xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
starryrainbow

Hi, From Yet Another Newbie...any Others Listning? I am so new this is my second post ever

Hi all, thanks for coming and viewing my post. Could someone tell me how long your post has to be to get "x" number of points? I really only came here because I thought yay, I'm getting a free, ADLESS website, then I can get some provider to give me a .tk or .co.nr domain, life is good! then I found out you had to earn it, now don't complain that I'm complaining, this is better then alot of sites, most free providers, or atleast better then all the adless, free hosters I've come across. So anyways... how hard is it to get up to level 1? level 2? Thanks, and well, Thanks, for taking the time to care about a newbie!

starryrainbow,Just a reminder that even the old-hands on this forum were once newbies. And people welcomed them, helped them along, and they learned some stuff. Now it is time for pay-back. It is what makes the world go round...There is some mystery about exactly how many words or posts it takes to get one credit. If you use the search bar and look at other posts, the only ones who really know the exact equation are the peope who wrote or installed the script. All we know for sure is, longer posts score better and don't spam. Use the Xisto - Readme to learn about the other workings and going on's around here. You'll be surprised how quickly you can get hosted. I've seen it happen in less than 24 hours. Other times it can take 48 hours after the Application. Just depends on the Admin's schedule.Enjoy yourself.

You could compain, as i do often but really every one out there is doing the same thing. Demanding that you post to get hosting. At least here they don't judge your site for quality or content which others have done, and they have php for free. It's rare these days.Have a great stay here.round

Welcome aboard, starryrainbow! I think you've come to the right place for your hosting, and we have a great community here to boot! I was also a newbie not too long ago (last spring, in fact), but now I'm already at the point where I can customize my member title. The hosting credit system is a bit of a mystery...and I belive only Opaque knows how it works. What I found out is that you do get several credits in the early going, but once you have many credits accumulated (around 40 or more), you'll get less.In any event, if you make a lot of good quality posts every day, you may even find yourself at the point where you don't even think about how many days you can be inactive.Hope you enjoy your stay here and look forward to seeing more of you on the boards. Cheers!

Heh.. really, I dont know how many words you need to get your hosting credits.. but I'm always really surprised about how fast they add up.I dont even worry about it anymore.. and I'm still pretty 'new' myself. Just find something that's fun to talk about and enjoy yourself ^^If you're just posting nonsense on the first thread you stumble upon, it wont be any fun, so.. try not to get into that habit ^^;

Hi starryrainbow,As far as choosing your plan, plan#1 would be the fastest one to get started since it only requires for your to have 10 to be qualified. However, if you need more space than 20mb then you would need additional 30 credits to upgrade.If you can wait and want to have 150mb hosting space, it is better to save for plan#2 (30 credits to be qualified). And thereafter, stay active in the forum to continue to keep your hosting. That's it. No strings attached. All you need to do is keep active in the form at your own time.If there are other questions, search the forum or visit Xisto README in my signature link. You can also use the shoutbox or PM moderators.

Well first off welcome to Xisto and very large community, what was mentioned in the above posts just make sure to read the rules and pm any mods or adi question you have before posting them and they can stir you in the right direction.

hello,starryrainbowwelcome to Xisto community.it is a pleasure to take care of newbie any question about our forum as a old member as well. :Pdont worry,to be at home when staying in forum.level 1 or 2 is easy to get gradually.enjoy!

Hi all, thanks for coming and viewing my post. Could someone tell me how long your post has to be to get "x" number of points? I really only came here because I thought yay, I'm getting a free, ADLESS website, then I can get some provider to give me a .tk or .co.nr domain, life is good! then I found out you had to earn it, now don't complain that I'm complaining, this is better then alot of sites, most free providers, or atleast better then all the adless, free hosters I've come across. So anyways... how hard is it to get up to level 1? level 2? Thanks, and well, Thanks, for taking the time to care about a newbie!

211586[/snapback]

hello dawis... i'm new too in this forum.., welcome and good luck for you... ;)

i still newbie and need for experience too..

have fun.. ;)