xisto Community
arnz

Rollercoaster Tycoon Theme park type simulations

I didn't mind playing those games, they were great fun and very entertaining, I remember in Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 i think i would build roller coasters and i made them huge, although at the time i didn't know that you could kill people from having it really steep and then builds speed from going down and then into a straight and fly off. Now i was only 9 or so but that was great fun for me, so i made it my goal to see how many carts i could crash before all my guests left the park. Then i learnt of the water rides and how people would keep paddling after you demolish the ride or block off the exit. But my real enjoyment was building mazes that would go for a whole theme park, and then jack up the price once it was really popular.

I love roller coaster tycoon. Back when I was about 10 I spend an awful lot of time on it and managed to complete the entire game (Including all the expansions). I built things like four synchronized roller coasters, and a 2 mile roller coaster with an average speed of 200kmh.Unfortunately I don't play it as much now, I prefer real time strategy, but I plan on getting Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 when I get a computer that can support it.I was going to get Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, but I didn't hear that it was that great compared to Roller Coaster Tycoon 1, so I decided I would just stick to playing One

i used to play that game constantly, however i really havent played in a long time. i remember it from so long ago, i was actually playing new years eve at midnight when the supposed Y2K bug was supposed to hit. LOL!thats one example of a very addictive game :lol:

The third one is so much better than the first two, you can actually ride the rides, make fireworks displays and put your own music in. It's also a lot more realistic looking. It's just too bad that it completely stopped working on my computer after a few months. I don't know what happened. I think it was a problem on my side.

I love the rollercoaster tycoon games. I find them enjoyable and personally, I feel they are quite realistic. In real life, it must be terribly difficult to run a theme park and concentrate on finances, marketing campaigns, attendance and whatnot. The game itself, I find, is quite a difficult one. In order to succeed, you need to be able to master the skill of balancing between these items. You can't put a No Entry sign at the exit just to stop guests leaving the park (so that the attendance will reach an all time high), as you will find that guests will complain that they're lost or stuck and in turn, your park rating will go down and then you won't get as much money so your park and company values will decrease aswell.I don't think I like the newest rollercoaster tycoon, Rollercoaster tycoon 3, as much as the other two. Although it's 3D which some people like, I quite liked the 2D birds eye view of the park. I really don't think that this Rollercoaster tycoon is user friendly. I find it quite complicated. However, there really are some good features in here. I quite like the fireworks display and I can't moan at being able to actually see what my rollercoaster ride would be like.I'm sure there will be another rollercoaster tycoon game, or another tycoon game that is more user friendly than Rollercoaster tycoon 3 that will be out in the future. Even though Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 isn't the most user friendly pieces of software, I'd still highly recommend anyone to go out and by any tycoon games. They're ever so realistic, you feel that you're actually there in charge of it all and you find that you don't get as bored playing them as you do when you play other games.

This game rocks. The first, the second, and the third. I like the second the most, but RCT3 is not bad. Just a bit slow on my computer :lol:.Anyways, The game is great for any roller coaster fanatic. I love to complete the missions, and make some really fun rides. Sometimes I will make a family that has the highest intensity toleration. And make them ride my crazy ride hah. But the best one about third it think, is to get the rollercoaster (forgot the name) that is very fast, and can turn. And make it fly into the crowd. And put it on the view where you look like you are riding the coaster. Gave me many laughs.When I play Rollercoaster Tycoon2, I like theming most of my roller coasters. I have a custom Batman, Hulk, Hell ride, I could go on. It's endless fun. I recommend it to everybody.

i use to ahve version 2 of this and i have to say its a very good game to play. i had to play it for a month because of no internet. its very good if you are bored of any other games such as text based games. id reccomend this to almost anyone who gets bored easy but be warned after a while this game gets repeditive!.post from your only kiev11

I love Rollercoaster Tycoon. It's addicting once you start playing. Building roller coasters, and actually "riding" them, in the later expansions. It's just so fun to play, the goals and stuff, seeing how it "would be" to run a theme park.

I used to love this game. I also got my mate addicted.When number 2 came out, I bought it. I don't really play computer games anymore so I've gone off it, but it was rather awesome.

I used to play this game a lot, and I loved it. It was a lot of fun to make new parks, and to build your park up and get more people! Lol you could do a lot in that game, like pick people up and put them in different places. I lost the game disc though so I couldn't play anymore which made me reall sad. Though I might try to look for it again now that ou mention it. My favourite place to build a theme park was in the desert, everyone loved the water log! Hehe. I think that had to be my most successful park, even when it was raining I got a lot of customers. Well thanks again for reminding me about this game, and you aren't the only one who loves it!

I've played this game it first came out, and also played the sequel and the add on packs with scenarios and missions. In addition, I've also had played the game that started the theme park simulations (Theme Park).
Is there anyone else out there who loves this game as much as I do? Its interesting to change the land and terrain around to get rides into interesting positions or have Roller Coasters on a very HIGH steel/cement supports. Its so rewarding to watch a park that you started grow from a small park to a bustling busy tourist attraction. Very addictive..

Are You Talking About Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 I Just Love That Game I Played 24/7 Untill My Baby Broyher Lost And I Was So Mad I Cant Explain I Always Wanted To Try Roller Coaster Tycoon the Orignal :P

I also used to love this game, it was really fun to make your parks and watch them grow succesfully. I also played theme park which was fun but not as fun as rollercoaster tycoon. I never thought that a theme park game could be so addicting. I thought it was really funny when you built your rides and people came out barfing, but then they would make an awful mess, and then you would also need to get the janitor to clean up their mess. I also had a couple of accidents with the rides I made, I guess I made them a little too extreme.

this is probably one of my favorite series of games.i've been playing them since the first one came out... got most of the expansions and i've downloaded a lot of user created scenery for the 3rd game.I like them all... the first one had a special magic to it that the 2nd and 3rd have never achieved, but the 2nd version improved upon the first.... weird how that worksthe 3rd one well it has its quirks but it also has a lot of upsides too but my computer is pretty powerful so i can run it.sadly i don't think we'll ever see a 4th version theres a lot of legal red tape from what ive read on some rct fan forums... its a shame too