xisto Community
conret

Little House On The Prairie summary

ok i am in big trouble i am reading the book little house on the prairie and i have a problem i have to do a book report on it and the problem is that i only read until the part where the fmily settles in the prarie and makes the house. Can anyone tell me what happened afterwards. TY. also i have a question in which state did they settle?

I'm afraid I haven't read the book yet (sorry), but why don't you just read the whole thing? It can't be that difficult... or do you have an urgent deadline? In that case, I would suggest going online and looking for book reviews, I think you stand a better chance of finding out that way - although I suppose it couldn't be as good as reading the book itself.Good luck. :)

well this is whati ended up writing do u guys like it Little House on the Prairie Laura Ingalls Wilder Little House on the Prairie, by Laura Ingalls Wilder, is a story about a family?s journey from the Woods of Wisconsin to Kansas. The novel takes place during the time of the Oregon Trail which was during the 1800?s, since that was when the people were exploring the new land and people were moving out of their old crowded towns to the wide Indian country. This trip was hard for everyone because of the lakes, mountains, and other places they had to pass trough. And the book shows the trouble that the family had to go trough to get to Kansas country. They had to cross the Mississippi river during the winter when it was covered with ice. Also they had to make a new camp every night. Not only was nature their problem but also wild animals like wolves and Indians which the family feared would catch them. When they reach Kansas Pa stopped the Wagon and said that he will build a log cabin right there. They made some friends from the surrounding areas and they helped Pa build the cabin. The setting is very important to the story because the book is about how they adapt to the environment. For example since they were so used to living in the woods, the prairie was a new and a refreshing start for them. It is interesting how they find new things that surround them like neighbors and pack of wolfs which almost got Pa.

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Have patience and do not double or triple post. Use REPORT if you need to edit or merge your posts. This is your last caution.
Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

I got the box set and read them many years ago. Interesting, I have to say, if not rather slow. I guess you gave a rather cosmetic summary, which should be good enough? From what I remember there are a lot of "trivial" events which make up the whole story. To be honest I preferred the later/middle ones in the series..

I like it except the ending could have been a little better :) I find the best way to finish it is something like. "This book is both informative on pioneer life, as well as the details of their hard life that went along with it." (Just what I would do depending on your style) But I would suggest starting a little bit earlier. Hey tell us how it goes if you can. Good luck!

This book is great its so fun to read. This book is Historical Fiction. The setting is in the 1800's during the Oregon Trail in Wisconsin.This story is about a family that decides to sell their house, and move to an Indian Territory in Kansas. I can't tell you more you'll have to read the book!!-luluana

Can anyone help me I am doing a book report on the little house on the prairie and if anyone read it please help.these are my instructions:explain and describe in setting in detail(5 sentences)explain why the setting is important to the outcome of the story and importance to the characters(8 sentences)please help me-volcombabe34

little house in the prairie book summary

Little House On The Prairie

This is the best known Little House book, mostly thanks to the highly acclaimed television series Little House on the Prairie by the same name, starring Michael Landon, Melissa Gilbert, Karen Grassle, Melissa Sue Anderson, and Victor French, among others.

Little House on the Prairie follows the Ingalls family as they travel to Kansas. They build a log house with glass windows in Indian Territory, and Mr. Edwards descibes his meeting with Santa Claus.

Book Title: Little House on the Prairie

Author: Laura Ingalls Wilder

Publisher: Scholastic Inc.

Year Published: 1935

Characters in the Book: Ma, Pa, Laura, Mary, Carrie, Jack (the dog), Mr. Edwards

Short Summary: Laura is moving from her little house in the big woods of Wisconsin to the Kansas Prairie. She is traveling in a covered wagon. It's hard for her to leave her home in Wisconsin. They have some hard times, but they work it out somehow.

Good Part: When they are around the fire eating and talking and big eyes come out and scare them. Then they found out it was Jack the dog that got lost but they thought he died.

-reply by unkown

My mother was a really big fan of Little House on The Prairie when she was younger. She still likes it, too, just doesn't really watch the shows anymore. To tell the truth, she doesn't really watch any TV anymore.

In second grade my teacher read us "Little House in the Big Woods." We did several projects on it and did all these activities that related to it...it was a lot of fun. I loved the book and went on the read the rest of the series. I love how the series spans across Laura's whole life throughout the years, as well as showing the life of her husband. It makes it so interesting and memorable.

Help On little House on the PrairieLittle House On The Prairie

okay well the family first off leaves WISCONSIN for KANSAS. They settle on a prairie and build a house

theirs a prairie fire builds a well  there are indians and thats about how much I read

hope this helped a little

Kayla