xisto Community
JasperIk

The Vent People complain a tad too much..

So we have The Vent, for people to complain. Well I think some people are complaining TOO much. I see that there are some people that have more than three topics in there, and some of them could probably be meshed together. I think that people should just have maybe 1 or 2 topics in there, one of them could be off all their vents, like their family/friend/boyfriend/girlfriend/people at work/school problems because i think those could very well be put together. And things that have to do with something different could be in their other venting topics. But I just don't see why people feel the need to vent about every single problem.I just have a hard time really taking someone serious when all they do is complain. And at other forums people ARE looked down upon for having 20 million topics about things to complain about. Its just frustrating seeing people have several topics in the Vent, i feel they are just taking credits (you give credits in there right?) by boring us with their overly ventful life. Some problems just don't need to be vented about in my opinion.But that is my opinion, for people to have less threads in the vent. To Have people have no more than two or three. Besides some people are complaining about the same thing...so i think there needs to be less of the same topic.

Notice from KuBi:
I told him to post it here. Don't move please.
Edited by KuBi (see edit history)

JasperIk,Don't take this reply at all personally, but my impression of the Topic is that you are taking an opportuntiy to complain about people who complain too much. See my point? I don't think you are a complainer, but there is a touch of comedy about your post.

JasperIk,

Don't take this reply at all personally, but my impression of the Topic is that you are taking an opportuntiy to complain about people who complain too much. See my point? I don't think you are a complainer, but there is a touch of comedy about your post.

223118[/snapback]

Well it was actually a suggestion i made, and sent it to a mod. They told me to post it here, and then they were going to pin it or something like that.

I understand the point about me complaining about complaining...but I am just trying to address something that in my opinion is an issue.

i like reading other peoples problems because it jsut gets to be funny allot of the times..some of the things are weird/stupid *like my last post i made* but it is halarious no mater how many times i read it over.. except for people complaining about all of the ads on the forums..they should just be quiet or have them put on their site >_< then they'd complain even more!

The way I see it it is good to have different topics becuase even though you could put them in the same place the topic would start out as boyfriend problems and some people won't want to read about boyfriend problems so they will skip it and won't add their opinion but they might put in there opinion about girlfriend problems if they see the topic. Another thing is that they happen at different times and they sort of are different, two different genders and different types of relationships. It may look like people post here a lot because they have lots of things on their mind they want to get out and they do it on a daily basis but what is the difference of having it in 3 topics or one, it takes up the same space just as well and it keeps things organized. Sure if it is based on the same thing like having problems with 1 friend one day and a different friend the next but I really don't see a problem. I not trying to be mean or anything but I don't see a point to this topic. lol I see it from your point of view but don't think there really problem.

I agree with Plenoptic. Also, some people may have built up a lot of anger. Releasing anger is a good thing, because bottling it up can cause problems for some people (it sometimes does for me). Everyone has a right to vent. Even though it's been a while since I was last on here, I have made a few topics in the vent myself. Also, I like to read about people's problems, and if possible, help them (though I'm not very good at it). We all have a right to voice our opinions, however.

like i said earlyer, i think it is funny, but i would also like to help some of the time, but my solutions to their problems are far to violent for this forum to withstand >_<

:( Yeah, I agree with Albus on that. The Vent is wonderful! It is a place for people to blow off whatever their day has brought them. It is funny, and it's always nice to say: "Hey, calm down. The world is not going to end." I also admit that some people always have problems, therefore, will be posting here all the time. But, I still support this forum 110%!

right, the Vent is a nice place, even though some people seem to complain too much...it might seem reasonable to put your own complaint into another thread about a similar thing ... but in the worst case, this could start a debate about who's suffering more, that would be kinda contraproductive, wouldn't it? (oh, by the way, yes, I tend to point out the bad things so they can be improved and forget to mention the good things, I hope you can deal with that =))

I don't use the vent too much. For the most part, I write in an online journal thing that no one sees.. and thats probably a good thing. But sometimes, when I'm even more upset about something, and its something I know other people have experienced and can relate to, it'd be nice to have their opinion on it. I guess sometimes its just nice to know someone has read what you wrote. You can't do that if you write somewhere else.

Anyways, thats just my opinion on it. If people want to post a lot of topics in the Vent, why not? If you don't want to read the pointless ones.. well, don't read them. As long as they're not one sentence long or anything, I don't have a problem with them...

I don't know i think that vent is made for that purpose...to put out everything you can because you don't feel so good...But it would be better if people put arguments to what they claim, because sometimes ppl just say things about stuff and don't say why...but you know how it is when you are angry...you are not that rational..

Hmm... the complaining about the complaining part was interesting :( Twisted irony, but I think you have a point. I am a seasoned complainer myself, but I try catch myself red-handed when I can and then I try to divert my attention to something slightly more productive.While I'm quite neutral as far as the issue of people posting multiple vents is concerned, I must admit that complaining about things has never gotten me anywhere, sadly :( It's nice to hear someone saying 'bin there, buddy', but, I'm not sure it's really helped. Maybe the pysco-analysts (spelling?) will explain that it reduces emotional tension or something, but of late, I've been finding it easier to get to work as opposed to picking out random elements from problems[1346] and elaborating on them :(Cheers!PS: Oh I hate my coffee maker, by the way... did I mention it makes these horrendous noises even when all it has to do is make plain, black coffee? And I always add the sugar when I don't need it... I'm sure the machine has got something to with it, dam*-it! :oops:

Notice from jlhaslip:
edit per report
Edited by jlhaslip (see edit history)

I think that it is fine that people vent here. That is what this specific forum is for anyway. It is best for people to express their problems rather than keep them to themselves because it is proven that it is best if you can express yourself. You say that they could combine their complaints but that would make topics be only 1/3 on topic most of the time. If you do not like people complaining so much just do not visit this forum.

lol, i am looking through your post's for no reason once so ever, and i come across this, i keep browsing through them... and suddenly i relize that more than 50% of all the topics yyou make... are made in the vent...lol this topic is coming back to but you in the butt?