xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
tonyclowdus

Which Is The Best Graphics Program

I have recently gotten back into web site design and of course I prefer to use my own custom graphics. As I have been out of the loop for a while, I was wondering what everyones opinion on what the best graphics programs are to use. I have Photoshop CS, Fireworks 8.0, and access to FlexiSign and Gerber Omega at work...I was more curious than anything to see if anyone had any suggestions at some software that was maybe not necassarily better but more user friendly.

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Title name is VERY important! Be specific! Edited.
Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

I think all of the graphics programmes are pretty nice.I mean now a days when there is so much compitation between companies , so no one will waste their time in making the stupid softwares...but of course if we talk about the marketing , and popularity , Adobe Photoshop CS is very famous but its very expansive also.I had this software but i dont know why it makes my computer very slow.now a days i use ulead Photoimpact.I like some functions in it more than photoshop.anyway everyone have their own choices.

I have recently gotten back into web site design and of course I prefer to use my own custom graphics.  As I have been out of the loop for a while, I was wondering what everyones opinion on what the best graphics programs are to use.  I have Photoshop CS, Fireworks 8.0, and access to FlexiSign and Gerber Omega at work...I was more curious than anything to see if anyone had any suggestions at some software that was maybe not necassarily better but more user friendly.

225329[/snapback]

In my opinion, Photoshop is the better choice. Preferrably, Photoshop CS2. One other thing to have is Illustrator, again CS2. Photoshop and Illustrator both work great with each other.

If you had add a vouting pool here, i would give my voute for Photoshop CS, no reason, well maybe because I used to it because I am using Photoshop since version 5.0 and it is about year 1999 DC :)

My Choice is Photoshop CS2 it has more advanced features and easy to use with a little knowledge. I like working with Photoshop rather than any other software.

i totally agree that adobe photoshop it prolly the best program out there...has more features then ne other program its just sumthing that has been improved n looked at alot to allow best results to allow us to make the best graphics that no other program wud allow us to make

My choice is also photoshop 2 it is the most widley know, and many would argue that it is the most powerful and productive. it has aton of features and is basically i think the industry standard.

Photoshop FTW.It's truly IMO the best graphics program out there.I think that because I've had some experience with it and I can make so *pretty* good graphics with it! I've made all of my graphics in it in fact. Banners,Sigs,Avvy's etc. But I've also worked with flash..for like 2 seconds..Photoshop overall is fairly simple to learn if you pay attention or at least learn quick. :) I just <3 it

Apparently I disagree with everybody I prefer Fireworks over Photoshop. I have had several problems with CS2. All Adobe programs seem to take days to open. I hate all Adobe software. It was a sad day when they bought Macromedia. I think they will ruin flash and dreamweaver too. The absolute greatest feature of any graphics program , in my opinion, is perfect intergration with Dreamweaver. And Fireworks is the perfect mate for DW.

Hmm for me the best is photoshop csv2 , img rready , dreamweaver 10 , corel draw studio 12 , bryce ..... i use others but these are my faves , each of them caters to one graphical need of mine eg .... bryce for 3d img design ... but in the end i think it comes down to personal taste , and also your user skill level ..... stick to the basics , work ya way up , via tuts etc... thats what i did ....

in my opinion Photoshop is the best for me. Although CS2 has more features I like Photoshop 7 more because 7 and CS2 bascially have the same feature but CS2 takes more space. If you switch you save like a total of 100 mb.