xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mystmag

Motorola Razr Is the RAZR any good?

I recently got a Motorola RAZR on the "Couples Plan" from Cingular Wireless for myself and my wife. Not to criticize Motorola or Cingular, but besides being the thinnest phone on the market, is the Motorola RAZR any good? Honestly, I do believe that it has a wonderful sleek design, and that the system and applications that it runs on is state-of-the-art, but I do not know if I would recommend it to any other person. If the RAZR excells in any category, it would be design, or applications.If there are any other Motorola RAZR users, can they please tell me their views on the Motorola RAZR? I heard that Motorola is coming out with a new phone, the Motorola PEBL, with an automatic opening system...will that be any good? Any opinions? And people looking to get a phone soon, are you considering purchasing the Motorola RAZR?The price of the RAZR is unbelievable...over $800.00! Any responses?Please respond ASAP! I don't want the return period to finish with no responses!Stephen

I have seen a lot of deals on the Razr lately and they have mostly been of the type that would get you a Razr for free with a 2 year contract. I certainly would not pay 800 for one. I have a friend who got one when they first came out and checked it out then and I was impressed by how thin it is but it was almost 2 times as wide as my current crappy LG phone. I did like the buttons and the large color screen, I just didn't think it was really great enough to warrant the huge price tag it carried back then.I'm not in the know for cell phones these days, so I can not really comment on any new products coming out. But as far as the Razr goes, I would take one for free with a contract, but I really would not pay for one.

Exactly. However I have seen some deals for a RAZR for only $100 or so on a 3-year term, but I'm not sure that Cingular gives them out for that cost...

True, the only appeal to the RAZR is cosmetically. I want to return my RAZR and get some crappy Motorola phone from Cingular...it might not be as thin as the RAZR, but it works, and I'm happy with that XD

Any other mobile phone users? What are your views on the Motorola RAZR?

Stephen

I have seen a lot of deals on the Razr lately and they have mostly been of the type that would get you a Razr for free with a 2 year contract.  I certainly would not pay 800 for one.  I have a friend who got one when they first came out and checked it out then and I was impressed by how thin it is but it was almost 2 times as wide as my current crappy LG phone.  I did like the buttons and the large color screen, I just didn't think it was really great enough to warrant the huge price tag it carried back then.

I'm not in the know for cell phones these days, so I can not really comment on any new products coming out.  But as far as the Razr goes, I would take one for free with a contract, but I really would not pay for one.

217752[/snapback]

Actually, the RAZR v3's are getting really cheap now. It's $100 through Cingular itself right now, which is pretty good compared to what it was originally. Also, if you go through other onlines stores that aren't Cingular, you can get them a lot cheaper, if not free. For example, BestBuy.com has them for ~$60. But, wirefly.com has them for FREE!I personally own a RAZR, and as for the topic of this thread, I think the RAZRs WERE good, but have been surpassed. The looks are still the best, of course, but as for how good it is, I think it's not very good compared to other phones. For example, the v3 has a VGA camera while other phones have over a megapixel camera. Also, the space on-board the phone is ~10MB (~7MB without mods), while other phones have it in the HUNDREDS. Also, other phones support using removable flash spaces, which would be nice, but of course the v3 doesn't support.But then again, this phone is pretty old for the cellphone market. And all these issues are being addressed in new models of the RAZR. The RAZR v3c from Verizon has a 1.3 megapixel camera as well as 50MB of space on the phone. There are also MANY other prototypes that are going to be coming out very soon that will address all these issues. I can't wait to see how awesome they make the new RAZRs :D.

Original RAZR v3 is a very controversial phone. I've heard many responses about that phone. And there two major ones: some people are overwhelmed with the dimensions of the phone and its slimness. They also like a big screen and high quality sound + bluetuth. Another type of response - mmotorola razr v3 has the most terrible camera for its class. Its low resolution, slow response and low overall quality. They also blame designers for miserable amount of space provided for pictures and other stuff.

the reason why everyone wants a razr is simply because it is "cool". it is the current "hot" phone and everyone seems to want it. But now, everyone has it.. I don't think this phone is worth the money. In fact, I would never buy any motorola phone because they ALL suck. If you are buying it as a "fashion" statement then that is different. IF you are buying it because you think it is a good phone, then you are better off choosing something else.my friend works at motorola (as an engineer) and gets all the latest phones from the warehouse. He has used them, designed them, and he says they are crap. They "function" but are pretty sub par in terms of actual "phone" features like making calls, reception, clarity, etc.

I just read something about the Razr the other day. It said that Motorola stock was slipping and the company was in trouble until they came out with the Razr. It seems American companies just can't compete with the prices of foreign sweat shops and child labor. So instead of trying to make a good phone as cheap as the foreign imports, they went with the coolest design they could, and targeted an up-scale market. Now they are talking to third world countries offering to put in the basic mobile phone technology for the country just to open up new markets for themselves. They even sell Razrs in India where the vast majority of the populaton can't ever afford them. But they are getting a reputation for being the coolest mobile phone company there, and people are buying their other cheaper phones, so they don't mind. They are also supposed to be working on cheaper phones that look like the Razr to sell in poorer countries, too. Using plastic cases that look like metal, for instance. They are also working on developing new designs, since any time an American company comes up with something that sells good in the US, foreign companies make imitations of the American product. So they expect cheap foreign knockoffs of the Razr soon.

Someone mentioned the V3i up there, it's the phone I intend to get next. I didn't buy an original Razr because i wanted video technology and a few other things that the V3 didn't have, but they've made some changes to an already good design so i think this time I will get one. Plus it comes in ice blue, pink, black and silver, so even better for the image obsessed!

first of all $800 is way too expensive, its approx Rs32,000in India its available for Rs10,000 onlysecondly, i've used motorola razr for some time and i found that display and its clearity was not as good as the new nokia phonessome of my friends also agreed with this!!on the othr hand, the phone looks kewl, its got a pretty good designrecently, i bought the new motorola slvr l7, so if u get a chance you must try it before you settle with the razr...........just a suggestion

The V3 Razr

Motorola Razr

I've had one since January, the magenta one, and at first I adored it and loved it. But now I really hate it and the low space it gives you and the camera quality. I wouldnt reccomend to ANYONE to get this phone, there are other nice phones you can get for the same price or less that would be much more worth it. I love the beig screen and the big buttons though, I'll miss them once my razr phone is gone which will be by christmas lol. That's just my opinion though, and I know a lot of people who feel the same way.

-reply by Ashlynne

want to get informationMotorola Razr

I want to buy motorola (motorazer v3) soon as my new year gift. So I want to get its full information. I have a motorola phone before, but unfortunately it was broken. I want to buy it again. I am in my job now and much work due. So I have no time to go mobile store. My friend is ready to buy it for me. I want to know its full details with photos. So please guide me to buy it and send full information. I am waiting.

Deepak Jena