xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
illdevilinc

Type Without Buttons Ultra sensitive lasers

Ive just heard about a new kind of keybord that has two side podiums and a pressure board. The podiums progect a keybord with the standered key placement. When ever it sences that a spot has been pressed down the signal is sent to your computer with that letter. The cool thing about this keyboard is that when software that supports this kind of keyboard comes out the lasers will progect what ever the program tells it to and the sensors will adapt to the programs settings creating compleate control of the computer. Also included in the keyboard is a mouse pad like an inlarged version of a touchpad found on notebook computers but on the pad is a replica of whats on your computer moniter and you move the mouse the the location it is needed. I didnt find out what companie was making it. Or the prise. I would immagin that it is exspensive though.

I think I've heard a little about this from somewhere, but I didn't know everything that you mentioned. That sound really cool! I bet that will be very expensive when it first comes out (and judgin by the way it sounds, my guess is around $1,000 or more...). Still, though...I like the standard keyboard we have right now a lot, but I'd say I could get used to that type of keyboard. Still, though, I still would like to try it out.

Yea my guess is that it will be over $1000. And knowing Microsoft they will charge more money for programs that will oporate this on there systems. But im going to wait to try that out until they fix the bugs that go with every new product. The new products never work like they say. I think the companies that are making that are Logitec, intel, toshiba, and microsoft.

Never heard of it before. But it sounds really cool. Projects huh? Sounds like if you accidentily put your hand over a "button" that was projected on the board, it might type it though. Which would be really stressful if you were trying to type a paper. I don't think it will catch on. Now a pad that had the letters on it, that might catch on. But that sounds really cool anyway. Post it if you find who makes it.

The only thing that I dislike about modern keyboards is that it makes noise. Even the slient keyboards make some noise and this laser keyboard could fix that. The problem that I see would be that your fingers would probably get hurt tapping on a hard surface a few hundred or thousand times per hour. Another problem is that having a mouse pad that displays the monitor would make having a monitor redundant. You might as well just use the mouse pad as the monitor and save on some money.

O.O wow a prjector keybord to cool! Far from imposable as well. I think that would be a great upgrade for computers everywere! Not to mention the noise that a regular keybord makes @_@ The only problem I would see with this new keybord would be the price, major typos because it isnt a physical buttion to press and the fact that it would be a delecate peace of softwere to own.

i think the koolest keyboard is the "on-screen keyboard" lol it rocks i had to use it when my mom took away my keyboard haha good times....n i good really good at click on the keyboard after awhile =D it costs about.....NOTHING priceless haha

I really don't think a projected keyboard will catch on. People need to feel the keys in order to type effectively. If you are just banging you fingers on a smooth projected surface you will likely have to keep looking at the projection of the keyboard as your hands may wander off in some direction causing you to type incorrectly. Program specific key configuration however is appealing. Having your keyboard adapt to the best configuration for specific programs would be interesting and useful. I have heard recently of a keyboard that has OLED keycaps (only on a few keys now I think), but in the future as OLED gets cheaper we could have adapting keyboards with OLED labels on all of the keys.

you got a point there,but i exually saw something like this in berlin. I was there with school, and there was this store with all the new things of sony and stuff. And there was this board of some kind haning on the wall, and if you drawed on that board the computer reacts to it. This way you could play games and make nice drawings on the computer. Pretty interessting stuff :)

I've heard of that too, Wassie, but that's a completely different technology. I have to agree that flat keyboards (for me, anyway) would be difficult to use, simply because I have to feel the keys under my fingers in order to know that I'm putting my hands in the correct positions. However, if the clicking sound is the only thing you hold against standard keyboards, there ARE rubber keyboards that can be rolled up for the sake of being portable. Furthermore, you can feel the raised rubber keys. When it comes to things like a keyboard that is 100% projected, there is a high margin for error. For example, what if one of the lasers burned out? There would be no way at all to tell where the keys were, unless you managed to draw them in or memorize it from experimentation.

basing from your description, this could be a good replacement of our current keyboard now, care to share any link for that to give us more information about this? Though I'm not sure if this is available now or already in development, I am actually looking for the time to come that we will not be needing any keyboard, I mean, the system will automatically input the needed words once we said it, this would be better way than having a keyboard. This might not be too far to become available.

ehh.. this keyboard isn't that new.. it has been there forever.. lol. .i saw it along time ago. .but i guess it isn't that famous.... i just odn't see the point of projector keyboard... you have to adjust your body to it.. not adjusting the keyboard to fit you.. i rather getting a wireless keyboard better.. just sit on your bed and type and with a wireless mouse. that makes heaven.. lol... i have my computer screen next to my bed and i'm using both wire and wireless keyboard. .so i could switch back and forth between my excutive chair and my bed.. .when i go to sleep or watch movies.. lol