xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
beeseven

Woman's Arms And Legs Amputated hospital wont say why.

That id an outrage. I hope if they did it without a real cause that she can get a bundle of money from that. She is now stuck in a wheelchair the rest of her life.If you are that irresponsible, you shouldn't run or have a hospital. they didn't even ask the husband. Which they should of because he is the person that should make decisions for choices like this. Awful. Thanks for the article. I am suprised it wasn't aired more on other news stations.

They didn't tell her because, as the article said, it woud infringe another patient's confidentiality. If they did that, the doctors could be sued. However, since they saved the lady's life and didn't disturb anyone's privacy, they really can't be sued, regardless of how insane it may seem. They didn't break any laws or violate any rights, so they can't be sued, unless the lawyer is able to sweet-talk the jury into pitying the lady who has been dismembered, but I'd guess the hospital would be able to afford a much better lawyer than the woman could.

They did break laws. The husband should have been notified before the amputation took place. They didn't and since he was technically the legal decision maker, if you want to call it that, then they did break a law. Unless she would have been dead or damaged, I think they could have spared the half hour to talk to him.

also she can sue the hospital for getting her infected w/ the bacteria. It spreads by touch, therefore the hospital was lax on its sanitation. Which puts the responsibility directly on the hospital.Even if she can't win on a "they didn't ask me" case, she has a damn good suit for mal practice: probably in the 100's of millions, considering it cost her 4 limbs, and knowing how screwed up the legal system is =\

It is possible that her husband was unable to be reached at the critical moment. Besides, once again, telling him the facts would allegedly violate someone's rights to privacy. It's kind of a dog-chasing-his-tail case, but it sounds mostly legal to me.

This is one of the strangest news I've ever heard in recent times and that too in the most advanced country in the world - the United States of America. America is having the best laws and everything the best, atleast they wish to have. And to go by that I'm pained to see this Woman, who is amputed without even knowing the reasons why she should be amputed. I wonder if the privacy issue is helping her or not, instead it keeps her more worried.

... the most advanced country in the world - the United States of America.

That can be debated. As much as it pains me to say it, Japan is ahead of the United States, at least in general technology (of course they can't beat us when it comes to weapons, since they cannot officially have an army). And then, there are a few European countries that may be able to stand up the United States. We aren't the industrial superpower that we were right after WWII.

Ironic, isn't it? It takes World Wars to make the United States great - they only became truely powerful after WWI and WWII. While everyone else is in shambles, trying to build up, we go through a golden age of sorts. One must admit that we benefit from war, as strange as it sounds.

Whether that's good or not, you decide.

o.o That's scary... After giving birth to a baby, and wake up to one of the most horrible things that could happen to you... After hearing that you had a flesh-eating bacteria (not before they kept it a secret why they amputated your arms and legs) and that there could be a better way to cure you. :rolleyes: They could've at least told her first instead of keeping such a thing a secret. Yeah, I think relieving some people of their jobs is a good idea now...

It would be very traumatic to wake up after giving birth to a baby and suddenly realising you couldn't move at all then realising you had lost 4 limbs. Why couldn't they give her antibiotics? Seems wrong to me. Also why didn't they tell her husband or contacted someone close to her? Seems totally wacked in my opinion though.

ahhh reading all this doesn't help my fear of doctors, I don't trust them because when you are unconcious you don't know what they are doing... like CUTTING YOUR ARMS AND LEGS OFF... if I woke up like that in hosptial i'd sue, and spend the money i get on hitmen to go and kill the doctors who had done that to me. Thats ruining another persons life, like when people get raped, with all the emotional problems and trauma.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
Just after giving birth, a woman was transferred to a different hospital- which then took off her arms and legs. They refuse to tell her why, and say she'll have to sue them to get the answer. They say she had some weird disease, won't explain how she caught it. She cites a law that says they have to tell her, they don't because it would supposedly violate someone else's privacy.

Say, I have a friend here who went in the same process of having all four limbs amputated. Just came from a sinusitis which exploded into filling up his body to the rim with pneunococci within a few hours. It was kinda hard for the physicians to diagnose the darn thing right on time and gangrene developped within a few hours. Hence the amputations.

Well, folks, tell you what, it's a terrible thing to undergo, but the man sort of recovered. He's currently back on his feet and I've seen him eat and laugh at my table of late. There's no telling what a stout heart can do in this life.

I suspect the girl underwent some nasty infection while she was under scant medical care, and the hospital won't dare recognize it unless they're compelled to say it right under a judge's nose.

Yeah, right, buddies, shun the MD's, I say, as long as you can.

Cheers ! :huh: