xisto Community
Mich

Website Review

This will have to wait until I am back from my trip away from this cold here in Michigan.

221789[/snapback]

Away from the cold? Nice and warm here in Australia, going to be 33C/91F tomorrow. Absolutley perfect! Sometimes I just like gloat about how good the weather is here. :D

I will be getting back with you then on joining your banner account.  I also have a banner exchange page of my own that I would be glad to place a graphic link to your site on.  I will need a banner or button of some kind from your site;  but we can discuss that when I get back.  I am leaving maybe Wed afternoon or Thur morning.  Keep sending me corrections and ideas, please.

221789[/snapback]

I have that covered. :(

When you go the "Banner Accounts" page on my site there is a range of banners and buttons that can be used to advertise my site. :(

Hi Mich,I like your website, it shows love for nature, caring and it is distinguished. It gives me a warm feeling. You succeeded in combining technique and art.Most webdesigns I saw are focussed on high tech (kind of nerdy) and I think when I'm going to design a website it will be nerdy too because I'm a technical person with less focus on feelings.You can see it is important for you to build a personal website and not a website that is one of all. So from that perspective your site will be remembered easily.Ok now the technical stuff: I browsed it with firefox and I had no problems, all went well

Page is too massiv. Purple, green, white - it`s doesn`t go in one. Take off that green backgorund, and Bold purple borders and it will be ok, change colors in one word.

Away from the cold? Nice and warm here in Australia, going to be 33C/91F tomorrow. Absolutley perfect! Sometimes I just like gloat about how good the weather is here. :(

You're in Melbourne - try telling that to Michaela Krajicek. :(

the design is nice good job. the content on there is nice. alot to read and informative. its really great cant really say anything bad about i'd give it a 9/10. Great job and good luck with ya site.

By the way, if you're interested my site has a free banner rotation service for graphics related sites like yours. The banners are averaging 1500+ views a month, which can only help to promote your site.

I am back from my vacation and need to design a banner that meets your specifications. I have already put a banner/link on my banner exchange page to your site. Any suggestions for a nice banner for mine? My sig is the only one I have at the moment. Will you be hotlinking to the banner or downloading it to your site for use? Oh and, can I change banners at a later date?

Thank you for putting one of my banners on your site, it is much appreciated. :huh:

When you create your banner account you need to provide the URL to your banner, so yes, it will be hotlinked. The reason I do this so you can change your banner at any time you choose. However, if you have hotlink protected your directories there could be a problem with this. If you'd rather not hotlink the banner, I could upload the banner to my site for you, but of course you won't be able to change your banner at will then. Another option is to host the banner on a site like imageshack as I have below.

As for a banner, perhaps something like this will do the job? (Probably looks a bit familiar ;))

Posted Image

Edited by Avalon (see edit history)

hey nice site.. jus have some objections like the background and layout.. i like stuff that has a good structure, background, colour scheme and etc.. yu jus need to sort out the background and layout

As for a banner, perhaps something like this will do the job? (Probably looks a bit familiar :huh:)

Posted Image

Hey, I really like the font you used. What is it? That is cool. I am not familiar with imageshack. Will take a visit over there and look around. Meanwhile, Thanks for the sample. Will probably use it, if you don't mind, to start with.

hey nice site.. jus have some objections like the background and layout.. i like stuff that has a good structure, background, colour scheme and etc.. yu jus need to sort out the background and layout.

Just what makes a good background and layout? Please go into more detail about what you mean. I guess I am a little dense.

its ok....not my taste thou...but u seem to be doing fine managing your site...some of thhe links or pages dont work..i guess becuase your still workin on them...hopefully u look at some tutorial sites about html so u can enhance ur site much better and to how u exactly want it to b....good luck wit it =)

Hey, I really like the font you used. What is it? That is cool. I am not familiar with imageshack. Will take a visit over there and look around. Meanwhile, Thanks for the sample. Will probably use it, if you don't mind, to start with.

The font is called Vivaldi, you can download it from the link below.

ok, i'm going to give my honest opinion as always ;)

before i review it, remeber this is my own personal opinion . . . ok

First Impressions:

i opened your site and could hear some horrible thign in the background of my music. paused it, to find your site playing it . . . . its horrible ;) (the music), that type of thing is a pet hate, but tis even worse if you don't have the ability to turn it off. . . . the style of the page was somewhat old too. you don't see many sites with this style anymore. . . .

Graphics

Not my cup of tea really. i agree what has been said about the site having a "homely" feel to it, but i would associate that home with a grandparents house. The graphic textures are also not my type of thing, as are the borders. The graphics are at a good resolution and the signature is a nice image. Tiled backgrounds of the style on your page also make it look old-fashioned, as do the frame graphics.

Layout/formatting

. . .sorry again . . .the layout is quite ancient too :huh: the block top to bottom site format is not very user friendly as you lack a common navagation at the top or side, and thats very important for useability. The Home button at the bottom of alot of pages takes you to a completely differernt site, which confused the hell outta me.

Content

Alot of content, which is always good for a website! even if i don't quite like the content your giving out.

Improvements

Now, while i ahve criticised the graphics alot, i will not advise anything on them ,as i'm sure their jsut your personal preference.

BUT the layout and design could be thought about better to make the site more useable.

for example common navagation at the top of the page, or the left would be a great idea.

That would be my main way to improve your site, with out changign your style, which would be wrong.

theres my opinion/review.

you say your an amteur and i believe you, but for an amteur you've done a hell of alot of work, and its all done very well with no problems in my browsers. i mean, you've got a ton of rewards from some sources so obviosuly some people do liek your website (altho rewards don't always mean much). You look like you've got skill, so why not try and advance your ability and learn more about what makes a website good or bad. . . . . sure you could make some more modern looking graphics too ;)

good luck with it all in the future, defintly keep it up!

...some of thhe links or pages dont work..i guess becuase your still workin on them...

If you could tell me which ones it would help a lot since I could spend hours looking for them. Thanks.

First Impressions:

i opened your site and could hear some horrible thing in the background of my music. paused it, to find your site playing it . . . . its horrible :huh: (the music), that type of thing is a pet hate, but tis even worse if you don't have the ability to turn it off. . . .

There is a place to turn it off beyond the center, but it only plays on the first table of contents anyway. Just put the music up, since most people seem not to like it, I will remove it.

the style of the page was somewhat old too. you don't see many sites with this style anymore. . . .

Graphics

Not my cup of tea really. i agree what has been said about the site having a

"homely" I hope this is a typo.

feel to it, but i would associate that home with a grandparents house.The graphic textures are also not my type of thing, as are the borders. The graphics are at a good resolution and the signature is a nice image. Tiled backgrounds of the style on your page also make it look old-fashioned, as do the frame graphics.
Maybe that is because I am a grandmotherly person &8^)

Layout/formattingThe Home button at the bottom of alot of pages takes you to a completely differernt site, which confused the hell outta me.

Point well taken.

good luck with it all in the future, defintly keep it up!

Thanks for the encouragement. I will try to modernize, but it will be hard to teach an old dog new tricks. Edited by Mich (see edit history)

i really like the design, the border around the page concerns me a bit, for those who have a smaller screen will it automaticly resize to it or will it stay as wide as it is?i cant really read the text down at the bottom of the page, but that could just be me or maybe the color of the font against the green background i would suggest making it a little bigger.i dont see any broken links, spelling looks fine ( i check those just for the heck of it) i also like some of the images you have on there! good job if you made them which i hope ya did :-D 1-10 i would give it an 8

i really like the design, the border around the page concerns me a bit, for those who have a smaller screen will it automaticly resize to it or will it stay as wide as it is?

Yes, it is configured by percentage, so it will resize down to 640 with if necessary.

i cant really read the text down at the bottom of the page, but that could just be me or maybe the color of the font against the green background i would suggest making it a little bigger.

I assume you mean in the index at the bottom. I have played with it for a while and decided this fits the best. If you are having trouble reading it you can go to the top of IE where it says View, scroll down to Text Size, and pick a larger size. You will see what I mean about the fit. Putting a new index on every page will take some time and I am busy right now trying to get the site completely up. Will deal with some of the suggestions people have made when I get that done.

i dont see any broken links, spelling looks fine ( i check those just for the heck of it) i also like some of the images you have on there! good job if you made them which i hope ya did :-D 1-10 i would give it an 8

Thanks for the rating. Others have been harsher.