xisto Community
fraudulentpeanut

Flying Alarm Clock yes its true

Well, believer, there are many things that one could use a bit of strategy/technique to accomplish, but then there's always a coolness factor with technology that performs that strategy on it's own that urges one to go out and buy it.

That is so awesome. Great for the very heavy sleeper. Of course, you would have to find out about how long it lasts on a battery and if it recharges in it's station. But overall it looks like a one of those quality and genuine sleep alarms that drive you from your sleep in the middle of the night because you set it to the wrong time or you forgot to turn it off for the weekends ;) No, it looks cool and if I didn't normally wake up from my alarm (because I do) I would get one. Maybe you could even make it flyable with a remote control ;)

Hehe...now that is funny ;) Is this clock also capable of barking?? How much time people spend on stuff like this that won't help anyone...I don't hink it is a hoax but it is not that great idea after all...I am looking forward to a moment, when scientists are goin to develop robots that would go to work instead of me and I'll get paid! This is the only thing I need.. ;)greetz

That's so cool! When my alarm goes off at seven I turn it off and then wake up at eight. I need one of those. Anyone want to send me a christmas present? That would really hurt though if you got up to catch it and it came right toward you and the propeller hit you. Talk about a flat top. lol. It would really work for me though. I hate getting up in the morning. But if I'm going sking man, I'm up at five. Really cool alarm clock!

I really don't think this is true.  Technology is so advanced yet that an alarm clock can fly around a room without crashing let alone flying and it would have to take off at the push of the snooze button.  I really don't think they have invented anything like that yet and if they have people would have heard about it.

214715[/snapback]

dude the technology exists lol how do you think we do tose nice missions to mars lol with the rovers that are pretty much AI and dont need a human operator to sense where a rock is...

we have the technology... and its called sonar or ecolocation... it can use the chirping to find the walls and keep flying untill you get it! it can set its rotation speed to a set amount to hover and stuff like a helecopter... its not that hard to belive dude but w/e

have you disbelifs i think thats pretty awsome i might have to get my hands on one of those... may need the steel version so it wont break but heh lol

I am looking forward to a moment, when scientists are goin to develop robots that would go to work instead of me and I'll get paid! This is the only thing I need.. :D

Well, I guess you're just out of luck, then. People don't get paid for the work that the robotic arms in car manufacturing lines do. The whole point of using robots is to have work done faster, more accurately, and being able to cut down the number of employees.

dude the technology exists lol how do you think we do tose nice missions to mars lol with the rovers that are pretty much AI and dont need a human operator to sense where a rock is...

The Mars rovers are hardly AI. All they can do on their own is record information from their instruments and travel some terrain/avoid a few obstacles on their own (but that's no big deal - any decent toy robot can do that too). For everything else, they have to wait for instructions.

Of course, you would have to find out about how long it lasts on a battery and if it recharges in it's station.

I don't see how this would be a problem. I doubt that it is intended to fly around chirping for an hour until someone finally shouts to turn that noise off. The idea would be that it would fly around for maybe three or four minutes, probably seven at most, until someone finally got annoyed enough to try to stop it. After that, it would be sitting in the bay, recharging all day long. A battery that lasts just a few minutes would be very light, which would be necessary in order for the clock to be able to fly with such a small rotor.

Maybe you could even make it flyable with a remote control

No, it won't be. That's a pointless addition that would only made the overall device cost more. If you want something that is remote controlled and can fly, buy a remote controlled airplane or helicopter.

Is this clock also capable of barking??

What does it matter? It makes noise.

That looks cool. If only it was some how hit you in the head while its flying so as to wake you up. lol. I wouldn't buy it because of that. I didn't picture it like a ball or helicopter like. I thought it was a plane or something. I would stick to the conventional alarm clock. Annoying yet safe.

Why would they make an alarm clock, of all things, flyable? I don't really see the point in this...

The point is that it looks cool and people will buy it. There are a lot of things that one buys that, if one really thinks about it, don't have much practical use - they're just "cool."

And it wouldn't be able to move very fast, although there is a possibility that it may rise beyond reach in a high room. I'd guess that there would probably be some integrated sensor that would allow it to detect it's altitude, though, in order to avoid such an event.

When I read the thread I thought it would some sort of helicopter thing, or at least powered by a rotor and from looking at the picture I was right. :D I guess once most people read it flys around and cirps they were thinking of some sort of brid that flies around flapping its wings. Am I right? Don't worry. That's what I very first thought it would be.It does look pretty cool from the picture I'm just wondering how long it could fly for. I'm sure it has to fly for more than a few minutes becuase if your a heavy sleeper like me then it'll go unoticed and would just fall to the floor. And it doesn't really have to fly around the room, it could just hover in one place making it easier to catch. Nifty gadget this is. Hope to see it in the shops soon. And if it is hopefully it's not too expensive and hard enough to take a drop every now and again.

The article implies that it does more than just hover. Whether or not this is true has yet to be seen.As I said, batteries are heavy, and a rotor that small can only generate so much lift. The clock would have to be very light in order to be able to fly. A battery that lasted more than ten minutes or so would probably be too heavy for the clock to lift, so I'd put the limit at around fifteen minutes, max (realize that is just is a guess). I don't think it would really be necessary for it to go much longer. If you are such a deep sleeper that a noisy, squaking thing flying around your room for fifteen minutes doesn't wake you, I doubt fourty-five more minutes would help.

The article implies that it does more than just hover. Whether or not this is true has yet to be seen.  As I said, batteries are heavy, and a rotor that small can only generate so much lift. The clock would have to be very light in order to be able to fly. A battery that lasted more than ten minutes or so would probably be too heavy for the clock to lift, so I'd put the limit at around fifteen minutes, max (realize that is just is a guess). I don't think it would really be necessary for it to go much longer. If you are such a deep sleeper that a noisy, squaking thing flying around your room for fifteen minutes doesn't wake you, I doubt fourty-five more minutes would help.

I believe you are correct. The batteries are probably very small in order for it to fly and I think that is why it has a little port to recharge them once you catch it. That is what it looks like from the picture posted. They probably recharge pretty fast too, fast enough so if you set it down pressing the snooze button again it will have enough power to take off once again.