xisto Community
Zorkaplex

Cell Phones! roar

At times i find cell phones very annoying! They go off in movie theaters even though they ask you to turn them off! Those stupid ringtones, the camras(perverts), they take pictures of you even though you ask them not too, and people drive and yak on them! Oddly they do have uses but they can be hazardious to drivers mainly. When you are driving you have no way really to tell that person to pay attention to thier driving. Well you can honk at them but they just roll thier eyes and just continue!

I agree. Cellphones should only be used in emergancies. They cost a whole lot too. Just to chat with your friends? can't you do it online where theres no annoying ring tones, or people telling you to turn it off? It gets annoying because EVERYONE has a cellphone that I don't even think it's "cool" anymore. What's the point, too? Especially the people who bring their cellphones to school and they can't even use them in class. Just to show off? Jeez...

lol, it pisses me off how people just talk on the cell phone ALL DAY. I got my cell phone in the fourth/fifth grade (dont remember). My moms phone broke so then she bought another one and there was a buy 1 get 3 free. one for my bro, my sis, my mom, and me :P. But yea i agree with Zork, they do get VERY annoying at times, but you need to keep in touch with people in case of somethig.

I agree! It's freaking annoying. I especially find them annoying when you're driving and someone is on their cellphone being all hazardous while traffic piles up just so that they can talk freely on the phone, they've even had the nerve to flip the finger if you honk at their selfishness.I also hate those who try to flash their phones around and pretend that their not. Cellphones are quite common and to have someone flashing it around like it's hot stuff is kind of stupid. I wouldn't be jealous of a phone... I have a phone at home and there are payphones all around my city so I see no purpose.I don't have a cellphone, I don't want a cellphone, nor do I need a cellphone.

I agree with you partially on this one. I do think they can be annoying and stuff but it is the really the user's responcibility of what they do with it. It isn't the cell phone that didn't turn itself off when they are in the movie theater it is the person using the cell phone. The person controls what they take pictures of and it's the same as a digital camera of some sort. They are the ones using it on the highway which they could do something about that like make a law. I do have to admin the ringtones are annoying but sometimes people forget to turn them off in the movies or are too stupid to care.

they recentally banned sell phones while driving in our state and its been 2 monthes and i havent seen ne one with a hands free headset so far. Im in 10th grade and everyone has a cell phone its liek a coming of age ceremony. like wen you get into highschool u get a cell phone. Theres always those people that are *happy* and play with their ring tones on the bus and i get real mad at them. then in class when someone just gets a phone they whip it out and show everyone. i mean comeon people they only make so many kinds how different can one phone get. then theres those people with the camera phones. they show you their pictures and im like no i dont want to see your stupid pictures get away from me. theyre like heres my girlfriend and im like get away from me. it really pisses me off too that they text message. i mean comeon is it that hard to just pick up the phine and punch in 7 numbers and talk to them. they're like pressing 20 bottons to get in a 7 letter word thats absurd. over all cellphones can be useful to a bisuness person but to a 15 year old it's just useless and a waste of 50 bucks a month.

I hate everyone elses cell phone except my own ;) I guess it's because I rarely have my on anyway. Plus, when I drive I use speaker phone so I can talk and use the stearing wheel with both hands. I've seen other drivers talking on the phone like they're talking on their home phone. In addition, some of the things that annoy other people, don't really annoy me. Some of my friends say they hate it when they're in line and someone is talking on the phone, so they always get off their cell phone when they go into a store, or the mall. I don't mind it so much, and don't get why it's so annoying to them. Maybe someone can shed some light on this for me.

I do concur with the whole camera phone issue. That is definitely a problem, and should be addressed. I remember hearing of a nurse that took a picture of a sleeping patient with her palm pilot. Only the patient wasn't asleep, and she was brought up on charges and fired. People's rights to privacy are definitely being invaded with this new technology. With technology there always comes the abuse of power.

I wish someone would take a picture of me with their cell phone. Then I could whine and moan and throw a b**ch fit until I got rich off of settlement money. How could anyone have a problem with that?

I primarily use my mobile phone for sending text messages and e-mail. As well, I usually set it to vibration mode, so as not to let others know that I have a message/phone call for me. Like many others, other people who use the mobile phone (NOT hands free) while driving is also a major pet peeve of mine, not to mention it's a potential danger to others on the roads.

Well I agree with you beacuse some pepole abuse them. But cell phones are good too you can cell evryone from evrywhere, you can browse around on the internet with Wap or GPRS. And new with the new technology you can listen to music or see on movies with 3G when its booring. And if you are loost somewhere or cant find something and you dont have a map, then you can try to search on your mobile with GPS. So mobile can be very good if you use it in good way. ;)

Actually, the users of cell phones are annoying. They can turn off the phone when watching moive but they don't. They can use hand-free when driving, but they don't.

At times i find cell phones very annoying! They go off in movie theaters even though they ask you to turn them off! Those stupid ringtones, the camras(perverts), they take pictures of you even though you ask them not too, and people drive and yak on them! Oddly they do have uses but they can be hazardious to drivers mainly. When you are driving you have no way really to tell that person to pay attention to thier driving. Well you can honk at them but they just roll thier eyes and just continue!

209907[/snapback]

I do not agree with you. When I go to the movies I never hear anyone's cellphone so the people in your area must just be inconsiderate. Some people have annoying ringtones but that does not mean that being able to download ringtones is bad it just means that people abuse the feature. I think that cellphones make it easier to contact someone when you are on the go or you are too lazy to reach the phone. The camera phones do not annoy me because I don't even think they have a flash but I could be wrong.

Let me start off by saying how much i hate phones -all phones. I hate to call people, i hate to dial, i hate to have people call me, i hate listening to voice mail, i just abosolutly HATE phones. I just get so uptight when i am forced to talk on the phone, and my idea of long conversations is 5 minutes. I just hate talking to people on the phone because the phone gets warm, my ear gets warm, my voice gets tired, my hand gets tired...just soo many things. I avoid talking on the food like its a plague.Anyway cell phones, they bug me. People treat them like they are their babies, even though they didnt need them before they had one. I just am not a fan of cell phones, i had a cell phone for awhile, my average bill was like 35 dollars, i only text messaged.

it's noat a bad thing to have a cellphone especially the old stuffs! i like the old ones they are so easy to use not like those new ones they are so hard to use. but many people still want the new ones ven though it's hard to use!! i really hate those kind of people!