xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
E-Sector

My Mambo Menu Looks Strange In Ie

hm it looks like theres a problem with the stylesheet. if i remember it correctly mambo works using divs. try adding a position:absolute; well its probably wrong because i dont really know a lot about this but i tried to make my own mambo template once. so i know the code of the solar flare template pretty well. if this dosent help good look with finding the answere

I also think it is a stylesheet problem. Perhaps you can fix it following a referrence while editing in Dreamweaver. That is exactly what I do in cases like these...

Cheers!!!! :P

it's really strange,I'm using IE5.0,and i test it for you.i just suggested you do as :don't change the style on DW or any WISWYS.and change the site style with a stable skin.but not add something here using the code.

this would be the example of the the <div> tag absoulte position.

<DIV STYLE="position:absolute; top:50px; left:40px; width:400px;"></DIV>

but you have to realize that all people don't look at the computer and the same resolution as well, in which then you would have to code in css with resolution in mind.

E-sector,
You might want to check this Topic out.
Looks like someone has already found the answer for you.
Look in these posted links to discover how and where to adjust the css for Mambo???

http://forums.xisto.com/topic/26600-mambo-templates-best-templete-sites-how-to-make-own/

well just to answert your question about hte div tag you would have to ad it within the navagation menu so like this <div>nav menu </div>. but follow up on haslip post before you do the div tag.