xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Scrounger

Psp Vs Video Ipod what to buy....

in this topic i hope to be comparing the -Price-Size-Memory-Video Playback-Music Playback-Games-Accesoriesof the Sony PSP and the iPod videoMost comparissons online seem to be between the Nintendo Ds and the PSP but i tend to think this is unfair as the PSP has not been designed for the Sole purpose of Gaming, whereas the Ds is. I own a video Ipod and my brother owns a PSP so i have personally tested both products. Ok lets start with the price. According to Amazon.com the PSP costs ?179.99, including "Memory Stick, Battery Pack, Headphones, Demo Disc and More". The video iPod however costs ?210.22 , and the package contains the standard iPod earphones and a single USB connection for both charging and transferring music. The extra ?30 is only a small difference to pay considering the overall price, but ?30 could still buy you an extra Game or DVD for your PSP. Both products are fairly expensive however and a mere thirty quid seems unimportant when you are planning on spending so much already.I will compare the resst later, but at the moment i cant be bothered.Also i need to get something to eat...

well.. this is what i thinkPSP:Pro:Bigger Screen (play anime with subtitle and you could still read it)High resolutionPlay gamemp3picturesCon: low battery than ipodMemory cost alotless memoryVideo ipod (well.. i never seen one.. yet but this is what i think of it)Pro:More spaceplay mp3Could be used as an external hddSmaller than pspCon: smaller screen (i dont' think subtitle could be read)Well... i don't know if i would spend $200+ buying either of those. Since i already have an mp3 player, i dont' need to have an ipod .. even though it would be nice to have one. I would rather spend it on a laptop. =P. you could do many more things with it.I don't walk around much, so i dont' really need an ipod. Game get boring really fast for me..so psp would be a waste of money. That's why i would rather get a laptop =P.

hehe...both awesomereally have no convincing suggestion to offer ...if opt fav,psp is okey.after all ipod always issue new product continuously:)

I think the Ipod is better. But on PSP you can play games.

Here is a comparisition of wich whoa re the best:
-Price: Ipod is cheaper.
-Size: Ipod (Is much smaller and not so have as PSP)
-Memory: Ipod (On PSP you need to buy an external very expansive Memory Stick pro duo card, Ipod have it build in (memory)
-Video Playback: I do not know, but Ipod can play Movies: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/, perhaps the PSP is better becouse it have a much bigger screen.
-Music Playback: Ipod (PSP need a card)
-Games: PSP, Ipod can not play games??
-Accesories: I think PSP, but i am not sure.
-Battery: Do you play games, watch movies or listening on music? 2-12 hours on PSP. Ipod is much more.

But PSP have many other advantages, such as bigger screen, can play games and watch UMD movies. I suggest the Ipod.

i dont think these two products are even in the same category. First of all, how many people carry their psp around to listen to music? Not very many. Secondly, how many people carry around their ipod to watch a movie on it. Not very many. An ipod is mainly used for listening to music while one has to walk to class, run, or travel, etc. Not to watch a movie since the screen is sooo small and who has the time in a day to watch a movie when they arent at home anyway. A psp is used by a different class of people. They carry it around to play games before class, traveling, etc. and not for music or even movies. So in the end these are two separate products in separate categories so they shouldnt be compared.

I have a Play Station Portable and I've seen the Video IpodI would rather have the PSP becuase of all the games and movies and musicThe Ipod has the same, but you get more out of the PSP. like you can go online if you are around a place that has a wireless routerYou can also buy bigger memory sticks for the PSP and you can put just as much songs on your ipod as your PSPSo I would rather buy a PSP than and Ipod

i am a sony fan all the way and i will stick with them even if they go crap. However!! the psp is absolutley pants (rubbish, crap,toss watever u wanna call it).i have not bought a video ipod but they look quite good and i think i am going to get one. especially since my origianl ipod broked :blink: .EASY CHOICE : video ipod is much better than psp - game over

Well I have both of them...Yes I'm spoiled lolOut of them I would choose the PSP just because of all the features it has compared to the Ipod like the PSP has a Web Browser and has better video better graphics and can play full movies and better games. You can even buy bigger Memory Sticks for your PSP and you can have just as much songs as you Ipod. So overall I would just choose the PSP becuase of all the features and all that good stuff :ph34r::blink:

I think that both are good, it's just a matter of which one you think fits your "needs" better. For example, personally I would want something mainly to play music, a video maybe occasionally and gaming even less. So for me the ipod would probably be a better choice because of my age and the places where I might have free time I wouldn't want to be playing games because it is a clear indication that I am not working haha. Also even if the PSP has expandable memory, for shear space it can't compete with the ipod

Well of course it depends on what you do on it, personally i think the ipod is the better choice, seeing as it has muich more capacity per price... you could back up your entire PC with that kinda stuff!!! it is designed to play mp3s and newly added is video, psdp is mainly for da games and btw their $50 a pop, not fun not fun at all.