xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
itssami

How To Place Ads In Forum`?

Hello...I have a forum on trap 17, and i want to put ads like google ads , such that they appear on every page when a user creates a new post ? and appears on top of every page?Can you please advice me how to place ads in a forum? Thanks

there may be a topic about your problem in forum,advise u to search...well,if you know how the html language works,you can apply for google adsence and paste those codes google offerd to your page.just like what Inspiron said.

for punbb,there is a mod named Adsense after First Postthat mod description is

Displays an Adsense ad in its own post after the first post in every topic.

you can download it from the punres.org,punbb is a amazing project.and if you ever used phpbb,ye,the group of project creator is from phpbb.and so there must be the same mod on phpbb.

for ipb,i'd used that so a long time but coz it's a commercial programme,so there are not the mod support for the IPB1.3 version i think.but if you'd log into the ACP,that you can edit the pages on forum,so there would be a place for your ads.just check the "Templates"-->"forums" or " Global " somewhere like that.

If you use the Simpleboard Forum component for Mambo, there is a text box where you can enter the HTML for the Adsense banner. I think you can also find a whole bunch of modules that will display it on any page in your Mambo site.

How can one add code in Phpbb2? there is no option anywhere for changing header or footer? Does by Modification in css one can have ads in blank space? I dont know html or php much but wanna learn. Please someone help.

Does by Modification in css one can have ads in blank space?

no need to modify the css.that we all know the phpbb2 is opensource,so greatly you can change the style or contents all by you want.

you will find a "template" directory on the phpbb install tar package.

open it you can find which file (may be header.php?) you should modify to add an "everypage ads",before that to do you must learn the html first,if you like,started with w3c school

good luck.

Thanks so much for this topic. I have been searching for this, all my life :lol: No just kidding. Hey thanks. I didn't know that it was board wrapper. I looked all over for how to do this and I couldn't find it. Does this work on headers and footers too? That is where I would like to put them on mine. And does it work in between posts too? I will have to see and find out. Thanks again guys.

for punbb,there is a mod named Adsense after First Postthat mod description is you can download it from the punres.org,punbb is a amazing project.and if you ever used phpbb,ye,the group of project creator is from phpbb.and so there must be the same mod on phpbb.
for ipb,i'd used that so a long time but coz it's a commercial programme,so there are not the mod support for the IPB1.3 version i think.but if you'd log into the ACP,that you can edit the pages on forum,so there would be a place for your ads.just check the "Templates"-->"forums" or " Global " somewhere like that.

Lots of thanks 'guangdian'.
i read your comments and installed punbb through ftp. I placed two adsensebanners, one at announcement and other at footer. Its much simpler to place ads. i also felt punbb to be quite faster than invisionfree boards. i am using forums since couple of years. this new software is quite light yet effective. Although its against this forum's rules, to post or advertise external links, else I would had given the url as a demo. As I got a new account, my board is new. Once members start posting to it I shall add third banner between replies. (Adsense limit is 3 ads on a page). Only you have to do is to place the code below announcement with a division tag '<div>' (to avoid page cascading). For footer, you have to make a adsense.php in notepad and paste code in it. upload it to styles/include/user by ftp. thats all.
itssami you can PM me. I will tell you in detail how to add ads.

regards