xisto Community
KooL

Amd Verses Intel which do you prefer?

Yea AMD is better, intel has no plans of making household 64 bit processors in the near future, they are only making 64 bits for buisness use...AMD has the throne now, but they didnt before their 64 bits B)

i disagree, pentium 4's are much better than amd xps, p4s are powerfuller (lol) than xp's in almost all aspects, so how is athlons meant for gaming?

I think there was a thread aobut this issue some time ago.Anyway, AMD's 64 aren't really doing any good because it does not have any supporting programs or specific OSs they can work with. Of course, the 64 is way more powerful, but as I said, there are not much programs in the world that can tap its full potential.On the other hand, Intel's new processors are very expensive but it pays because of its stability. Talking aobut stsbility, I use a AMD Athlon xp 1800+ but I do not experience stability issues. The only thing that irritates me is the noise from the CPU fan. My school's computers use Intel processors and I can hardly hear their noise. So from my guess, its probably that AMD cpus produce either more heat, or maybe their coolers jsut can't match Intel.This conclusion isn't really all fair because I don't have the exact speeds of the school com's CPU and so forth, but this can show some info.(if you can pick up what i mean..)That's probably why AMD is for gaming and Intel is from devloptment/business.-Shackman

Only AMD's Athlon XP is cheap. AMD Athlon 64 is average and AMD Athlon 64 FX is the most expensive. AMD's Athlon 64 is similar to Intel's Pentium 4 and AMD's Athlon 64 FX is similar to Intel's Pentium 4 Extreme Edition.

I love AMD for their price and for its speed.
FACTS:
AMD Athlon XP was rated to be for gaming
Intel Pentium 4 was rated for office use or for developers

Where are these facts from? Can you quote the source?