xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
no9t9

Gmail Notifier It screws up my internet sexplorer

Does anyone use Gmail notifier? I had it installed on my computer but it seems like it is screwing up my internet explorer. The file menu goes invisible. When I click where the file menu should be, the drop down shows up. But, my favorites are empty and also the Tools menu doesn't contain anything.It is really weird. It never did that before and I was using it for a long time. Suddenly now, it doesn't work. I know it is the gmail notifier because as soon as the file menu dissapears, so does the icon in the system tray for the gmail notifier. I try to uninstall it from add/remove programs and it doesn't work.I reinstalled my system a few times just to be sure (I used an image of my hard drive) and it happens everytime. In the end I uninstalled the gmail notifier, now my system is fine.It sucks because i need that thing to tell me when i have email!

hmmm... did you download the version directly off google?. .Who might know.. you might have downloaded it from some third party website and it came with a virus =P.. I have been using it for a really long time, not thing liek that ever happened to me.Well.. an alternative way is to use google talk. It works as a gmail notifier too.Oh well.. try to install it after the next time you reformat it... if it still does the same, then try to redownload the installer.

Yeah, I've used it for a long time without problems; but then, I normally use Firefox instead of IE.Although now that I use Googletalk, it tells me when I have mail.. although I miss the "Tell me again..." option that Notifier has, so I run them both. XDMaybe it's just a fluke o.o

Google Talk comes with a newer version of the notifier, try downloading that.Also, to get the 'Tell Me Again' feature, just right click it and click 'Check mail now'. Does exactly the same thing.