xisto Community
WBBulldogs

Trillian 3.1 Basic Or Pro Overview of Trillian IM client

Trillian an IM client that merges your existing Yahoo, MSN, AIM, ICQ, and IRC. I like it because it frees up some space, other than having all 5 programs if you even use all five you have one and it also uses less resources this way. You can use audio and video with it and it even can support a LAN messenger for just the computers in your network. Nifty huh. Well you can CLICK HERE to find out more and download it.

personally, i would just rather have all of the messengers, it has more features, and ive tryed the mixed messengers, but i didn't like em too much..maybe its just the ones i used. but i still would rather have all the individual messengers

I don't like it. I tried using it once, and I hate the way that it renders fonts and fonts' backgrounds. Like, if the person that you're talking to uses a small type font, then it's show on trillian as supersmall. I've had this problem many times when I'm talking to opaque. I also don't like it's interface. If you ask me, I think that it's too loaded on graphics making my computer slower.But yeah, I agree that it is better to use it than to use 5 different programs at once. Definitely frees up some memory. I, on the other hand, only use 1--AIM.

It's a good program for those using more than 3 msg's. But if you use only icq or msn (or even just one of them) then I dont see a point in having trillian.Trilian uses about 15-20MB of RAM when loaded! I use it but when I run a game or several programs I have to shut it down since my computer is not runnint that smoothly. BUT it is still better solution for me since I use MSN, Yahoo!, ICQ and AOL instant massangers.

I know trilian, but i use Miranda, which can also handle all the popular messenger protocols and IRC in one program and has much more functions then the orginal messegers.

Miranda IM is a multi protocol instant messenger client.Miranda IM is designed to be resource efficient and easy to use. It uses very little memory and requires no installation.

Here you can get it: http://www.miranda-im.org/

I love Trillian, simply because it is the only PC application where I can see my wife on her Apple...No, that is not rude, while she was home in the States for a couple of months recently, video chatting was the only option. So Trillian gets a big thumb up. The professional one!

I love Trillian, simply because it is the only PC application where I can see my wife on her Apple...

So Trillian gets a big thumb up. The professional one!

221772[/snapback]

I give Trillian a thumbs up also. Have been using for 3 years now and it makes it so easy for me to keep track of all my friends. They don't all use the same messenger, but I can catch them all. I have had 3 or more windows of Trillian communications having conversations with as many people at the same time without having 3 or more different programs running. Eats up your resources really quick. Multi-tasking can lock up my puter sometimes. Ugh, I need a new one. This one is 5 years old now and I am still running on Windows 98 S.

Go purchase pro immediately. It is 10x better than the basic edition because of all the plugin available. I currently have a winamp plugin, a imap mail plugin, gmail plugin, spam blocking plugin for IMs, an encyclopdia, etc. and it makes life so easy. Ive been using trillian for like 3 years now i never will change.

Is there trillian for Linux (debian env.) or anything like that? ATM I'm forced to use GaIM to handle IRC, Google Talk and MSN in one program and I really don't like its oversimplistic system without custom emoticons, avatars etc. so if there is any better software available for debian/ubuntu environment from Synaptic Package Manager or in .deb-package please tell me.

I also love Trillian :) It works wonders for me even when I use the free version.. It's simple to use and supports many most popular IM's.. Of course there's some negative things too but total is still easily positive ^^

I use Trillian's Basic package as well . I don't really see a big difference between basic and pro other than support and a few glitcy features that's not required to chat without through multiple IM services.

Is there trillian for Linux (debian env.) or anything like that? ATM I'm forced to use GaIM to handle IRC, Google Talk and MSN in one program and I really don't like its oversimplistic system without custom emoticons, avatars etc. so if there is any better software available for debian/ubuntu environment from Synaptic Package Manager or in .deb-package please tell me.

There's an alternative called Kapote that you may like. Unforunently, I don't have the url handy (at work and practically all search engines are banned :)), but a google search should do the trick.

I like trillian Pro because I can used many instant messaging service and also can creat so automatically do command like , if my friends online , trillian send message to him .Like these services,I love Trillian