xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rejected

Firefox Is Blocking Ads! How can I stop it?

Firefox 1.5 is blocking advertisments on all sites. How can I stop this? I can't view or click them on Xisto, or elsewhere. How can I stop Firefox from blocking the ads?

What kind of ads your Firefox blocked? I've got Firefox 1.5 with AdBlock installed and I can still see the tabbed-ads just below the shoubox.I've also customised AdBlock to block all google ads.. So probably you did configured the same way.. Try removing the blocked entries in AdBlock..

Nope,i think if you are not using the table tab plugins i think the 1.5 version don't have the persimmion or function to stop all types of ads.(if it's true,that's what i'm wishing,expected):)

I don't have adblock, never installed it either. It has blocked ALL ads, popup, text, banner, shockwave, the whole works.

Firefox 1.5 is blocking advertisments on all sites. How can I stop this? I can't view or click them on Xisto, or elsewhere. How can I stop Firefox from blocking the ads?

211012[/snapback]

Something should pop up saying that Firefox has blocked something. There should be a button saying editing options. Click it and go down to the last option,and that should show the pop up you need

Just as a curiosity thing, why do you need to see the pop up in the first place?

It could be in your options. go into tools then click options and look though there. Otherwise its something else. You can also allow pop-ups. Befor you click on something hold down control on the keyboard and then click on the link you what and it should allow it to pass without blocking

It's not blocking popups, it's blocking ads. I don't care about the popups, actually.I tried uninstalling and deleting all firefox files, and reinstalling.. no luck, the ads are still blocked.Eh, I guess I'll just start using Opera when I need to see or click an ad now..

Hey guys/gals (i really don't know!) it's not about the kind of extension your using! just go to Tools>Options>(Your adblocker options) and turn off the blocking or if you don't have a blocker installed just got otTool>Options>Content and from there you can enable or disable the ad blocking!It's that easy. Come to think of it FIRE FOX IS EASY!!!!! :blink:

Actually adblock normally doesn't blockany ads which you have set not to block (not for me). It blocks ads you dont want to view. May be its just that you ave trap 17 in the filter section. Try get it out of there... It might work.