xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mukund

Opera Mini

If I wasn't wrong, Opera browser was made intended for mobile phones in its early years. Because of its technology of extracting data from a web server at a fast speed, they use the technology on mobile phones to increase efficiency in mobile browsing. Please correct me if this information is wrong.It was later the technology also proved useful on computers and that's where PC version of Opera browser came about, becoming the world's fastest browser.

i cant browae via opera miniOpera Mini

I have a big problem regarding using the opera mini I have a nokia 3230 and I have already installed the application but I cant browse using the application. I activated my phone for mms already but yet again cant browse.. Please give some advice and also the correct setting if there is one.. Please help me. Thanks a lot.

-reply by angeleuz

Hi! ;) Opera Mini 4 is very good web browser avaiable for mobiles.It is comparatively faster than Opera Mini 3 andalso support downloading files so you don't need a download manager for your mobile.The best part of this is that it is available at free of cost.

Opera Mini 3 works on my Sony Ericsson K750i as well, I think it's awesome. It loads the sites the 80% they actually look like(well, it doesn't have javascript/flash support), and that's great for a phone of this kind. The zoom-ing's also good because it fits the text with the screen size. Excellent browser for mobile phones.

I like surfing on the mobile using opera. It is the only browser that had better surfing capability as browser. as most of the earlier built-in browsers were not that feature-rich, so it was the only better interface browser that time. Especially opera 3 stayed in market for quite long time. It was hard to see websites with opera3. With opera 4, desktop interface of sites was preserved. It was quite an improvement from Opera 4.2 with those desktop website display. Let's see what will improve in 5th version of opera.

i see a resurgence of interest for opera mini... i wonder why. :( i'm using OM4.2 to make my posts here now, so i thought i need to drop by. :lol: i'm also waiting for an update on a new and better OM. any news on updates? :P

I don't know about Opera Mini updates or any new version coming soon. But desktop version of opera 10 is released. I gone through the article at arstechnica to find out some of the features in opera 10. So operator and portable opera apps will be updated as well. And i expect there could be new Opera Mini version coming soon. In between anyone tried Mobile browsers like Teashark ? I would like to know more alternatives in mobile browsers. any pointers ? suggestions ?