xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
x2crazy4shadyx

Avg Free Great!

Grisoft

Grisoft

AVG Free Edition is the well-known antivirus protection tool. AVG Free is available free of charge to home users for the life of the product. Rapid virus database updates are available for the lifetime of the product, thereby providing the high level of detection capability that millions of users around the world trust to protect their computers. AVG Free is easy to use and will not slow your system down (low system resource requirements). Highlights include automatic update functionality, the AVG Resident Shield, which provides real-time protection as files are opened and programs are run, free Virus Database Updates for the lifetime of the product, and AVG Virus Vault for safe handling of infected files.

DOWNLOAD LINK

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

It is indeed a very good anti-virus software. I have been using avg for more than a year now. I like it a lot, way more than when I had norton or mcaffee. It isn't a cpu hog and has many nice features. One feature I like the most is heuristic analysis, which scans files for viruses that arn't out yet. I have yet to have any problems with it and it has found many viruses that norton and mcafee failed to find.I highly recommend it :rolleyes:

Yes it is one of the best free apps I have ever used in a long time, i had this on my laptop when I was a noob pc user now I still have it today 2 years later I love it scans emails and does everythign an anti virus program should do and for the best price of all, free ftw!

AVG Free is what I have been using for some years, I've found it less buggy than some of the better known brands, it operates smoothly, updates are quick and plentiful, and it hasn't let any virus get into my machine yet. Being free it sits right in my ideal price bracket. I have this installed on both of my computers, and my mum's, brothers and fiance's computers to keep them safe. i'd rate it 9/10

Wow thanks for the find.I've had AVG on my computer for a while now and it's working great but recently i changed my anti-virus to NOD32 it's uses less ram then AVG and it scans faster. But if you don't want to pay i say go AVG Anti-virus. I'd rate AVG 9.5/10

I put together a new computer recently and installed AVG Antivirus on it thanks to the recommendation of a friend. I did find though that it scanned rather too often, and I couldn't get the auto updates to work properly. I later switched back to avast! (which I had been using previously), which works for me no problem... so I don't really know :rolleyes:

AVG Free Edition is really one of the Best Available Anti-Virus. It has lots of features and very frequent updates that keep us bay from existing threats and that are yet to come. I recommend everyone AVG because its the best freeware available. It even has a support forum and all queries can be cleared there.

I had been using it for around 4 years now....i fin dit much better than norton myself in the terms that it doesnt use all your cpu etc..plus there is loads of frequent updates for it...and because of that you can keep it running constantly ..without ur pc going slow....and it will catch a virus in real time b4 it even gets to wreck havoc on your cpu.....only problem i found with it was..that when im playing a game..and i forget what time the scan is sqeduled for.....the whole computer LAG's like mad..but i suppose thats normal :)I highly recomend this tool :rolleyes:

Yes, I agree with you on that... AVG is the best free Anti-Virus program. It detects Viruses faster & better than Norton does.And the best part of it is its for free. I have that app downloaded & it detected Viruses that Norton didn't. Its just uncomparable with the price!

Yes, I agree with you on that... AVG is the best free Anti-Virus program. It detects Viruses faster & better than Norton does.And the best part of it is its for free. I have that app downloaded & it detected Viruses that Norton didn't. Compared to all Virus programs, AVG is the BEST! with its price & Security!

Thanks for the heads up on AVG, I've never heard of it but based on everyones recommendations, I will get it. My norton just expired and I wasn't sure if I was going to renew or not. I will use the link above to get it.

I hate all anti-viruses. They are major CPU hogs, and i have to disable live protection on anything in order to game. I think the best antivirus is Kaspersky Antivirus. It isn't anything super special, but it works, and finds plenty of new viruses that are undocumented.

avg saved my pc from the virus i got from opening a mail. i'm such a stupid person who fell for a trap. i thought the pc's problem was hardware but i realized that maybe my pc was just attacked by a virus. thanks to the people who introduced me to avg, now my pc is working properly.

Thanks, I had been looking for an antivirus and Clamwin... Well, its OK, I dont really get much if any viruses, but lets see how this one turns out, Im am downloading it right now.