xisto Community
callum

Weirdest Thing You've Eaten Frogs and locusts for me...

What is the weirdest thing you have ever eaten?

For me, it would have to have been what I ate when I was in Thailand - this included Frogs, Locusts, Chicken heads and Chicken feet.

The next thing I might try is haggis. Apparently it tastes really good...

Callum

Once I ate snails, but I didn't know that the food on my plate consists of snails. They've tasted unsually, but all in all tasty.

Can't say I've aeten anything really 'out-of-it' unless you count dog and cat biscuits or shelac which is a common ingredient in many confectionaries made from beetle shells (most people don't realise what they are eating hehe). My ex-stepmother had sparrow soup when she was in a Japanese hospital and my husband says that his Mother's curried sausages are the worst thing he's ever eaten! :(

Pigeons. I don't think many people would agree that pigeons are "eatable", especially in a time when avian flu is lurking in the dark. But eating pigeons is actually quite common in the place that I am living. Pigeons are not as meaty as chickens, but are more or less of the same texture.

I was in China on vacation and I went to a restaurant with some other people who ordered up a few dishes. There was a dish that was jelly and had something in it and I didn't know what it was so I tried it and it tasted pretty bad so I ask the person next to me what it was and it turned out I ate some kind of worm that is found in the ocean which is supposed to be a delicacy there.

I had snails. Like in the shells and you had to suck it out. It was good although you coudln't trust the sanitary methods in Vietnam. I was cautious of the food. I had duck eggs. They're good. Only if the baby is small. lol. im evil bird eater. but its so good. I don't know most thigns i try end up being good.

emm.. lol.. maybe my thing will be a bit shock :( emm.. I have ate Bulls Testicles.. They can be bough tin shops and taste very weird.. I didn't liked and when I ate firs tI thought I will never want to see it agan.. It tasted horrible but my friends liked it.. pure bull who died and his testicles was ate by people (puke)...Never try it people :(

Well the most weirdest thing that i have ever tasted was seaweed.. i have also tried snails but it made me sick just after.. The seaweed i had was from this chinese buffet that i went and it was well tasty they made it well crispy lol :(

emm.. I have ate Bulls Testicles.. ..bull who died and his testicles was ate by people (puke)...

Never try it people :(

222814[/snapback]

"Prairie Oysters" -- and the Bull doesn't have to die for them to be available.

I'll let you guess how they are made available ...

And you are right about that puke part...

I love calamari! but I can't eat the little ones that are actually shaped like the squid. It has to be cut into chunks or rings. I can't eat food that is shaped like the animal I am eating.you can tell, I am not very adventerous when it comes to trying weird new food. I do love shark though. That's about as weird as I'll go. And I accidentally ate an ant once- it had a taste like the smell of gasoline.

all the stuff is not really weird. just get some chinese or asian people on here to tell you what they eat... REGULARLY...i have eaten a lot of stuff but not sure what you people would consider weird. If you are talking weird as in something you might not consider eating in a normal animal... Cow: brain, tounge, stomach, intestines, tail, lung, bladder, kidney, etc. If you are talking weird as in weird animals you have eaten then: camel, frog, dog, eels, snakes, horse, deer, rabbit, pigeon, buffalo, bear, tiger, elephant, etc.I have sampled all of the above...

The weirdest thing i've eaten is popcorn. Just wait, it's not your ordinary popcorn. I was at the movie theatre with a few friends, and we were all acting stupid that night. The one guy bet me that I wouldn't eat popcorn out of the garbage can. Well, I did. It didn't taste too bad, and I didn't get sick, but it is still wierd.

That is just plain gross! :( While I ate cat biscuits and dog biscuits when I was young ( the dog biscuits tasted better), I've made it a point to never eat anything off the ground or floor etc. Although as the oldest, I managed to weedle my sister and brother into eating some pretty disgusting things like mold and worms :(