xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
tonyclowdus

Which Is The Best Graphics Program

It depends on ones budget. I personally use Photoshop CS2 currently since i am operating in windows. However, when i do run linux and work on my web site from their i use the Gimp since it is 100% free which makes it a very good choice. They both do many things differently so it tends to be personal preference. Just choose one and stick with it.

photoshop or it's free equivalent, gimp. They're essentially the same thing. I love all of the features, I can get a do a lot of photo editing which i cant with any other programs. Photo enhancement and other things can be done with a bit of practice in photoshop. The only downfall in my opinion is the steep learning curve and almost a bajillion redundant features, in which the average person will not care to use.

I haven't used CorelDraw yet, I am a big fan of Adobe Photoshop and the Whole Adobe Creative Suite softwares so I would suggest using Photoshop. My cousin who also works as a graphic artist has used both Corel Draw and Adobe Photoshop, and he finds photoshop more professional than Corel. Corel for him is more of a program for students and beginners (no offense meant to CorelDraw users).But if you want to use a free graphics program try using G.I.M.P, I have used it and it is good enough to used, although I find it hard to use if you ae a long time Photoshop user. And beginners may also have hard time learnig GIMP.

Photoshop is the best for raster graphics and I am of the opinion that XaraExtreme is the best choice for vector gaphics. It is way faster than Illustrator, much easier to use, makes very good and highly editable graphics and it's a hell of lot less expensive than Illustrator.-Vito Segura