago and it was far from being a good e-mail provider. The first thing that I do not like about it is those ad taglines that get sent out with your message. Secondly, they start out by giving you very little space by todays standard (I think its 25mb or something like that). If you live in the United States you can get up to 250mb, which is far behind the 1gb that even Yahoo offers. The ads in your inbox are really annoying. They really need to improve it a lot to be able to compete with other providers.

One word: Gmail. If thats even a word.Hotmail lost my interest the second I tried gmail, mostly because of the ads. I hate ads, and hotmail has an awful lot of them, mostly in the form of popups, making it even worse. It refuses to work on school computers, and it has less memory and never picks up spam. It just.. bothers me. I don't think I ever really liked hotmail, but I never knew what else to use, so I stuck with it. Meh.. gmail solved any problem I had with email :\

As I said, I have loads of email accounts, including GMail, and I only use Hotmail for MSN and the odd email, however this is now impossible! GMail is a lot better that Hotmail, it's more reliable and faster to load. Oh, and Alfred, MSN Explorer is still around, but I think even Microsoft has abandoned it now.

I would have to agree that hotmail is quite possibly the worst. When you send emails to people with AOL accounts it sometimes takes up to 24 hours to go through. I once sent an email on a Friday to my friend and on Sunday morning she called me and said that she just got my email. It's seriously lagging and i would not recommend it. I would definitely recommend getting an account at GMAIL.com if you want a service you can depend on. I would even recommend yahoo over hotmail.

Hotmail really is the worst, on my pc 90% when I try to open it, it refuses.The ads really slow things down and even automaticly reboots my pc o_OIt reports almoost everything as spam, I have to check out my spam everyday to see what is in there and put it back as non-spam.I rather use gmail... Lots of space and can be used for email-clients, unlike hotmail :rolleyes:

I've had the same Hotmail account since I was 15 (6 1/2 yrs). I've seen many of it's different design phases. Honestly, I've never liked it. The only reason I have a hotmail account still is because I use it for MSN Messenger. Otherwise I use my gmail or my pop e-mail accounts. Hotmail is just as buggy as every other Microsoft product.

I was with hotmail for a long time, but only cause i didn't know what else was around and everyone else had it. That was back in Hotmail's 2MB days though :rolleyes:One of my friends invited me to Gmail though, and it's absoultely brilliant. I mean, even just the fact that you can search for emails... "Where is my Battle.net forgotten password email?" hotmail: trawl through hundreds of emails, looking for one link. Gmail: "search: Battle.net" search took 0.17 seconds. Oh yeah!And the 2.something GB of space, and the reasonably good spam filtering are pluses.I wouldn't say hotmail are the worst (check out myownemail.com) but they are far from the best.

I bet if it weren't for Gmail, we'd still be seeing 2mb email accounts at Hotmail. Hotmail is kind of rediculous. But, if you use Firefox, and are stuck with Hotmail for whatever reason, there is a solution.You can go to Mozdev.org and get the Firefox extention called "Remove it Permanently" or RIP (what a cool acronym). It enables you to right click, and choose to remove any part of any web page! This is great for advertisements. If you right click, a little blinking rectangle will surround the thing you are about to remove on the page, then you can choose to remove it. Sounds complicated but it is just as easy as copying and pasting. Then, every time you come back to that page, the ad (or whatever else you choose to remove) will be gone. I think its a useful utility that helps with things like Hotmail, again, in case you are stuck with it for MSN messenger or whatever other reason. If you want something back, you can undo it, or go to a menu that shows everything you've blocked from the page and restore it.I bet Microsoft would put up more ads, or offer less space, if it could get away with it, but thankfully Gmail has put pressure on them to be less crappy, and to come out with a more solid search offering than the cluttered mess they had before.But there are lots of good alternatives, besides even Gmail. Par exemple (I know I know that's totally wrong)- Hriders.com (one terrabyte, and they don't care if you use it for storage), Mailnation.net (one terrabyte, they DO care, 10mb attatchment limit), 30gigs.com (that's right, and a good email system too). There's got to be other cools ones as well. So yeah. I used to use MSN, but the GMail/30gigs/Mailnation and Remove It Permanently realm is where I found myself. :rolleyes:

Haha... I never really used Hotmail that much. Everyone else here had Yahoo! in their eyes. Not really the best, but it's better than Hotmail, that's for sure. In fact, I hardly used Hotmail, that my account expired on me countless times, and I have no reason to bring it back again. I'm currently sticking to my Gmail, which is good enough for me, and my Yahoo! public email address. I use my Gmail for work and personal conversations, and my Yahoo! for my site and other misc. things that require my email address. I only use my Yahoo! as a decoy, cause I don't really care if it gets spammed. Hotmail? Blegh...

BACK in the Internet Ice age hotmail was a good service but, but comparing it to gmail now,hotmail seems to be the last choice email service,it Gui is slow and outdated and its lacks the features that the great Gmail has, i beleive that the only reason people still use it,is because of MSN messenger, if you want a great email service i strongly reccomend Gmail or Yahoo, I would never in a lifetime use Hotmail as my main Email Service cuz it totall sucks.

Haha.. back in the day, I used Hotmail, because I was a newb and didnt know any better ^^Then I found Gmail, and kept my Hotmail account around to use for places that required me to register, so they could send the spam there.Now, however, I dont even want to send my spam to Hotmail.. I feel bad for the poor spam messages, haha.Oh well.. Hotmail tries.. well, no, actually they dont. XD;

Oh yea, Hotmail = evil... I used to like it... it seemed decent enough, until, I had to send and receive emails where things were time sensitive, and I wasn't getting things at a reasonable speed anymore. I was getting things sometimes days after they were sent.Then, about two weeks ago, I got a message in my email, that was from December... that was the kicker. A month and a half later! No more Hotmail for me. Gmail is my new provider.