xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Avalon

Combining A Trap17.com And Trap17.net Account is it permitted?

Hi there,

I have been hosted with Xisto.com for a few months now but unfortunately it doesn't quite have enough space for my entire web site. I have a gallery with thumbnails that are not dynamically generated which means I need the space to host them as well the full size images. Currently I am hosting the thumbnails on another free webhost because I don't have enough room on Xisto.com, and yes I do have an upgraded account.

What I am wondering is if it possible for me to have a Xisto.NET account to display the thumbnails used on my Xisto.COM account? The reason for this the current free host I am using to host the thumbnails is not very reliable. Technically I would be using the Xisto.NET account for file storage as I wouldn't have any pages there, just the thumbnail images. This means I would not be showing banners on the Xisto.NET account, but I already have banners and a button promoting Xisto on my Xisto.COM site, because I like to promote such a great service.

If you want to view my site to see the banners and button I am using, go to http://www.mudmall.com/.

Avalon, in reality im sure they wouldn't really know, i know they can still check your account and see whats one there, but unless your site is rising an issue for them to look into your account, then you shouldn't have any problem.The only problem with your idea, is the fact that the banners on Xisto.NET is designed as money to run the servers i'd be assuming, where as the button you provide would only bring them to anther site, where they'd have to click even further for Xisto.com or Xisto.net to benifit. but thats no harm in asking....

Avalon,Is it possible to store your images in the Gallery and thereby save some of your account space? Or does the Gallery usage get charged against your account? I don't know the answer to that. Might want to check that out as an alternative.Which Image Host are you using? I find Photobucket to be quite dependable. I've never tried any other.

TRAP17.NET is hotlink protected and cannot be disabled. This was to prevent Xisto.NET to be created only for file storage purpose.jlhaslip has the best idea. Use Xisto.COM's Gallery to store your images if you have Xisto.COM as hosting. All other sites will be hotlink protected. That goes for your signature and all other images Xisto.COM forum related.

well the gallery is down right due to the image links being broken, but i think it will be fixed once the fourm is updated. But avalon i suggest getting either a photobucket or imageshack account so not to use up BW. im using image shack because the fact that i soak up hugh amounts of bw with my sig rotator, on like 5 different sites :P.

Gallery is working fully except for the thumbnail generator. What happened is that the link to the image was dynamic. But then I pressed it to change it to friendly URL and somewhere along the line the gallery lost the touch with the friendly URL. It's still looking for the dynamic URL instead. OpaQue rebuilt the thumbnail but no luck. But if you upload and use the right click and obtain the link from the property you can still use it as a form of image/video storage.

Thanks for the feedback, unfortunately using Imageshack is not an option as the way my gallery is set up the thumbnail image has the same name as the full size image only it is prefixed with "t_". Imageshack renames the file you upload with some random name, looking at the Xisto gallery, it appears to do a similar thing. I am assuming that Photobucket also works in a similar fashion so I don't think it's an option either.The host I am currently using for the thumbnails is 1asphost.com. It is a small (20mb) free hosting service that as the name implies, allows you to run ASP scripts. I was experimenting with ASP a while back and still have the account.I might look at dynamically creating the thumbnails on my Xisto.com account again. I did play with it a bit in the beginning but it meant a fair bit of rewriting of my scripts so I abandoned the idea.@tuddy While could I probably have both accounts without their knowledge, I prefer to be up front about it in case it is against the rules. I don't want to do anything to jeapordize my current account, such a great service for free is very hard to come by.