xisto Community
KooL

Amd Verses Intel which do you prefer?

I think most people just like and stick with the company they first used.

That's not true to a large degree. How many people do you know that used Win95? Was AMD a felt presence then? Not really. But come on, you all know AMD is around now, and giving Intel a heck of a time trying to keep that "number one" spot. To say that people stuck with what they used first is highly unlikely. AMD never would've made to even the K6 chipset.
It's time for a change, and for the better I might add. AMD will take the spot from Intel in due time...

the better one is.. depend on what it will use.for me, I always buy AMD because cheaper thand Intel with the same feature.but for selling, especially for the second hand, Intel is the choise. :P

AMD is just getting way too fast. Overclocking your comp is a bad thing dammit. I just like Intel more too.

you cant really compare AMD and INtel.. both are used for two different purposes...Intel = video editing / normal usesAMD = more for gaming and fun.. however amd computers get hotter than intel comupters..

Ive been Reading a Canadian magazine called CAnada HUb.com if im right ..... and they have compared..... The Intel and the AMDs Chips.... So far they saw that teh Cheapest AMD Athlon or whatever.... has almost as Much or Better Firepower then one of the MOst expensive Intels..... so after what i saw theyve also Calculated Games Frame Rates.... and the Overall AMD so far as an Slight Advantage... On INTEl..... Anyhow.... as far as im concerned i have an AMD Athlon 64 2.4Ghz 3400+ that means 64bits Processor and im pretty Much pleased so far Id say the Ultimate Test is WINDOWS VISTA

Topics like these are kind of annoying because it's mostly personal opinion and the uses a person will use the processor for that determine which one is better for him/her.If someone has good experiences with one processor and likes it a lot, they will most likely stick with that brand of processor and say that the processor they use is the best.Most people arn't rich enough to actually do tests and get multiple computers with some having intel processors and some having amd processors. That is the only true way to find out which is better. Once you got the computers with both brands of processors, you would have to conduct tests that would determine the best one. Yes, people have done this and posted their results.... but I prefer to find out for myself because one never knows when an article is biased or not.In my personal experience, I have used and messed around with both intel and amd processors. I personally like amd better. I find it to be more powerful and cheaper :huh: With the new technology amd is using and integrating into their products, I can see amd doing a lot better than intel. But again, this is my opinion and its not necessarily correct or the best product.

Amd is better (for gaming) for photoshop and office use, intel might have an edge there, but im not sure (nor do i especially care)why amd is better: lower clock = less heat, = better overclocking. also they are cheaper/performance.

When you guys post which one is better don't you think it be a bit better if you all actually why a company is better than just saying "Because their processors are better" or "Because Intel/AMD sucks"Actually put some thought into why you use what yopu use otherwise your just an idiot blindly saying one is better than other and not knowing anything about what you use other than the clock speed.

Im not big pro in thous both and dont know a lot AMD but I do know that Im now using Intel and Im fully cool with theyr computer <_<.. so Im for Intel!

The topic is more than two years old. Still it is very relevant. - The competition between AMD and Intel is hotting up. Although Intel is firmly in the drivers seat as far as desktop market share is concerned, in the server market AMD has around 25%. With the Dell deal, AMD will try to increase their desktop market share. The advantage od having two companies such as AMD and Intel is that the comsumer is sure to get the best product at a very good price, Think of the time before AMD came. With only Intel in the picture there was no choice and user had to buy at whatever price Intel sold the chips. Here's wishing more success to AMD.

AMD IS THE Best... even though the clock speed is slower, it is faster. an amd 64 is enough to thresh pentium D. intel got lousy processors that are for business, totally no good for gaming. laggy and expensive. of course, amd is better- cheaper and fasterOMG... wat kind of topic is this... amd and intel have different purposes. don compare them. amd = low clock speed but fast becuz it runs 9 cycles in one full clock also it saves more electricity, basically for gaming purposes. intel= for video editing, quite laggy . high clock speed but slow becuz it runs 6 cycles in one full clock.

Intel has always been thought to be better because of its marketing and big buisness relationships with companies like Dell, Alienware, Gateway, ect.BUT, Chakra is right, they are completely different.AMD and Intel have different things in mind for what they think thier customers are generallydoing witht thier hardware. So, they are built differently. And that means, in no actual way canAMD and Intel CPUs be compared.Overall, my new computer I am going to build myself will be AMD, since I am a big gamer(And thats what AMD specializes most of thier CPUs for pretty much :D).And still, red_dragon has a good point, if we can get Intel and AMD to compete, it will drive prices downfor the consumers. Whats better than that? :D-iXeta