xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
x2crazy4shadyx

Avg Free Great!

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

AVG Free for Windows is a free anti-virus protection tool developed by Grisoft for home use. We invite you to join the millions of satisfied customers worldwide who have downloaded the software and now enjoy the benefits of AVG Free for Windows.

Some of the highlights of AVG Free for Windows include:

Rapid virus database updates for the lifetime of the product

Easy of use

No system slow down

Automatic update functionality

The AVG Resident Shield, which provides real-time protection as files are opened and programs are run

The AVG E-mail Scanner, which protects your e-mail

The AVG On-Demand Scanner, which allows you to perform scheduled and manual tests

The AVG Virus Vault for safe isolation and handling of infected files

And most of all ... great customer satisfaction!

AVG Free for Windows is NOT authorized or intended for:

Business or commercial use (including testing and evaluation)

Non-profit Organizations

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
When copying from another article, you must use QUOTE tag. Do not copy and paste.

I just downloaded it and it already detected three trojans I KNEW I had them.. but couldn't delete them... hopefully it will detect most of the viruses etc on my pc because it's starting to disconnect my internet... which is BAD news to me@Awesome that it's free. I hope it stays free and I hope it'll be still usable in years to come... this is the third virus detecter thingy I have installed on my computer.. basically running at the same time...

Of all the Antivirus softwares that I've so far come accross AVG consumes less resources and it dosent create problems that we would usually face with other Antivirus like crashing. AVG has a small foot mark and requires less processing power and memory to run.Even when the control center is shutdown, AVG will alert us about any intruding virus.

AVG can be considered as one of the best free anti-virus programs. I've used them and find it great. It does not hog memory like Norton products and it scans pretty fast.

There are alternative free antivirus products as well.. Check them out on this thread..
http://forums.xisto.com/topic/34146-free-security-software-list-antivirus-firewall-antispyware-gather-and-make-a-list-of-free-security-software-here/

Well It looks like I am going to agree with most of the people who have replied to this topic. Indeed AVG Free Edition is a very good anti-virus program. I don't really have any experience with Norton (just what I know from others, which ain't all that positive) anyway AVG definately gets the job done, a great antivirus definately recommended. Of course Anti-virus is just the start you should also have a good Firewall and Anti-Spyware scanner, for which I would Recommend Agnitum Outpost Firewall, and either PC tools Spyware Doctor or Microsoft Windows Defender, all of which have kept my PC pretty well protected. Well they made it stop restarting randomly which is always a good thing. So yeah AVG is definately the best free Anti-Virus software available and indeed one of the best overall.

Then waht is the differance between the pro edition and the free. IF as long as you get all the updates, then your fine.

According to their website - http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ :

- Free, 24/7 e-mail access to Grisoft's technical support, with expert consultation and rapid response

- Access to reliable worldwide Akamai high-speed server networks for downloading update files

- Support of multiple languages - English, German, Czech, Slovak, French, Brazilian Portuguese, Polish and Serbian are supported at the present time. Additional languages are under development such as Latin-American Spanish, Italian, Dutch, and Hungarian.

- Options for configuring multiple program and test settings (many more configuration options can be adjusted according to user needs and preferences)

- The ability to create user-defined tests and schedules
- Option to define directories that will be excluded from the resident shield protection

I have been using AVG: Free version forever now and I love it. It detects practically everything, although I keep my computer fairly clean so there's really not much to detect nowadays, but way back in the day I used to have loads and loads of them :(. For a free version that rivals the best out there (panda, norton, kaspersky) you really can't turn it down... Love it!

AVG is the best free Anti-Virus program, but free is free. I have that free one downloaded & it detected Viruses that Norton didn't, this happens sometimes ago when I installed both the anti-viruses in one system and I had asked the members opinion on this if this is a good move. Everyone disagreed though. They advised me to just use one anti-virus at a time.But its just uncomparable with the free tag it comes with! But somehow it couldn't detect some virus and my computer got infected with virus. I had to install the windows newly. But yes, it is still the best among FREE ones.

I have used AVG Free in the past and I was very pleased with it. At one point I was running two anti viruses at once because I got AVG Free and forgot to uninstall my old one. I opened a file that I had downloaded and AVG said that it had a virus and would not let me open it. The other antivirus did nothing. If you are looking for great free software to protect your computer this is a very good choice.

Well, I have used it now for tree monther, and I recommend it. Avg Scanning Capabilities are excellent. Also the Updates it works wery good with me every time I need. So the viruses it doesnt get more new, when the database it gets old. U know what I mean. Well, if you need free good antivirus use AVG!!!!111 Glory for the freeware.My self I use now norton antivirus, but thats because I run some little homeserver on my computer, and I need the best knowledge. For basic user, is avg the best.

I'd have to echo most sentiments and agree that it's one of the best free Anti Virus programs around. Regular updates, upgrades to the program, and detects viruses that the paid version of Nortons wont detect. It would be a good compilation with any spyware program IMO. :angry:

Hmm...
Well, the best free antivirus protection tool is Avast 4! Home Edition. Request free registration for virus database update. Almost detect all viruses, providing tools for protecting privacy, web filters, and Avast Virus Vault for safe handling of infected files, your may sending suspision files to Avast for analizing, and much more...

DOWNLOAD LINK:

https://www.avast.com/index