xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Nani Cheri

Second Languages If you can only speak a certain language

Which language would you like to learn more?  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Heh.. I'd actually like to learn more Japanese.. I'm working on it, and getting pretty far, but since they dont use the roman alphabet, reading it is starting to seem like a whole new game XD (Well, katakana and hiragana were easy, but I dont think I'll ever learn enough kanji XD)

I'd like to learn more French, enough to get into a basic conversation rather than just being able to ordering food and such. I'm learning Spanish at the moment as well which I'm finding very hard, "tengo unos anos"* is about all I can say :) I don't really want to have to learn that......BTW, out of interest, what country speaks Telegu?// Added French option to the poll* Means I'm one-year old

Good although in this forum intent to speak something of English, this undoubtedly is not my native language.My language from birth is Spanish and I live in espa?a.It is also certain that with this forum I am practicing my English a little, although I am even given quite bad.Soon I would like to learn frances and German, good in fact frances you a little, but only the basic thing that I gave in the instituo, and English I gave in the institute and also some particular classes.Good here it is all statement I hope to go learning little by little.

Well my native language is Hungarian and my second is Romanian. Because I live in Romania but I am a Hungarian :)My third language, which I learned from the time I was 4 or 5 years old is English. I have a beginner's level in French and German (learned French 6 years in school and German 2 years with tutor).I am looking at the possibility of learning Russian or continuing my German, but don't really have the time the mood and the money.

I'd like to learn more French, enough to get into a basic conversation rather than just being able to ordering food and such. I'm learning Spanish at the moment as well which I'm finding very hard, "tengo unos anos"* is about all I can say :rolleyes: I don't really want to have to learn that......

BTW, out of interest, what country speaks Telegu?

// Added French option to the poll

* Means I'm one-year old

225384[/snapback]

thanks alot

I noticed that there many of us on this forum who'd like to speak German. I can't seem to find German a beautiful language... it has absolutely no 'rhythm'. But perhaps I think about it this way because I speak Dutch, and that seems to look-a-like.

I don't know but it attracts me. Maybe because Hungarian has too much "rhythm" and Romanian is too "melodic". And English lacks the salt and pepper. The harshness of the German seems something nice for my ears.

I'm finding very hard, "tengo unos anos"* is about all I can say :) I don't really want to have to learn that......

* Means I'm one-year old

Only an advice. :D

Probably you know how to pronounce that, but writing it should be "Tengo un ańo". I know that you probably don´t have that Ń letter in your keyboard but it´s funny because you´ve chosen a problematic word, because "ano" means "butt", so if you write "tengo unos anos" you mean exactly "I´ve got some butts". :rolleyes:

Also is without "s" because its singular (one), but for the rest of ages it´s said "ańos" with final "s".

Hahaha, hmmm well maybe I heard too many harshness for my own as I speak Dutch... I'd rather choose Spanish or Arabic (but that's only because I want to understand some of my friends :rolleyes:)

225887[/snapback]

Learning an arabic language seems a nice idea too. Or Indian. Anyway, I plan to travel a lot, to countries with radically different culture than mine and would want to communicate with the people and learn about their vision. From this point of view Indian (as the language spoken in India - is that correct?) would be my choice.

But I think I will stick to German :)

hey i wanna learn to speak chinese and learn more about its culture and they the history.. i mean china is like well cool and the people.. i like have alot of friends who are chinese and they are really cool and have been brought up really well and they always say that it is because of where they are from.. i love chinese food aswell that is like the best manzz esp special fried rice

i want to learn chinese and japanese too.. though its really hard to write them especially the kanji characters injapanese which are the writngs of chinese. but which is easier to learn traditional chinese or simplified chinese?Ni hao!

I'm French and I'm studying English but also spanish. I don't really like german so I wouldn't go for it... But chinese is more and more studied in France. I love listening to a friend who has been learning chinese for a long time. It's kind of funny to listen to chinese but it's also enchanting. I know that sounds dumb but it's such "weird" sounds that it becomes enchanting... Give it a try <_<