xisto Community
malapidp

Various Religions, beliefs and conviction discussions of faith and opinions

Ohhh,,, Bad to hear that from you, anyway, tell me what is your religion? I am a Roman Catholic, I 'm not perfect, I'm a sinner but I believe in GOD my mind, my soul and my heart knows who's GOD is, anyway, I respect what you believe about GOD, but you must believe.

Do you read bible? Do you know the existence of human being? Do you believe in mans evolutions from ape to human? Do you believe the life after death? Do you believe in the holy spirit? Do you belive in the human soul? last thing tell me if you do believe in demons?

Many questions arises yet some are still un-answered why? because there are things that human cannot explains, if you read the bible without understanding and asking for the holy spirit you will not able to understand it.  If you think that jesus is a false prophet, I am so sorry about you, may be you learn the wrong thing or may be you somebody lets you believed what you believiing right now.

Do you feel something inside your heart? like love, hate, anger and something that no one can fill it up? just stop reading this post of mine and think for 5 seconds, close your eyes, ask your self where do I came from? who created me? what inside my heart? Why I feel inlove? What is the purpose of being me? Who I'm I in this world?

Did you find the answers? maybe some but most are not why? because only GOD can.  Close your eyes again and feel the feelings inside your heart, are your happy? satisfied?  If you feel that there is no empty space inside your heart then your a lucky one.  your so great and wow, unique.  But if you feel that there is an empty space inside your heart and no one can fill it up, maybe because you need GOD.

In addition to my reply to your post, done a lots of wrong doing.  I hear about this article, but I don't believe on it. like politics there is a so called black propaganda to destroy the reputations of the individual, and the articles that tells that jesus done a lot of wrong doing is just part of that black propaganda to destroy he's reputation, to make those who believe in him turn away to him, to bring hesitations to others, in short to stop believe in him and this was may done by those who against him.

anyway, we have our own beliefs, we have our own ideas about GOD.  What you said is based on your beliefs and what I am saying is based on my beliefs.  Do be mad at me, this is how I believe in GOD even I am a sinners and I've done a lot of things against him, but still in my heart, my mind and my soul Still for GOD and GOD alone.:unsure:

159683[/snapback]

A religion is what you live your life by. I live my life by my personal relationship with Jesus Christ and His Word, the Bible. I guess that's the technical definition for a Christian.

I do read the Bible, often... Yes, I know that human beings exist, I have it from a very reliable source... :P I believe God created man in a literal 24 hour period and that if there have been any changes it has simply been minor adaptations over the years which do not change the species. I believe what the Bible says that there is a life after death and know the Holy Spirit since He dwells within me. I think most people would admit there is such a thing as a soul even as I do, and yes I do believe in demons.

As for reading the Bible without understanding, if you are making that statement to the born again believer as well as the unsaved, then you are dead wrong.

James 1:5  If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

1 John 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

Jeremiah 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Jesus Christ is not a false prophet, He is a true one, and more then that, He is the only begotten Son of God, the Messiah and Saviour of all who come to Him, Alpha and Omega, He who existed in the beginning with the Father, who is in the sense we think of :

Hebrews 7:3 Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually.

Now I have some questions for you, my friend. Do you believe that Jesus is the only person you need to know to reach Heaven? That if someone didn't know about Mary or popes or priests or anything else but Jesus Christ that they could find eternal life? Do you believe that anyone else but Jesus can be perfect in this life? And finally, do you believe that it is faith in Christ's finished payment on the cross that saves you and not anything you can do, such as baptism, good works, saying certain prayers, or performing certain rituals?

Hi,
To be honest I couldn't really care at all what God's people believe in or what they think of other people's Gods. I know what I believe in and I know that that is unique to me and no one else. I am not a Christian or a Muslim, and I do not go to church, but it doesn't mean that I don't believe in God. I believe what I believe and nothing else. I will let other people worship who they like, I don't like to stick my nose in. (Don't worry - I wasn't in a mood when I typed this - I was just tired). Thanks for your time, Sean. (Alive)

It really exists. I can't imagine some people don't believe in GOD, WHY??? GOD gave everything for us even his life just to save us, God love's even your a sinner, God wants you to be in his kingdom and nothing else, he wants nothing but to save us.

I can't imagine myself living without having God in my life, I am a sinner I done a lot of mistakes, but Still believe in God. There is only one purpose for having life like this, for having good living to server God and worship him to be able to live with him in his kingdom.

This is not the kind of living we have, we are just preparing for something better than the earth, heaven. Life does not end after death, there is another life after death to tell you my friend. each of us have a purpose of being here in this crazy world, you must find your own purpose of life before it's too late, who are you? doesn't mean your name or your personality, but who are you as a son of GOD, what is your purpose in life.

What really the purpose you do have right now?

GOD is waiting for those who don't know him yet...MonOfSTEEL

Now I have some questions for you, my friend.  Do you believe that Jesus is the only person you need to know to reach Heaven?  That if someone didn't know about Mary or popes or priests or anything else but Jesus Christ that they could find eternal life?  Do you believe that anyone else but Jesus can be perfect in this life?  And finally, do you believe that it is faith in Christ's finished payment on the cross that saves you and not anything you can do, such as baptism, good works, saying certain prayers, or performing certain rituals?

I believe in Jesus Christ the only son of GOD, my soul, my mind and my heart. I believe that his only one we need to reach the kingdom of heaven. I believe also that the love of Jesus Christ the son of GOD shows love to us which we cannot tell or even measured. The love of GOD heals the sick, bring peace to everyone, and makes us complete.

What ever other people say, they cannot changed what I am believing for, how I believe in God, I am a sinner I know that but I love GOD and hoping to be in his kingdom... please pray for me.

a man like me needs you to pray to be able to see the light of GOD and walk through him.... endaya_jr@yahoo.com:P

hi everyone ...

i am a muslim living in australia. i have recently begun to explore and try to look for the confilct between Christianity and islam and i was a really suprised when i discover how much similarities between these two great religion.

but i could not understand the concept of Trinity. i ask several christian about it and it was shocking that most of them do not know what this concept means. they just believe it as a something which cannot be explained. however some people do asnwer my question. then, i get confused again when i saw the movie " the passion of the Christ", Juses was calling somebody at the bigenning of the movie " father ...  father". logic would clash with that. was he calling himself? seems not.

them i said i should go to the Bible. i realised that it is not the word of Juses, so i tried to find Juses' words because if he is a god, he would not let people in a such confusing situation. what i discovered was: Juses never said anything about Trinity which is just an idea that was developed after Juses leave. He never said i am a son of god. He never said i has been sent for the entire world.

Christians also claim that Juses has been crucified for the sins of humans? can anyone explain to me which sins are forgiven?

i am not trying to be rude or unrespected for Christianity and if i did i am asking for forgivness. i just wanna the image to be clearfied and things to be understood.

thanks

66300[/snapback]

God bless you all for at least thinking about the question of God, and why you're on earth. First of all, The son of God is spelled J E S U S, not Juses. When spelling God, you should always capitalize it, because it's a proper name, like yours. To Salem's comments: The Trinity refers to the Father (God), the Son (Jesus) and the Holy Spirit. They are Three in One. (Think of an egg, there are three parts; the shell, the whites and the yolk, all separate, but they are all one.) God is the head Guy, Jesus, His Son was sent to earth to die for our sins, all of our sins past, present and future. Just in case you doubt everyone is a sinner, the Book of Romans Chapter 3 Verse 23 says "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." Romans 6:23 says ?For the wages of sin is death (that means hell), but the gift of God is eternal life (that means Heaven) in Jesus Christ our Lord." We only need to accept this gift, by asking for forgiveness, and acknowledging Jesus as Savior. When you accept Jesus, the Holy Spirit then takes over to be with us on earth, He guides us. When we pray we speak to God through Jesus' cleansing blood that He shed on the cross. God sees Perfect Jesus instead of our sins, just one sin in our lives separates us from God, that is why we need Jesus. The Trinity is a very hard concept, don?t let it distract you from the truth. If you believe the Bible is the Word of God and is all truthful, then you must believe all of it. There are intelligent and learned people, that are not Christians, that have done alot of research and work to try to disprove the Bible and have only come to the conclusion that the Bible is authentic. If you would like their names E-mail me at homeschooler123@yahoo.com. In the Book of John Chapter 14 Verse 6 (Jesus is speaking)" I am the way, the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by Me." So Jesus speaks of His Holy Father. In verse 16 (Jesus is speaking again)" And I will ask the Father and He will give you another Counselor (the Holy Spirit) to be with you forever." So here Jesus refers to His Heavenly Father and a Counselor, who is the Holy Spirit. Also in John 3:16, (Jesus states) "For God so loved the world that He gave his one and only n Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life." That means the entire world and anyone that believes in Him will be Heaven with Him when they die. Don't take my word for it, always look up the verses for yourself, I use the New International Versions (NIV) because it is closer to our English. Read the verses around it to make sure it was not taken out of context. Good Luck in your search. Any other comments or questions, ask me, I will try to answer it to the best of my ability or will search out an answer for you. homeschooler

Well, the first time we exist in this world we already have sinned. No name, no religion, nothing... that is why in Roman Catholic we have the seven sacrament. these are the Baptism, Confirmation, Penance/Confession, Holy COmmunionm, Matrimony, Holy Orders and Anointing of the sick.

In Baptism we are drawn into the community of faith. We become part of the pilgrim People of GOD, which, in all times and in all places, goes forward in hope towards thThe Seven Sacramente fulfillment of hte "promise". It is our task to take our place responsibly and lovingly beside those who, from the beginning, "remained faithful to the teaching of the apostles, to the brotherhood, to the breaking of bread and to the prayer" (Acts2,42)

Baptism

If you want more details about the seven sacrament pls feel free to visit:

Umm... as far as baptism, this site probably answers it better than I could:

Baptismal Regeneration

Baptismal regeneration is simply a 50 cent term used to describe the belief that you are born again and receive your salvation at the moment of water baptism. There are certain verses that they use, out of context, that they feel substantiate their belief. But if you examine each of their verses in context, you will see that the verses clearly do not substantiate their claims. Not to mention the myriad of verses to which they must turn a blind eye, in order to continue believing their works oriented doctrine.

They use three main verses to try to establish their position:

1. Mark 16:16

2. Acts 2:38

3. I Peter 3:21

Mark 16:16 says, "He who believes and has been baptized shall be saved; but he who has disbelieved shall be condemned." You notice that this verse does not say, "and he who has not been baptized shall be condemned," which is exactly what the CHOCD would like for you to believe. Jesus is simply making a natural assumption that all believers will be baptized. I would concur with that assumption. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever that a believer should not get baptized, unless there is positively no water available, or in the case of a death bed conversion. In such cases the CHOCD shows absolutely no mercy. They will say that it was the individual's fault for waiting to the last minute. "Sorry, Bud, your prayers of repentance are falling on deaf ears 'cause you waited too long, there ain't no pool, river or baptistery for miles." Tell that to the thief on the cross! He didn't have the opportunity to be water baptized and yet because he cried out to Jesus for mercy, Jesus promised him that he would be in Paradise that very day with Him! Now the standard answer that the CHOCD member will pop out of his or her preprogrammed gray matter is that you can't use the thief on the cross as an example because Jesus made that promise to the thief while they were both still under the Old Covenant (which as we all know wasn't fulfilled until Jesus died). But you see, the key issue is not when Jesus made the promise to the thief. The key issue is, under which covenant did the thief die? We know for a fact that the thief died under the New Covenant. How do we know? Because the gospels tell us that when the soldiers came to break the three crucified victim's legs, they marveled that Jesus was already dead. They didn't marvel at the two thieves, because they were still alive. So if the New Covenant was ushered in at the death of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, then anyone who died from that point on, died under the New Covenant. And that would include the thief on the cross!

Next we take a look at Acts 2:38 in which the apostle Peter says to the remorseful crowd, "Repent, and let each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins." Now here is a verse they feel is stating that your sins are remitted at baptism. As we all know, if your sins are not forgiven, then you are not saved. But the question that needs to be asked here is: "Is it the baptism or the repentance that brings about the forgiveness?" Now we could get into the structuring of the sentence and try to argue our point from that perspective (the word "for" can be translated "because"), but usually a member of the CHOCD is not willing to accept that form of reasoning, so we go with a much more powerful position. If the forgiveness was brought through the baptism rather than the repentance, how do you explain the presentation that Peter gives in his very next sermon in Acts 3:19? He is speaking to a very similar group and says almost the same thing, but when he gives the plan of salvation, the topic of baptism is left out altogether! He said, "Repent therefore and return, that your sins may be wiped away." So we see from this second sermon, that it wasn't the baptism that brought the forgiveness, it was the repentance. Then in Acts 10:43 Peter once again states, "To Him all the Prophets witness that, through His Name, whoever believes in Him will receive remission of sin." Most people reading these Scriptures see the pattern that is developing... it is faith in Jesus that wipes away our sin!

Unfortunately, at this stage of the discussion some CHOCD members will take their pet doctrine of baptism from the extreme to the absurd. They actually will void the efficacy of someone's baptism, if the person didn't realize that their sins were remitted, at the moment of their baptism! I once asked a CHOCD preacher if he thought Billy Graham was saved, and his reply was, "Absolutely not!" When pressed for a reason for his conclusion he said, "Even though Billy Graham has been baptized, he doesn't preach baptism for the remission of sin, so he is not only not a true Christian, but he is also a false teacher!" So much for common sense.

Now we turn to I Peter 3:20&21, which states, "...in the days of Noah, during the construction of the ark, in which a few, that is, eight persons, were brought safely through the water. And corresponding to that, baptism now saves you, not the removal of dirt from the flesh, but an appeal to God for a good conscience- through the resurrection of Jesus Christ." First of all, we have to examine the comparison that Peter makes of the flood in Noah's day, to water baptism. Did the water save Noah? No, it almost drowned him. So what did the water do for Noah? It separated him from the world, just like water baptism is our declaration that we are separating ourselves from the world. We are dying to ourselves to live in Christ. This verse goes on to say that the water baptism doesn't actually wash our filthy sins from our flesh, but it renders a good conscience toward God because we were obedient to follow His command to be baptized. Jesus was baptized, and I guarantee you it wasn't for the remission of sin... for He was the perfect, sinless Lamb of God! Here again we must reiterate that no true believer should continue in an unbaptized state. Whereas we can see that God expects us to obey Him in this sacrament, nowhere do we see Him judge those without mercy, who have accepted His Son as their Savior. Bottom line? If you have accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior...get baptized. It's the right thing to do! The CHOCD somehow seems to think that they are the only ones who baptize their members. I have never attended a Church that didn't baptize their members. It is a command that we simply should not, can not, and will not ignore. But we will also cannot point to it (baptism) and say, "That is what saved me." If you are going to point...point to the Cross.

In Colossians 2:11, the Apostle Paul correlates baptism in the New Testament with circumcision in the Old Testament. He says, "... in Him you were also circumcised with a circumcision made without hands in the removal of the body of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ having been buried with Him in baptism in which you were also raised up with Him through faith in the working of God who raised Him from the dead." Let's take a close look at this verse, to see what it says and what the ramifications are.

First of all, we see that Paul says that the "circumcision of Christ" is a removal of the flesh that is symbolized in baptism. In the Old Testament, the Jews would circumcise their boys as a part of fulfilling their covenant with God. It was a literal cutting away of the flesh. Baptism was a symbol of dying to the flesh, and rising to new life in Christ. You notice that Paul says "by the circumcision of Christ having been buried with Him in baptism." Paul is saying that baptism is the circumcision of Christ, "through faith." Now why would this distinction be important to understand? Because in Romans 4:10 Paul states emphatically that Abraham was considered righteous by faith, BEFORE he was circumcised! He then goes on to say in verse 11, "...and he (Abraham) received the sign of circumcision as a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had before he was circumcised ..." In other words, Abraham was counted as righteous before he was circumcised, and the circumcision was simply a "seal", or an outward sign, of the righteousness that he already had! Which is exactly the case with the "circumcision of Christ" (water baptism). It is an outward sign, or seal, of the righteousness you already possess through faith in Christ Jesus.

The point that the CHOCD seems to miss is that baptism is SYMBOLIC. They readily chastise the Catholic Church for believing in transubstantiation, yet when it comes to baptism, the CHOCD makes the same mistake as the Catholic church: taking something literally that was supposed to be symbolic. The Catholic church says that the bread and wine (during Communion) literally becomes the body and blood of Jesus. The CHOCD says that baptism actually remits your sins. They say, according to the book of Romans, that you are literally buried with Christ through baptism. Noooo baptism SYMBOLIZES Christs death. It SYMBOLIZES your death, burial and resurrection. You dont come out of the water with dirt in your mouth, do you? Now, we realize that it can sometimes be hard to discern when something is to be taken literally as opposed to being a type or symbol. When it comes to baptism, though, there are simply too many Scriptures that give the plan of salvation...and leave the subject of baptism out altogether. If baptism was the actual point at which God washes away our sin and imputes to us the righteousness of Christ, why do so many members of the CHOCD fall away from the Lord? There is an atheist organization in Illinois called Skeptics Inc. whose entire board of directors are almost all EX- CHOCD preachers! Why? Legalism kills! As with all issues of faith, the letter of the Law brings death, but the Spirit brings life! (II Corinthians 3:6)

The CHOCD claims that they "have no creed but the Bible," but in reality many in the CHOCD have a book that they use as a "guideline" for church doctrine. It is called, "Why I am a Member of the Church of Christ," by Leroy Brownlow. Chapter 14 is entitled, "Because It Gives Scriptural Answers To the Question- What Must I Do To Be Saved." This chapter would be hilarious if it wasn't so sad to see to what extent the CHOCD will go to promote their position on baptism. In this chapter Brother Brownlow dissects the question, "What must I do to be saved?" He examines the question word by word. When he gets to the word "do", he says, "It is not what I must get, think, feel or believe. The word "do" suggests activity on the part of the man being saved. Salvation is not a matter of passiveness, but of activity. God saves; still man saves himself by obeying the gospel, God's power to save (Rom. 1:16, Acts 2:40). Take the word "do" out of Christianity and you destroy it. You never read of an inspired man telling a sinner that there is nothing for him to do to be saved." Now I don't know about you, but I would consider the Apostle Paul to be an "inspired man", and oddly enough he is the only man recorded in scripture to have ever been asked this question verbatim, "What must I do to be saved?" It was asked of him by the Philippian jailer in Acts 16:30. Keep in mind that Brother Brownlow's answer was "It is not what I believe" that saves me. Paul's answer, on the other hand, is just the opposite. When asked by the jailer, "What must I do to be saved?," the Apostle Paul answers, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved!" Mr. Brownlow's answer is a classic example of not being able to see the forest because of the trees!

Paul says in Ephesians 2:8&9 that "We are saved by GRACE through FAITH and not of ourselves, it is a GIFT of God, NOT as a result of WORKS, that no one should boast." If you ever stand before Christ Jesus and He asks you why should He let you into Heaven... you had better say, "Because of what You did for me on the cross," not, "Because I was baptized"!

Truth is always true. If you believe a certain doctrine, but through the study of God's Word, you find that your belief is not upheld scripturally (even if only once), then you need to seriously re-examine that belief. Regarding baptismal regeneration, a good case in point can be found in Acts 10:1-48. Here we find an example of a man named Cornelius, receiving the Holy Spirit, evidenced by " speaking in tongues and exalting God." And being amazed by the whole ordeal, the Apostle Peter (who had been preaching the gospel to the Cornelius household when the Holy Spirit fell upon all of them) stated in verse 47, "Surely no one can refuse the water for these to be baptized who have received the Holy Spirit just as we did..." Clearly we have in this example, a case where a person was obviously saved before he was water baptized. The Apostle Peter declares their salvation by saying that they had "received the Holy Spirit, just like we did!" The only way  around this scenario is to deny that a person that is filled with the Holy Spirit (evidenced by speaking in tongues and glorifying God) is actually saved. And believe it or not, that is exactly what the CHOCD says! It never ceases to amaze me what some people are willing to swallow in order to protect what they feel is biblical, even if it denies the very Bible they seek to uphold.

It is really the Apostle Paul that puts the icing on the cake on the issue of baptism, by stating in I Cor. 1:17, "Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel!" Now if baptism is the point of salvation, this statement would be utterly blasphemous. But in reality, it simply confirms what the rest of the Bible already teaches... that we are saved by grace, not works of any kind! As human beings, it is in our nature to want to earn our salvation. There is nothing wrong with wanting to please God! The problem comes in when the way we want to please God conflicts with the way He wants it. If we look at Romans 10:9-10, we see God giving us the plan of salvation in a very simple and straightforward way. The Apostle Paul says that we are saved by confessing that Jesus is (our) Lord! Now that can't be true, can it? We don't get saved by simply believing and confessing that Jesus is Lord, do we? That is just too easy. There must be more to it than that, isn't there? Don't we have to do something to earn it? According to human wisdom, we have to deserve such a great gift. But in issues of life and salvation, sometimes we have to set aside our earthly "wisdom" and simply accept God at His Word. It's like the bumper sticker that says, "God said it; I believe it; and that settles it." Whether we understand God's Mercy and Grace or not, doesn't change His terms. He has made it simple so that anyone can be saved. But man comes along and tries to make it "better." But you cannot improve on perfection! God's ways are higher than our ways, and He says that salvation is a gift, that no one can earn. So my advice is to take God at his word and receive the greatest gift ever offered; Salvation by Grace through Faith in Jesus Christ!

Source

Concerning faith vs. works, people think they need works because of James 2:20 where it says faith without works is dead. When someone thinks that I ask them if they know the verse before, James 2:19:

James 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

Put simply, the faith James speaks of as being dead is simple intellectual orthodoxy which James 2:19 speaks of, or belief that there's one God. Even the devils have that faith, as do Jews, Muslims, and Catholics, and it falls short. This is not the faith Paul speaks of in Romans 10:8-10 where He says that it is by believing that God raised Christ from the dead and confessing Him Lord and God (thus accepting Him into our hearts to be the leader of our life) and that He alone can save us by which we find eternal life.

The definitive Bible definition of faith and works:

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

And as for your signature:

THE LAW APPLIES TO ALL OTHERWISE NONE AT ALL...

1 Timothy 1:9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,

10 For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;

Matthew 13:43 Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Concerning the Law which we are no longer under:

Hebrews 8:6 But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.

7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.

8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.

10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

I'm an agnostic, leaning towards Athiesm.What I've been wondering is how God created the universe. For someone to have created the universe, they would have to exist outside it, which is impossible because the universe contains absolutely everything.I'm still looking for proof, so if someone can help me out it'd be greatly appreciated. -_-

I'm an agnostic, leaning towards Athiesm.

What I've been wondering is how God created the universe.  For someone to have created the universe, they would have to exist outside it, which is impossible because the universe contains absolutely everything.

I'm still looking for proof, so if someone can help me out it'd be greatly appreciated. :P

174411[/snapback]

Whether believing God created it as a miracle in 6 days, or believing in the Big Bang, you're believing in a non-scientific beginning to it. :P

Think about it, the Big Bang claims it all started as a singularity, which is when all the laws of science break down, meaning.... their beginning is not scientific either -_-

Think about it, the Big Bang claims it all started as a singularity, which is when all the laws of science break down, meaning....  their beginning is not scientific either :P

174415[/snapback]

Hey...Joshua...I think you just broke science. -_-

Anyway, about this whole ordeal, you guys believe what you want. As for me, I'm just gonna go with the flow and work it all out at the end, know what I'm saying?

I think that all people believe in someone or something... cos they can't live without  it. Even then they says they don't believe in any God... They believe in theyself or something that important for them.

Keeper, Sons of the Dragon http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

154688[/snapback]

Your right, you have to believe in something, or you'll wont make it in this world. Really, This world is so bad -_- , I don't even want to make my children on this planet, cause I think it's selfish to do so, since people can't take their hands of childrens. :P

Hey Joshua,I sure am glad to have you on the forums. You seem pretty religious like me.On evolution, I have had several debates, and let me tell you. I have never seen anything so ridiculous in my life. It is pitiful the way evolution is "patched" up to try to make it hold a little water better. Scientists constantly look for a missing link between animals and humans. For instance, they look for a link between humans and monkeys, and between dinosours and birds that evolved from them. They also look for the missing link between water and land mammals and animals. With all these missing links to all these different "evolving" animals, you think they would have found it by now, huh?To answer your question revolutionary, there i much evidence out there. Let me start with this. There is a expert on theism, he said that in order to have evoltion happen from the big bang, you have to have just the right ammount of proteins. It is a very complex, a single protein that is. The number was astronomical about the chances he gave. He said it would have been very hard for it to happen. There have been tests to see if complex proteins and bacteria can devolope. Such as the sealed glass beaker test that showed that complex things could form after water had been heated and sealed. But scientists have now found out that it was not plausible due to the fact that organisms can survive heat tmps of large degrees. Also, the gases that the person doing the test thought might be in the atmosphere at the time, couldn't have been in the amounts given during the test. He sealed in the wrong amount of gases, which could have also altered the outcome of the test.It is nearly impossible to prove such a thing as evolution. It can't hold water, and doesn't have evidence to back it up. It is a empty belief that isn't plausible. Think about this. A loving God that decided to create the world through His magnifisent powers. It is so much simpler. I think I have teared down evoltion enough.-Cheers!

Hey homeschooler! You are right on. It seems this has quite the conflict going. I would like to say that Jesus never sinned, as some of you pointed out. People get confused. I think this is what happened here. I don't know where you got your info from, I would love to know. Only certain people realize that Jesus is the ONLY mediator between man and God. I don't mean to offend you roman catholics, but a priest is not needed. It says in the bible:

1Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

This means you only have to pray. Also, I believe there is no eternal hell. If God was just, He could not have an eternal hell. That would be too horrific for people to burn for eternity. So there is one thing I disagree with. However, it is important to remember that you realize that with God, He is forced to be just. If He lets sinners go unpunished, what justness is there? We are all sinners. No one can deny that there is a God if they are a Christian. What if there really was a God for an atheist? Wouldn't it be scary. What have you to lose? Nothing I say! I urge anyone that doesn't believe in God just to find a bible and read through John. Just test the waters. You may find something spectactular!

I am so tired of religion in the United States! Everyone thinks that their reliogn is THE right one and better than everyone elses in the entire world. Christianity is the one that I really hate.They are so sure that just because they have some old book that could have been written/make up by ANYONE there reliogn is true and they need ot convert eveyone else. What about PROOF?? I would appriciate it is any Christians could reply and tell me why they belive in the Bible.