xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Chirantha

Will Rapidshare Sue Me? I did something illegal but I didnt kn.

Hi,Yesterday I had to download "3" 98MB files (My Documents backup). I am on 512KB/s ADSL connection but Rapidshare was very slow 10KB/s. Also I can't seem to use download accelerators on Rapidshare so I wanted to get a Premeum Account I serched the web for a free account login username and password but I found a account creator. I created an account and went to download my 3 files but I got a message saying I have an illegal account and there for I will get in trouble and I should by a legal account.I don't know~~ What to do. The most stupid thing is that message. Grrr..... Why do thay ask me to buy an account because if I had money I would have already bought it. I hope they won't sue me because I'm only 15 years old. And also live in Sri Lanka. Thank you,Chirantha

I don't think anything will happen. The people in Rapidshare would probably ignore the problem unless being reported by the orginal user. There are alot of users to Rapidshare. Definately they wouldn't check them one by one until someone report a case. The error probably just a script running on their servers to notify the users if there are any errors or exceptions that occurs. It would be best if you can screenshot the error and paste it here to clarify.So don't worry. The internet is big. A little problem wouldn't result in a lawsuit unless it's really big and broken any laws. Breaking rules and regulations or terms and conditions of a company or service will only result in ban of account, or in worst case, removal of user subscription. It certainly will not come up into having police coming to your home. So don't worry. :D

unless of course you used a credit card you do not own (which is criminal in nature, in any country's law books) to create a working rapidshare premium account, then you will be in a lot more trouble than you'll expect. regardless of age, you will still be liable to such an act.

you should just content yourself with the free version of rapidshare, until the time you can afford to have a premium account there.

I highly doubt it. You didn't download the music, and they don't have time to go chasing down kids who didn't take anything. If you would have gotten the songs, now that is a different story. But I wouldn't worry about it. I am sure lots of people try the same thing you did because they wouldn't have a message if there wasn't a lot trying that. And they can't go chasing everyone and their dog who just gets an illegal account. I suspect just the ones taht actually download it.

I highly doubt it.  You didn't download the music, and they don't have time to go chasing down kids who didn't take anything.  If you would have gotten the songs, now that is a different story.  But I wouldn't worry about it.  I am sure lots of people try the same thing you did because they wouldn't have a message if there wasn't a lot trying that.  And they can't go chasing everyone and their dog who just gets an illegal account.  I suspect just the ones taht actually download it.

217929[/snapback]

Yeah i agree.... There are alot of illigal stuff goin on online. I kno how you feel. I got scared once because I had aol dial up for a while without payin. I thought they were gonna sue me too lol. But most companies will just ask you to stop. As a warning. Then they might take action and do some legal rights on u.

They are located in Germany, I don't think that they will do anything, even against people who live in Germany. There is no court of law who would care about some "illegal rapidshare accounts" :)

This topic is going to be closed to the nature of the content that is being posted here.

RE: will rapidshare sue me?

Will Rapidshare Sue Me?

Rapidshare are the ones who should be sued. Their business model is to host files, many of which they are aware are illegal. It is up to the copyright owners to chase them and ask for the files to be removed. And when this happens, there is no penalty for rapidshare or the user who uploaded the copyrighted works - and furthermore, nothing to discourage them from uploading the work again. The burden is completely on the creator of the digital work. Very unfair.

-reply by Karl

Rapidshare works very slow.

Will Rapidshare Sue Me?

Well, I read all of those comments but noone is helped my pc speed was 800kb/s on rapidshare a few days ago and now its very slow like 10kb/s I take like an hour to download a file of 100mb I got million of movies and I want to download them fastly and I want your help anyone know what do I do to make the speed faster..

If your answer is buy a premium then, sorry I don't have a credit card to buy a premium any other way?

Thankyou ill be waiting for respon-.

-question by Munawar