xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iwuvcookies

Kitten Born With Only One Eye And No Nose basically the title says it all. problem

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/10792937/

Posted Image

Basically this kitten is named Cy, short for cyclops was born with this facial deformity. I think its just sad. The kitty dies in one day. All the mothers litter were normal. What do you think about this???

Like I just think life is so unfair sometimes. Everybody is not born the same.

Assuming it actually is real, I think it's sad that the kitten didn't manage to grow up and have kids. I would have liked to have seen the new cat-clops species.But it is certainly a strange thing. It'd hard for me to believe that something so strange can be born and actually live, even if it is for a short time.

It is endeed very weird. One eye...i can imagine that, but no nose at all?? That's really strange.Of course it's very sad for the little kitten. She hadn't have the chance to live properly, but it's also sad for the mother, who loses a child.

Oh my god o_O.If that honestly is real then all I have to say is:Damn,that poor kitten.ONE EYE! Just imagine life with 1 eye..especially as a cat x.x.I hope the owner doesn't exploit it too much and make a profit off of it or something,for that would be truely heartless and cruel.Poor kitty :blink:

Thats a little bit creepy keeping the cat in her freezer, even if it is for a good purpose in case scientists want to study it. The article said that the disease forms a single eye where the nose should be. Does that mean it can see through it? Shouldn't there be nose nerves not eye nerves in there or something. Poor kitty died in a day, at least it was saved the pain of struggling to live like that. This stuff could have happen to humans, maybe thats where we got the cyclops from.

LocalSeer, if an eye formed where the nose should be, it would completely replace the nose, resulting in a functioning eye. Kind of like when a person is born with a sixth finger (that is properly formed).And Moody, animals rarely mourn the death of offspring when it is only one out of a litter. The mother probably barely even noticed that her little mutant child didn't show up for dinner.Maybe the father of the kitten killed it. I mean, it isn't exactly a face one could be proud of, and the father would have had to endure constant torment and comments such as "I think I see the resemblance" and "Gee, he looks just like you!" I think that's a good enough motive for catslaughter.

I never realized animal parents were so..uncaring >_>. I'm glad I'm human!Also, I didn't read properly and didn't realize the kitten died! :( If it was killed by the parent I then ROAAARRR! Damn cats and their uncaring selves :(.

DAAAAAAANM that was Scary..... looking like an Alien right there..... Thanks i human too :( .... That kitten IS UGLY UGLY AND UGLY .... lol i gotta show this pic on MSN........ What do u mean Goofy that Kitten was killed or it died ?

here

And Moody, animals rarely mourn the death of offspring when it is only one out of a litter. The mother probably barely even noticed that her little mutant child didn't show up for dinner.

That's not strictly true. It mostly depends on the species, how that species procreates (does it have one baby, many, lay eggs etc). Many animals reject their babies when there is something wrong with them. It may sound awful but animals know when it's best to let a baby go. I don't distinguish between animals and humans - humans are animals and when you think about it, humans do the same thing, it's just that humans 'justify' it. There is a huge number of abortions for congenital diseases and you'd be shocked at the number of parents the give up their babies because they have some sort of deformity etc. Even then, the parents that do keep their children often wonder if it was better if their child died.

With regards to mourning, you don't give other animals enough credit. Elephants always mourn their dead, certain species of birds will die of loneliness if their mates die, cats will often pine for dead family members. For example, when one of our cats had babies, one of them had severe deformities. The mother cat rejected it and let the baby die but she wouldn't let my mother take it away and kept treating it like it was still alive. My mother finally mangaed to skulk off with the dead kitten and bury it. When she got home, our cat had dug the dead kitten up and was mothering it.

You'd be surprised how smart and emotional other animals can be. People argue instinct all the time, but if that were the case then humans are just as instinctive and I've seen far to many other animals go against their instincts and normal behaviour. I hear also a lot of people saying that humans are different because they're altrustic. I've seen plenty of other animals show altruism. Just the other day, some pukekos (a bird here in New Zealand) that we were feeding would pull off bits of bread to share with other pukekos. Or the lioness who adopted a baby oryx - not only did she go against her instinct to eat it, she also kept away from other lions knowing that they would kill it (lions are very social so it's not normal for them to be alone). You can read an article about it here

As for the deformed kitten. Yes it does seem dubious as this would be something easy to photoshop. But at the same time, I've seen worse so it wouldn't surprise me. Sad that it died but perhaps at the same time, the best thing for it.

Thats the wiredest looking kitty i ever seen. Wow, thats sad its only live for how many dads or hours. A cat with one eye? Thats the few first animal i seen that was 1 eye. Maybe in the future we will see these more 1 eye. Don't know we might.

That's sad. Only living for that short amount of time...I don't really think the kitten looked that ugly. Poor cat. I love animals, so it's sad for me to hear about things like that happening to animals. Also, I would hate to keep it in the freezer, Plus, the cat should be BURIED and not placed in the FREEZER. I know scientist may want to study it, but still. Anyway, there's my opinion on the matter.

its sad when i always see things like this especially when u see a baby be born and be deformed similar to this cat i feel sorry for the cat and its even sadder thinking and sometimes knowing that the thing/human is going to die. props on the info goood looks :(

So what exactly is so ding-dang cool about this? So, a cat is born with a deformity. It happens regularly in all species of animals. I just don't understand why people like to blow silly things like this out of proportion.