xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
brainless

Germany Developing Nuclear Weapons highly enriched uranium in Garching

We are really going to be in a lot of trouble if this happens. If everyone has taken history we werent very friendly with germany. As a madder of fact no one was. Whats to stop them from going to war with us and starting another WW?WW3 may be coming if something dosent happen.

That is really qiute ignorant. Just because they have nuculear weapons does that make them a threat to world peace, if so does that not make Russia, United States, United Kindom and many other's?

Just because they started WW1 and 2 that does not mean they will start another WW. If you have ever been to Germany you would know they are really quite ashamed of that era of there history.

I feel every nation should have the right to nuculear weapon's else it makes the powerful countries even more powerful.

Yes I agree with niped that germans are in fact ashamed of the world war one and even more of the world war two. However they are proud people and neonazistic movement has many people in germany and around countries. So if one wants the clean countries in europe and is stating that the people should be and go for clean countries with one nation it is complete nonsense in the todays world and also it may seem as threat. remember that.

they are just making it sound ok for other countries to arm themselves with nuclear weapons. Soon other countries will follow suit because they will feel like its needed so that they dont get pushed by other countries.

they are just making it sound ok for other countries to arm themselves with nuclear weapons. Soon other countries will follow suit because they will feel like its needed so that they dont get pushed by other countries.

Well it is common practice it is like domino law when one start then all other connecting to that one are starting. And I think it cannot be stopped that easy.

But many of you are forgeting that enriching uranium isn't the same as building nuclear bomb however if they would be producing hard water then this is obvious sign of bomd making process.

Replying to hitmanbloodSry guys: just an opinion. I'm a scientist, a mineralogist in fact: trying to work out, how earth works... With little chance of success during my life-span, however^^FRM II is a scientific reactor, producing neutrons for us - scientists- to find out about atomic structures and properties of minerals and other materials (your car, your oven, your computer, your shoes, your whatsoever!).I do not deny the possibility that any nuclear reactor could somehow be abused. However, there is definetely no reason to fear any sort of threat - on the contrary: Germany decided to close ALL it's reactors rather soon, addressing the threats of nuclear waste (issue unsolved in all countries, on all continents.) FRM II will be among them at some stage. And, though one might think, this is rather a clever thing to do (and I agree on a private, personal stage), I am sad as a scientist: Neutrons are very important as probe in any sort of materials science. And there are, up to now, spallation sources and nuclear reactors. FRM II is a science reactor (it produces energy, however), but the same is true for synchrotrons: The first were built for particle physicists, but what really drives them, are the "parasitic" sciences, materials sciences, that use the X-rays generated rather than the particles - and also X-rays are something to fear and something we need.There are a few scientific nuclear reactors in Germany. FRM II is only one of them, though it's advanced (thanks!). If you took a close look at Germany nowadays, you'd find, it can hardly pose any military threat to anyone. In fact, Germany struggles to fullfill its duties to its allies, since Germany has put very strict restrictions on any sort of armament. Germany refuses - to date - in refusal of offers withing the EU and beyond, to obtain, possess, develop or use nuclear weapons. And this is a good thing.I'm a GERMAN scientist, and I have no love for wars or weapons. I don't't have any love for facilities producing materials which could potentially be used as weapons. However, condemning FRM II is ridiculous, as it is an -internationally open- scientific reactor.Regards,Ash -reply by Ashkar

Germany should have Nukes in case Russia or China was to attack itGermany Developing Nuclear Weapons

Germany has every right to have Nukes to defend itself. If england,france,china,nrth korea,india,paksitan all have nukes why shouldnt Germany have them.

Support 100% for Germany or the Fatherland to have Nukes 

-reply by John Giggenbach