xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
viplanet

Do You Believe In God Is God really there ? Your opinions?

In my opinion God (all gods, not talking only about the christian one) is an invention of the human race to have some security that there?s someone who controls everything and finally will make good things for people that acts good and terrible things for the bad people, heretics, etc.It?s also an instrument used by the religions to fear the population. Well, you have to love this God because if you don?t you?ll go to hell and suffer, etc. I don?t understand people who thinks that they?re blessed by God when things go well... because they don?t blame on him when things go bad... they think that they had done something wrong instead.Without any intention of being rude, for me it?s a bit ridiculous to be subordinated to a concept that no one can prove that exists. Anyway, I hope some believers here will agree with me that is better to be agnostic than a fake-believer. And unfortunately there are lots of this kind, people who say proudly to love God but don?t respect other humans.

MaverickFang:Actually, we believe God is neither Male or Female. Why? God created both of the genders. We are only human and don't know if it is classified in such a way up there. I doubt it though. I think He is simply a being. Just like the angels, neither male nor female. See? But nice try on the female thing, I highly doubt it.

i do believe in God because i'm catholic. yet, i'm not one of those people who are truly devoted. i pray very rarely only when i'm really desperate and i go to church only because i have to. so i can't say i'm very religious because even though i'm supposed to, i'm not. and i cant say thats a good thing or even a bad thing. one of my friends is a christian and hasnt been to church for more than 3 years and she is so innocent that she has probably never told a liei have a hard time believing in something i cannot see or touch. i suppose that i find my life to be so hard and dark, that there's really no way that i can believe in something that can take all my troubles away and help me get through the day more happier when nothing's happened before to make me think that.so many people believe in him and have found that doing so makes their life easier. i wish my life were a whole lot easier and i wish that i could believe with all my heart that there is a God who forgives our sins. i dont know if there's a problem with me or something because i havent witnessed a true miracle to really believe in him. but i want to, i really do. i'm hoping that sometime in my life, it'll all just click and i'll believe in him, just like that

Is God real or is just an ilusion... an invention...

I think is real , and i felt His blessing many times in my life.

But i am curious what do u belief...

Do you believe in God, I am eager

My opinion is god exists in some formor the another

what do you fell about it

Reply here do not PM

213407[/snapback]

I do believe in God, but not as an old man in the sky. God is an infinite entity, and force that is incomprehensible by humans. God is merciful and fair, although we may not think so.

By the way, I'm Jewish so don't think I'm some bible thumper, mmkay?

~michelle

kaylanicole:I am sorry you don't have a real good relationship with God. A genuine relationship with God is always best ad I have found that it is very hard to get that way. The distractions in life, the temptations that are ever present, everything seems against you sometimes. But the key is to overcome.I don't know about your friend. A relationship with God and His Son is absolutely needed. The Bible says we can't earn our way into heaven, that includes using church as a way to get their. It is by grace and a gift of God, so none of us can boast and say we are saved because we did this so many times a day. There is also one mediator between man and God. That is the man Jesus Christ who we need in order to be saved. But back to you and your friend, church is not neded, of course it is beneficial to your spiritual life though. But as long as you pray and follow God's guiding, then you can't go wrong. God reigns! He rules! And I believe in Him!

we all belong to one race. The Human Race. Why can't we just act like it?

Because people don't like people who are not like them. Disagree with this all you like, but I have all of history to back me up. No argument you make will change world events.

I think George Carlin said it best. "More blood has been spilled and more life lost in the name of God than for any other reason"

As some philisophe said (can't recall his name) something along the lines of "People are like animals and need to be controlled." I don't care who's name blood gets spilled for, it'll get spilled one way or another, it's just that it was convenient and easy to kill people "in the name of God". They might as well kill people in the name of the devil because his ideals would fit perfectly with that phrase. It's not God's fault nor of the belief. The religion is there, and how it's used is up to the people.
My only question to your quote is, what can be done about it?

Without any intention of being rude, for me it´s a bit ridiculous to be subordinated to a concept that no one can prove that exists.

Funny, because you can't prove there is no God also.

That evolutionary theory can barely hold water if any and I realize this after I did extensive research and found flaws just laying around that scientists just cover up.

I've read several books explaining that radiocarbon dating can only be used to date animals or plants that are less than 50,000 years old and that the only way to theoretically date objects millions or billions of years old is to use uranium, thorium, rubidium, potassium, and samarium isotopes (sorry if I missed some, but these should be the most used or with the highest potential). However, scientists only use radiocarbon dating to date things. Can you see the dilemma? How can they date something to be x millions of years old with radiocarbon dating when it was designed to date 50,000 year old or less objects? Why don't they use any of the other methods to get their estimated dates to agree? (This information has been compiled by the Science and Technology Department of the Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh) Edited by dre (see edit history)

Seems like a rather old thread to dig up dre, but still relevant and interesting, I guess.Having been born and raised into the Catholic tradition, I was always told that there was a God watching over us and, for a time, I was filled with fear and awe of him. I attended Catholic school during the week and church every Sunday. I joined the choir, gave the readings during Mass, and tried to keep myself from sinning. And one day while I was taking classes to go through Confirmation, my teacher said something that struck a core with me. Her brother-in-law would have been her choice to be her son's sponsor for his Confirmation, but he couldn't because he was Muslim. He was a good person, devout and pious, generous to a T, but he practiced a different faith and so he was condemned. And then I noticed the hypocracy within the Church, the sordid lives of the Avignon popes, the embezzlement scandal with one of the Church leaders as its mastermind, the pastor with his brand new Jag while the church roof continued to leak and the fundraiser never seemed to be enough.I realised that organized religion is flawed because people are flawed and fallible. But religion continues to interest me, and I like to explore the tenets and core documents. I've actually taken a few world religion classes and studied Buddhist meditation for awhile. For now, I don't really believe in the Christian concept of God. I'm not even sure that I believe that such a being exists but not because of proof or lack of proof. I just think that my faith in such things doesn't lay with an external and ethereal power. I'd like to be able to believe in myself and put my faith in the goodness of humanity.But I understand the need for religion and it serves its purpose well. As for God... well, I'd like to think that I would do the right thing because it's the right thing, not for the promise of a heaven or a better life when I reincarnate.

I feel you Tiki. I'm not a real church goer but I was raised to love and revere god. As I grew up it always made me feel safer to know that a higher power was looking over us. But I soon realized the reality of the world. People dying senseless and untimely deaths made me question why would any type of higher form of life lets the things that go on in this world happen. According to the bible god is all seeing, and that everyone born into this world has a purpose. That doesn't make sense when a child who is just beginning their life dies. What is the ultimate purpose that?So I honestly don't know. I don't know because I've seen amazing miracles and great tragedies unfold in my own life, each time I get a reason to have faith, something happens that makes me question the existence of god.

uhm... i do believe in god but some other people dont believe and i dont know why they dont T_TGod Made Human Living and other things and some others said to me they're no God Exist they dont believe until they dont see them

This world is really full of mystery I tell you. But then mystery is what makes us tick. Like are there UFOS is there another galaxy like ours with a human type existance. Is there heaven and Hell when we die? is there another life after death. Is there a higher power than us. IS THERE A GOD?Well to be honest I dont know. Growing up in a christian family I was taught that there is a GOD as in Jehova God. I believed in him and follwoed the bibe as always and prayed. But as i greww up i started to wonder if God really exists. For starters I started to question why we believe God is our heavenly father yet he doesnt treat his children right or he only is right from a certain point of view. I started to wonder why Christians are poor except for a handfull. You find that countries that believe in God are third world countries or countries where there was oppression at some point for example African Americans believe in god but this was mainly brought by the oppression era and they learnt to believe in someone who would one day deliver them and when they finally were dilervered from the slaving believing in god was family tradition and it carried on like that. Why is a God who is meant to be loving always threatening. If you do this and that you will go to hell. If you dont believe I exist your soul will go to hell when you die. Its more like we are being threatened to believe GOD Exsts otherwise we are branded society's out casts.This is what leeds me to think that the whole bible is someone's fabrication and there is no evidence that whet is in the bible really existed. It is true the Jesus era did pass but how do we prove that Jesus really had followers. How do we prove tha the desciples really existed. After all they didnt have cameras besides paintings of the last supper could have been anyone's imagination. Like the Loch NEss Monster or UFO's which we all believe exist but are too skepticall to query for proper proff lest we be branded names like blasphemy and stufid fool.So truth is I dont know whether GOD exists or not besides theres no proff that Adam and eve were the first humans in the world the only documentation we have of that is the bible.I hope this doesnt alter your faith or belief in your God as that is not what I am trying to achieve here. I just want to say things from my point of view.

i'm kind of half and half because if god created everything, what created him.one day, about 2 years ago now, i was bored so i started reading the bible. (big mistake because i'm the type of person that if i start doing something i can stop till its finished) after about a month i read the entire thing. gee what a fun month that was. about 2 weeks after that i started thinking about the dinosaurs. the it occured to me. the bible says nothing about god creating the dinosaurs but we as humans have proof of there exictance. there is always the theory of that god created the dinosaurs as a practice for us and when he knew that it would work, he made an metor crashs into the earth to kill everthing. but if god created the dinosaurs, why isn't it in the bible? is there more that we don't know about?is it possible that god scruied up somewhere along the line and had to create us as a second test for the earth? if this is true, how do we know that god won't screw us up to?? because when you think about it, compaired to the dinosaurs, we are very much still in out early stages. if this is true, it makes you think, what is after us, and how do we know that they are not just another test for the earth. this topic really makes me think.but getting back to my main point, if god created everything, what created god? so i went to my local church and ask this very question and i was very much expecting the answer i got.the answer was "god is just always there"that really angered me up.and then there is the whole thing of someone makeing up the entire thing and got a hell of alot of money out of it. how do we know, how long has it been science we have had some real proof of god really does exist? we don't know do we. and also why is god white. the are no picures in the bible so how do we know that he is even in a human form, he could just be a gass of something. we just don't knowso long story short, i kinda believe in god

the it occured to me. the bible says nothing about god creating the dinosaurs but we as humans have proof of there exictance.

Perhaps it hasn't occurred to you that possibly every creature was not listed? It would take many pages to list all of the creatures created and some general information about them.

Perhaps it hasn't occurred to you that possibly every creature was not listed? It would take many pages to list all of the creatures created and some general information about them.

Surely there would have been at least ONE listing of a prehistoric animal, but nothing.

God is here. God is everywhere. God created this world. Definitely... There's no question about it. I am a believer for sure. I wrote some more things about this topic in the post "When Was the World Created?" I just don't feel like typing it all over again.

I don't believe in God, but on the other hand, I don't believe he doesn't exist. I know its a possibility, but I can't see any real proof for it at all, so I find it hard to believe he is there. There's a word for it.. I just can't remember it.
I know it is entirely possible that God exists, but I also know it is completely possible that he doesn't. There's no evidence either way, not even a little bit. I'm not one to trust something with no reason or proof that I should, so I guess I'm in the middle of religious and athiest. He could be there, He might not.. I guess I'll find out 60 or 70 years down the road..

Well, everyone has their own opinion and I respect yours. But I'm going to pray that you become a believer in the Lord because one day I want to see you up There. You say there's no evidence... that may be, but in science there isn't a lot of evidence either. Scientists just make it so their theoires/hypothesises are facts because their lies sell and make big money. There is evidence of God. All these miraculous stories...
Notice from jlhaslip:
Merged Posts.
Board Rules
Please use the Edit feature to avoid double posting.