xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
msdeeva

Question: Is Trap17 Wap-enabled?

This is a question for anyone to answer: Does anyone know if it's possible to post on Xisto's forum using a WAP enable cell phone? That would be really convenient if you can. If not, does anyone know if Xisto will be configuring this forum for WAP in the future?Thanks in advance.

im sure this wont help much, but i have not read anywhere about it being or not being...i dont exactly know what your talking about, but maybe you could just try what ever it is >_< and see if it works

im sure this wont help much, but i have not read anywhere about it being or not being...i dont exactly know what your talking about, but maybe you could just try what ever it is >_< and see if it works

I have absolutely no clue - but would guess that Xisto isn't WAP enabled. I suppose you could try it, but good luck. Try using the Lo-fi version of the forum - there's a link at the bottom of the page.

as far as I know and I have done you can get on this site with a cell phone mind you you won't be able to see everything. but I do believe IPB is WAP compatible.

That would be pretty nice if it did. When I go on trips in the car or something I can just whip out my cell phone and talk on trap, if only it didn't cost much money to use the internet. Might have a bit more users on Xisto if it is but I guess you already would.

I think it's a good idea for Xisto forums be available on Wap. Cases when members are out of their houses or without computers for the wholeday or even overnight elsewhere is unable to join the forum community and earn hosting credits.There were times when I would really appreciate if Xisto is wap accessible. Once I was in a camp for 3 nights and all consecutive 3 days I didn't have the chance to touch a computer. Another time was when I was in my friend's house to do a project until wee hours that I had to stay at his house overnight. He didn't have a computer a home, hence it was another day I missed posting in Xisto forums. I understand new users need of hosting credits as they've got none for a start and try hard to post as much as they could for some credits. Missing a day or two can be pretty critical especially when their credit banks are pretty low. Having the forums accessible through wap can solve this problem and make forum access possible while on the move.Good suggestion though. I really support this idea. Probably the administrators may consider.

You can try the Low-Fi version its somewhere at the bottom of the page, and thats a good question, is there a way you can intergrate your BB's to be WAP enabled, like a scrip or mod you can upload? If anyone knows or has some links pleas PM me. Ty

no staff is running a wap site and it could be done in the future but I highly doubt it.

Well, I guess it could be a good thing however it's not that necessary... Because you can get more credits before you leave your home and use it later and you can also buy credits for a small price if you don't have time to obtain enough posts for a big trip... However, you should do a huge camp for not being able to use a computer for a long long time =D...

There would be an amazing issue with having a wap website for Xisto though. Imagine us typing a long post, it would practically take ages to do that. For me typing a 160 character sms takes about 30 seconds or so. Imagine a 4000 character post? With a mobile, we tend to reply in lesser number of words and sometimes even 1 liners. That certainly doesn't go with our policy now does it? Perhaps Xisto can implement a different way for a user to accumulate credits through a mobile because for a person to get just 1 credit in a post, it is going to take a lot of effort.